• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you ready?

Starfield

d338958ff2bc814159af16dffa99bf00.gif

To reach for the stars?

We are approaching HYPEmosphere. Buckle up buckeroos.
2021 is the year of STARFIELD.

What engine upgrades or gameplay mechanics would you like to see in a hard-scifi game?
How should planet/space exploration look like?
How do you think will they use gravitation in Starfield. Will it be a gameplay mechanic?

So many answers, maybe we find out soon :)

EDIT:

Bethesda Softworks team will schedule time to create the character within 3 months of 2/28/2021.

giphy.gif

*marketing drums awaketh*

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't knew that Todd lurks this forum.

Anyway, I would love to play something that isn't just Skyrim but in space.

Animagic

Banned
d338958ff2bc814159af16dffa99bf00.gif

To reach for the stars?

We are approaching HYPEmosphere. Buckle up buckeroos.
2021 is the year of STARFIELD.

What engine upgrades or gameplay mechanics would you like to see in a hard-scifi game?
How should planet/space exploration look like?
How do you think will they use gravitation in Starfield. Will it be a gameplay mechanic?

So many answers, maybe we find out soon :)
good night sleeping GIF by TV Land

Ceadeus

I can se Starfield being inspired by Mass Effect and Outer World. Right now I could see the game being a mix of both.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm ready for a game that's somewhere between horrible and mediocre that releases in 2022. Bethesda haven't made a great game in 9 years.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
without their old ass engine we wouldn't have the biggest modding community in the world nowadays.
I would prefer stable games above having mods. But still, they could create a new engine to support both of those.

Starfield

I would prefer stable games above having mods. But still, they could create a new engine to support both of those.
They've made substantial engine upgrades between F4/76 and now. Since Fallout 76 they also have more QA tester than ever before.

The ball is in their court.

Ugh. I hate when a user gets so obsessed with a single game they go on crusades to promote it. D.Final did it with FFXV, GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger did it with Dreams, others did it with Gravity Rush.

It's cool to be a fan, but don't go all Jehova Witness with it.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ugh. I hate when a user gets so obsessed with a single game they go on crusades to promote it. D.Final did it with FFXV, GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger did it with Dreams, others did it with Gravity Rush.

It's cool to be a fan, but don't go all Jehova Witness with it.

Says the guy promoting a Wii U game.

hehe

Last edited:

GymWolf

without their old ass engine we wouldn't have the biggest modding community in the world nowadays.
I don't give a fuck about mods, i want a game without 282732638373 bugs at launch and with modern graphic and animations.

Do you think that the vast majority of players install mods?! This game comes out on console too, and even on pc, a shitload of people play the vanilla game.

If you are happy of using an engine that was used in morrowind just to use mods more power to you, people want more after almost 20 years, not even the mt framework from capcom is 20 years old ffs.

Last edited:

Starfield

I don't give a fuck about mods, i want a game without 282732638373 bugs at launch and with modern graphic and animations.

Do you think that the vast majority of players install mods?! This game comes out on console too, and even on pc, a shitload of people play the vanilla game.

If you are happy of using an engine that was used in morrowind just to use mods more power to you, people want more after almost 20 years, not even the mt framework from capcom is 20 years old ffs.
Since 2016 mods exist on consoles too and yes plenty of people use/download them.

For sure the modding community isn't the biggest aspect of their games since their games exist on console but it is still an integral part of the system.

You may not give a shit about mods but millions of other people do. Changing the series/games to another engine wouldn't do so well for the modding community.

There is a reason why no major game studio or indie studio has tried to recreate what bethesda game studios does.

Spoiler: They can't.

GymWolf

Since 2016 mods exist on consoles too and yes plenty of people use/download them.

For sure the modding community isn't the biggest aspect of their games since their games exist on console but it is still an integral part of the system.

You may not give a shit about mods but millions of other people do. Changing the series/games to another engine wouldn't do so well for the modding community.

There is a reason why no major game studio or indie studio has tried to recreate what bethesda game studios does.

Spoiler: They can't.
Thank god if they can't replicate the shitty state of bethesda games at launch.

Poor devs can't make an half game that has to be completed for free by modders, how can they sleep at night?!

Last edited:

Starfield

Thank god if they can't replicate the shitty state of bethesda games at launch.

Poor devs can't make an half game that has to be completed for free by modders, how can they sleep at night?!
Fallout 4 wasn't a shitty buggy bethesda game at launch.

GymWolf

Fallout 4 wasn't a shitty buggy bethesda game at launch.
Lol what? I played that game for 20 hours at lunch and decided to stop because of the bugs, the last one being my green big companion getting lost forever into a wall during a mission.

I had far less bugs in 82 hours of cyberpunk at launch than 20 hours in f4.

Starfield

Lol what? I played that game for 20 hours at lunch and decided to stop because of the bugs, the last one being my green big companion getting lost forever into a wall during a mission.

sucks to be you then

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
The premise sounds good and it is an experienced developer.

But there is a reason we have neologisms like Bugthesda, 4 min satire videos about Todd Howard on Youtube and memes for him and Bethesda.

Just look at their recent "efforts".

"To reach for the stars?"?
"HYPEmosphere"?

Are you really that naive?

Starfield

The premise sounds good and it is an experienced developer.

But there is a reason we have neologisms like Bugthesda, 4 min satire videos about Todd Howard on Youtube and memes for him and Bethesda.

Just look at their recent "efforts".

"To reach for the stars?"?
"HYPEmosphere"?

Are you really that naive?
well someone has to since all I see is negative and edge comments lately whenever Bethesda is being mentioned. It's like one tries to be "cooler" than the other with their shitty drive by comments never to return again (until another Bethesda related topic comes up)

Now that's some dedication to both food and gaming.

SJRB

Gold Member
well someone has to since all I see is negative and edge comments lately whenever Bethesda is being mentioned. It's like one tries to be "cooler" than the other with their shitty drive by comments never to return again (until another Bethesda related topic comes up)
hqdefault.jpg

Ammogeddon

It won’t be nearly as good as you imagine it will be. We all need to move on from hype and embrace the an age of cynicism. Especially with regards to Bethesda.

Top Bottom