• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Area 5 revives CO-OP with brand new episode!! (1up show spiritual successor)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
AREA 5 Presents: CO-OP 0501 - CO-OP @ GDC 2015:

Z8hbhna.gif

VashTS

I spoke with Cesar during evo, and I brought up how much I missed the days of 1up along with Area 5 putting out regular content. I was happy to see him reassure me that they had many things in the pipeline.

Also, Ryan lost a shitton of weight wow.

jett

D-Member
Man.

I was still sub'd to their channel, apparently, heh. I wonder what exactly have each of them been doing. Ryan very occasionally puts out some sort soft of content, the other people I've never seen since the 1UP show or CO-OP.

I spoke with Cesar during evo, and I brought up how much I missed the days of 1up along with Area 5 putting out regular content. I was happy to see him reassure me that they had many things in the pipeline.

Also, Ryan lost a shitton of weight wow.

They or somebody should put on a show that covers fighting events in this manner.

jediyoshi

Curious how long form, highly edited pieces will work nowadays. Wild to think the bulk of 1up's stuff were pre-YouTube days.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I assumed this was some kind of late april fools joke. It wasn't till I saw all their faces again that I believed! Good to see them back 1UP show was amazing and Co-OP was pretty awesome till it devulged to Gamespot live.

Deadstar

Great to have them back but I must say, the one thing I didn't liked about coop is that it's almost too good.

In all seriousness, COOP was one of the best video series to ever be created. I couldn't wait for new episodes back in the day.

Lucifon

This is goddamn great. Just watching it now.

I really hope this does well for these guys. So good to have the show back.

I feel like the last pay to view Area 5 experiment would have had a better chance if Patreon was around back then. The nice thing about this episode is that I haven't heard much of these games even though the episode isn't super timely. Push you Pull me looks like it is in the same school of thought as Sportsfriends and Videoball. Looks neat but I'm not holding my breath for online functionality.

eot

Banned
Needs guests.
1UP show was great in large part because there were so many people in that office they go drag onto the show.

I saw the little tease for the Firewatch set at the beginning and it instantly reminded me of the game but I wasn't sure if it was just like Cesar's apartment or something. And then they showed it at the end. I think a collector's edition of Firewatch with that map and a patch makes a lot of sense.

Watched it pretty sad that the industry has moved on and highly produces show like this just does not find a wide audience anymore.

Fantastic new episode though awesome! :)

KAL2006

Banned
I hope this is weekly, 1up Show and Coop were by far my favourite gaming video content. I love gametrailers but nothing has toped these guys.

J4mm1nJ03

Co-op was my favorite back in the day. Was always shot and presented so nicely. Revision3 was awesome in general. So many hours spent watching Co-op, TRS, and Diggnation. Miss all of them.

I hope this is weekly, 1up Show and Coop were by far my favourite gaming video content. I love gametrailers but nothing has toped these guys.

How is Gametrailers nowadays? Used to watch GT/Screwattack stuff all the time but just kinda stopped some time ago for some reason.

kollapse

Neo Member
This is making me very nostalgic, and as an owner of a Bugg, my heart melted even more. It's got to be expensive to make these though; it will be interesting to see if it's sustainable this time around.

Jimrpg

Pretty much my favourite internet show of all time.

Glad to see these guys are back even if its just one episode for now!

Needs some Jeff Green!

jlevel13

Thanks for making a new episode guys - I really enjoyed it... The return of that style of discussion about games...

vid

So happy to see these guys in action again, it's too bad it's only for six episodes.

Is there a full repository of the older seasons of CO-OP (and The 1up Show) online anywhere? I'd really like to revisit some of that stuff.

Redrum_82

Top Bottom