• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still hawking for 'dat new shiny GPU?

Hawkeyeing for the new RTX3000 / RX6000?

• Yes

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 68.3%

• Total voters

longdi

Banned
like open various discord alerts in the background?
having saved your cc details in multiple stores, ready to strike?

or have you fuck it to all of this jest?
The itch to buy is gone.

Raphael

Have a console and my old trusty gtx960 managing strategy games just fine so im basically covered on all fronts. I will wait until crypto crashes before i even think about upgrading.

Buggy Loop

Got a 3060. Not what I wanted per say if I even remotely had a choice, but so far so good with the games I play so… yes I’m still on discord for alerts, but I’ve got other shit to do than hawk and fight against bots, I missed plenty of drops since then and I’m less worried. It’s especially dry in stock here in Quebec where Best Buy only sell EVGA to us because of some French law (but other retail such as computer Canada, amazon, Newegg, etc don’t respect?).

At this point I might as well wait for the 4000s

Last edited:
Got a 3060ti by chance in the winter. Still got alerts for drops but to get for friends who will give me 100$ for my effort. Friends happy and I make a few bucks without feeling gross. I've gotten 4 30 series card in the past 5 months.

ahtlas7

Snagged a 3080 last week here in Paris, it was retail but still marked up. My 2080 died so I needed it.

This 3080 is a beast! Love it

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was hoping to snag a 3070 Ti from Best Buy, but they didn't end up dropping until 1pm PST when I had to run to the store, so aside from Newegg Shuffles, I'm done trying to hunt one down.

HoofHearted

I wouldn't say to the same point as during launch.. but I still randomly check discord and notifications and try for one occasionally.

However - it's been MUCH more difficult to find one of these cards instead of a PS5 / XSX..

Tumle

Nope I can wait until supply gets better and the mark-up disappears..
My gtx 980ti is getting a little long in the tooth.. but not so bad that games are unplayable, just don’t have all the new bells and whistles.. the things I’m missing out on that I wish I could take advantage of is dlss and g-sync.. 😕

Kenpachii

With little games actually needing gpu power coming out, my 1080ti will last me until the 4000 series at this point. If situation doesn't improve and performance isn't needed still for games i will just wait for another gen after that.

I got 700 bucks ready for a 3090, nvidia decided to not want it. fine by me. I will wait for the next one that gives me 3090+ performance for that price.

OverHeat

« generous god »
With little games actually needing gpu power coming out, my 1080ti will last me until the 4000 series at this point. If situation doesn't improve and performance isn't needed still for games i will just wait for another gen after that.

I got 700 bucks ready for a 3090, nvidia decided to not want it. fine by me. I will wait for the next one that gives me 3090+ performance for that price.
700$ the rest with credit?

skneogaf

Yes I want a hdmi 2.1 gpu that has enough ram that if/when I upgrade to an 8k TV I'll be okay.

Turns out 8k uses a lot if ram so I'm only interested in a 3090.

I never understood the obsession with wanting the latest and newest GPU out of the gates. There are practically no titles that are in a need of such a card. I still have my 1660ti but granted I only play WoW and competitive Overwatch on my PC.

I do occasional 3D modeling and stuff and a lot of video editing but that's why I invest in a expensive CPU and a lot of ram.

At this point I'll prolly wait for the 4000s. Besides I have my PS5 and XSX for my high end gaming anyways.

The only game I'll consider getting a new GPU for is Fable and Diablo 4 but that won't be for a long while.

Last edited:

Relativ9

I was going to, but at this point I might as well wait for the 4000 series, or heck even 5000 depending on how long this shortage goes on for.

LQX

Been trying to get a 3080 since launch. No luck.

I never understood the obsession with wanting the latest and newest GPU out of the gates. There are practically no titles that are in a need of such a card. I still have my 1660ti but granted I only play WoW and competitive Overwatch on my PC.

I do occasional 3D modeling and stuff and a lot of video editing but that's why I invest in a expensive CPU and a lot of ram.

At this point I'll prolly wait for the 4000s. Besides I have my PS5 and XSX for my high end gaming anyways.

The only game I'll consider getting a new GPU for is Fable and Diablo 4 but that won't be for a long while.
Thing is you cant get any half-way decent GPU at all. That 1660ti of yours which many would take if they could get ahold of it, is selling for damn near the same MSRP as the latest 3060/3070.

Xellos

Still trying Newegg shuffle but that's about it. I'm on EVGA's waiting list too but I'm pretty sure 3000 series will be discontinued before they get to me. Not going to pay scalpers or watch Twitter accounts or camp outside a Microcenter or anything.

Hopefully this will sort itself out by the end of the year.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I never understood the obsession with wanting the latest and newest GPU out of the gates. There are practically no titles that are in a need of such a card.
Ampere released like 9 months ago, and most people are after 3060-3080 cards, not the latest and greatest 3090.

Also, a new console gen happened, and the baseline has been raised. Many people on PC are stuck on Pascal gen, and even cards like your 1660 Ti are getting long in the tooth especially without RT and DLSS support.

teezzy

Banned
No point in upgrading gpu until there's something I wanna play which my current 2070 won't let me

By then, I expect much better cards to be available

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Honestly, I have a gaming PC that I only use for Magic Arena these days. Can't stand most PC exclusive games alltho I grew up on PC games. Very much prefer the console experience these days. So no, I don't want a new card.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I game on a 4K TV and monitor and at those resolutions, having the latest is definitely noticeable in the fps department.

I need an entire new PC so I’m not even going to attempt that right now. Just hope I can play Psychonauts 2 okay on a 980Ti and a rusty old Xeon

Last edited:
Top Bottom