• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more excited for God of War: Ragnarök or Halo Infinite? Which game do you think will be bigger upon release next year?

Which exclusive juggernaut title are you most excited to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's safe to say both Master Chief of Halo and Kratos of God of War are mascot video game characters. Maybe not as well known around the world as Mario of Super Mario but still pretty popular among gamers. With word that Craig of Halo Infinite will be receiving a full makeover (along with the rest of the game's visuals) and how it will feature a "stunning" single-player campaign, it seems like 343 Industries might end up delivering a good Halo game come late next year for the Xbox Series X/S. And this is exciting because no one really wants to see a big exclusive like Halo fail; after all, we want more reasons to pick up and play on either the PS5 and Series X/S which is why God of War: Ragnarok and Halo Infinite come to mind. I really can't think of two bigger upcoming AAA exclusive experiences that are synonymous with their respective console brands, that will sell more consoles for Sony and Microsoft during the holiday season next year.

That being said, Halo Infinite is something of an underdog in that its initial reveal was underwhelming and also because 343 Industries doesn't have the best track record when it comes to putting out good Halo games. People say Halo 5's multiplayer is really good but I've always liked Halo more for its exciting single-player and incredible music by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori. I want to see Halo Infinite be the next Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Then there's God of War: Ragnarok. 2018's God of War was interesting in that when gameplay was first shown, gamers had mixed reactions about the combat but most ended up loving it in the end. The graphics also looked amazing and just as impressive was the idea to present the game in a continuous shot. So you could argue God of War on the PS4 had revitalized the series. And with little more than a teaser trailer, God of War fans are excited for Ragnarok. Personally I think we need to see a proper 'stepping out from the shadows' type reveal for Kratos on the PS5. We need to see what Sony Santa Monica can really do with this new hardware. It will be interesting to see how much bigger and better this sequel ends up being.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the new God of War and Halo? Which one are more excited to play? Which of the two do you think will be bigger upon release?

Last edited:
God of War. Even if the graphics and gameplay were "only as good" as the PS4 game. It would still be my most anticipated game. Very hyped just to see where the story and character arcs go.

Halo Infinite I am only kind of curious if the MP will turn out worth playing. But I have zero interest in the story of Halo. I don't even have a big issue with the way the game looks on a technical level. But everything they have shown both world and character wise is uninspired. And just a poor forgery of Bungie's earlier work.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm not excited for GoW, I'm fucking freaking out that it can be another x gen port ☠☠☠

Couldn't care less about Halo lol

GametimeUK

It's crazy because I slightly prefer the old GoW games compared to Halo.

I prefer the old Halo games compared to the new GoW.

I prefer the new GoW to the new Halo.

I'm most excited to play Ragnarok over Infinite, but that isn't anything special considering Halo 4 and 5 suck in my opinion. God of War PS4 was a 7/10 good, but not great game where I think the sequel leaves loads of room for improvement.

If I had the same feelings for both the classic games in each series this question woul

Aion002

The last God of War won many awards and sold really well, while most of the fans of the series really enjoyed it.

As someone that didn't care about GoW before the last game, I must say that I am extremely hyped for the Ragnarok. I loved the combat and setting of it, I can't wait for more!

Now on Halo... Well, I hope they can make a good game, but so far it seems to me that the studio making it doesn't really care about the series and is kinda lost.

I don't play FPS games usually, so it's not really a fair vote. If I end up getting a Series S, I'll play through Halo Infinite.

God of War was a series I ignored for years. I liked the first game, and felt like almost every other game was too similar to the first to really be interesting. I didn't like Kratos' character either. The new God of War pulled off the impossible and made Kratos likeable, and also drastically improved the gameplay. So yeah, I'm pretty excited for the sequel. The first game was a masterpiece.

Moogle11

Banned
God of War by far. First one was my game of the past generation. Halo has always just been ok for me as someone that doesn't like the PVP, especially as the campaigns/story have gotten worse post-Bungie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Halo Infinite because I have never played a Halo game before. Of course, I don't see these two games competing with each other as im fully expecting God of War Ragnarok to be 2022.

begotten

To me God of War (2018) was a reintroduction and pure set-up title, yet was still fantastic. Never mind about comparing it to Halo, if Ragnarok improves on the 2018 releases' gameplay, and finds a way to capture more of the visual brutality and grim narrative of the originally trilogy - it could be Sonys' best exclusive ever.

Last edited:
Never been a big fan of either franchise, honestly. However, God of War on PS4 was exceptional so I am extremely hyped for Ragnarok.

Halo Infinite? Still no.

Last edited:

Yoboman

In terms of what?

God of War will review better, win more awards, land bigger in terms of unit sales

More people might play Halo Infinite overall due to multiplatform and F2P multiplayer

Guilty_AI

Are you more excited for God of War: Ragnarök or Halo Infinite?

Little Witch Nobeta

20200624022013_1.jpg

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Like the dozens replies I got in another thread, I think GOW will be delayed to 2022. The newest PS trailer didn't feature it , probably means it's not ready for gameplay footage.

Surely I can still dream that Sony is just keeping it dark and want to drop a huge surprise bomb next year.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I voted GoW just, because only think Halo: I has me offered was Craig. I think it's mediocre franchise at best.

Halo Infinite will be bigger it will be release on Xbox and PC wile GOW only on Playstation and plus Halo is a multiplayer games with the multiplayer being free to play means that people don't even have to buy Halo infinite to play it they can just play the free stand alone multiplayer like Warzone that alone means it will be way bigger.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Like the dozens replies I got in another thread, I think GOW will be delayed to 2022
Oh yeah! There is no way in hell this game is going to make 2021 release. The only thing they showed us is a logo, not even a CGI trailer.

There are games that showed proper gameplay and still end up getting delayed.

EDMIX

None.
343 is a mess.
And the best thing bout God Of War was its production budget

Agreed. Owning a gaming PC and those Halo games coming to PC didn't have me go back. I'm just done with the series. Those days are over lol

God Of War 2018 is a game that makes yo ass invest in a sound system lol

DAT WORLD SERPENT DOE!

3574cea2131a95601cdf5cc35e9e2079.gif

I went into God of War 2018 thinking it was going to be like the others simply using Norse mythology I was shocked on how addictive the gameplay was as the change fits and I think is far better then the originals and that the puzzles were literally on the level of the original Zelda games if not surpassing some of them. The axe was used in so many puzzles in exactly the way you might expect it to be used in an old school Zelda game, ie place this here, move this, call it back...u did it! lol. So I would say I'm more excited for the sequel than I was with God of War 2018 because I simply did not expect what I got.

Yoboman Yoboman Agreed. I think MS should have legit put that fucking money in a new IP, let Halo rest. Those days are just far over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom