• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a jack of all trades [sup jack]

So, are you a jack of all trades

• I'm a single core dude

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I'm a jack of all trades

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, are you a person that does a single thing in life good or are you a jack of all trades?
I'll go first.
I personally consider myself a jack of all trades. I like knowing a little bit about everything.
Generally, I think it's good to know a little bit about everything. Sometimes, that can save you some money.

Last edited:
Went to college on an athletic scholarship and ended up as a government contractor building bridges in the middle east. When i got back from that i got my CDL and started truck driving. Opened my own company and grew to 35 employees. Am now also part owner of a gaming store and a restaurant.
My hobbies range from prepping to rebuilding motorcycles to building mame cabinets. So yeah I've always considered myself a jack of all trades.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Went to college on an athletic scholarship and ended up as a government contractor building bridges in the middle east. When i got back from that i got my CDL and started truck driving. Opened my own company and grew to 35 employees. Am now also part owner of a gaming store and a restaurant.
My hobbies range from prepping to rebuilding motorcycles to building mame cabinets. So yeah I've always considered myself a jack of all trades.
Well done

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Thats pretty smart, just yesterday i was thinking "man fish are fucking dumb and shit, cant even fucking walk or drive a car..useless shits."

thank you for changing my world view

Gargus

Banned
Let's see......

I grew up in a farming area so I know how to grow plants, ride horses, kill and use deer and chickens and cows, operate farm equipment, and being a bit poor we always did our own work and fixed everything ourselves.

As a kid I was a helper for a guy who did remodeling. Worked for him 6 or 7 years.

My uncle bought me a Ford falcon when I was 12 and we spent a year with him showing me how to work on cars by fixing it up and I drove to school when I was 13.

Worked at a grocery store as a stock boy.

Was a temp at a machine shop and they eventually hired me as the shop repairmen and had me running the CNC machines as well.

Worked as a cook at a hardee's fast food restaurant.

Worked at a sign company where we made everything from the restrooms signs that are on the wall, to light up streetside signs, to signs that were 6 feet by 10 feet on buildings.

I was a store manager and technician for a small chain of computer stores.

Worked part time at electronics boutique.

Worked part time at a comic book store.

Was in the army rangers.

Was a sheriff's deputy.

Was a projectionist at a movie theater.

I graduated from nursing school with an associate's and I was a nurses aid on a skilled unit while I was in school.

I have an associate degree in electrical engineering.

I am a building engineer for a nationwide chain of hotels now but started as a maintenance man.

And I've done a whole lot of other little things for jobs and do a lot of reading and studying on things just for myself from cooking to theoretical physics.

Plus I learned a lot of things from my dad was vice president of leasing for several banks, my mother who was a Sane nurse, my uncle that was a marine recon then a us marshal, my aunt that was a real estate agent, my grandpa who was a plumber,

I guess Jack of all trades. I drifted around a lot in jobs. Never quite found my niche. I always wanted to do something else once I got comfortable. Once a place would realize I am autonomous they would cut me loose and let me do my thing I'd get bored or start thinking about something else to do. But I like where I am now. I've been here 7 years and if things go well I am taking my bosses place once he retires this year.

Top Bottom