• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane Studios is hiring for an unannounced AAA project

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Engine Programmer
To expand its programming team and strengthen its internal technology, Arkane studios Lyon is seeking talented Engine Programmers to join us for a new unannounced project.
Tools Programmer
To expand its programming team and strengthen its internal technology, Arkane studios is seeking talented Tools Programmers to join us for a new unannounced project.
Graphics Engineer
Arkane Studios Austin is looking for a Graphics Engineer to join our team in developing our next AAA title!

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Anyone try Dishonored 2 on permadeath mode? Only way to play as far as I'm concerned. Although I haven't had the desire to go back since dying at the Clocktower. But man, it made the game much more captivating. I was in the moment.

Njocky

Banned
I'm surprised that Dishonored 2 is still leaving Game Pass. When is it coming back?
Also still can't believe this is now an Xbox Game Studio.

Siri

Banned
Anyone try Dishonored 2 on permadeath mode? Only way to play as far as I'm concerned. Although I haven't had the desire to go back since dying at the Clocktower. But man, it made the game much more captivating. I was in the moment.

Oh, whoa! I had no idea this was an option.

Perma-death in Far Cry Primal was transformative. The vanilla game was okay, but the perma-death mode was riveting. The atmosphere at night, when all the wild animals came out, had me shaking in my boots. Alas, at the 24 hour mark I was killed from behind by a sabertooth tiger - it was devastating.

I might load up Dishonored 2 and try this.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
What if it’s the other prey 2?
Haha, that would be amazing.

I don't know if people realize that the reason they renamed Arkane's totally unrelated game to coincide with a commercially dead IP was specifically to keep the IP rights from lapsing and fuck over Human Head and keep them from releasing Prey 2, not because that actually benefitted Bethesda in any way, but because they are run by hateful vindictive cunts.

I will not miss Bethesda's management.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Otherside fucked that game up.

I'd rather just see a sequel to Arx Fatalis. There's so much that can be done there.
Yeah although after all the patches and updates it was a playable kind of interesting games. But not very Underworld.

D.Final

Banned

Cool
I can't wait to see it

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I'm surprised that Dishonored 2 is still leaving Game Pass. When is it coming back?
Also still can't believe this is now an Xbox Game Studio.
It isnt anymore. They took it off the list after the acquisition. Its there. Downloaded it already.

Sentenza

Immersive sim or burst.
Don't really care based on what IP, if new or consolidated.

Last edited:

DJT123

My non-lethal super cop playthrough of Deus Ex this weekend has been so much fun. Its the stone-cold G.O.A.T, its themes transcend other games, but it's the immersive sim gameplay that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Nice to see the spirit of that game still alive with Arkane devs work.

Last edited:
I just wrapped up Dishonored 1 and 2. Easily two of the best games I've played this year.

Arcane has some of the best industrial design and architecture I've seen in a game. Dishonored 2 was incredibly creative with some of the most inventive level designs including a transforming mansion and a tool that lets you view the area in the past or future and let you instantly teleport to and from timelines. They also did a fantastic job of giving the player true freedom to do basically as they please in levels. Play stealthy and never be seen through the entire game, or go apeshit and kill NPCs who are placed hundreds of feet apart in seconds.

I'm pretty interested to see what their next project is.

M7whMuy.jpg

preYmPQ.jpg

They would be the perfect studio for a Perfect Dark game. Their art and character design is almost perfect for the series.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I just wrapped up Dishonored 1 and 2. Easily two of the best games I've played this year.

Arcane has some of the best industrial design and architecture I've seen in a game. Dishonored 2 was incredibly creative with some of the most inventive level designs including a transforming mansion and a tool that lets you view the area in the past or future and let you instantly teleport to and from timelines. They also did a fantastic job of giving the player true freedom to do basically as they please in levels. Play stealthy and never be seen through the entire game, or go apeshit and kill NPCs who are placed hundreds of feet apart in seconds.

M7whMuy.jpg

preYmPQ.jpg

They would be the perfect studio for a Perfect Dark game. Their art and character design is almost perfect for the series.

I'm finishing up Dishonored 2 and jumping straight into Death Of The Outsider.

Vyndktvx

Neo Member
Hopefully after the buyout Arkane can go back to making immersive sims. Deathloop isn’t really grabbing my attention and I’d love to get a follow up to Dishonored or Prey.

makaveli60

M7whMuy.jpg

preYmPQ.jpg

Play the DLCs of the first game and especially Death of the Outsider that wraps up the story and is a smaller (but not small) standalone game.

I'm finishing up Dishonored 2 and jumping straight into Death Of The Outsider.

Play the DLCs of the first game and especially Death of the Outsider that wraps up the story and is a smaller (but not small) standalone game.

I played the DLC for the first game after I finished it. I just finished the first mission in Death of the Outsider. Playing Dishonored 1, it's DLC, Dishonored 2 and now Death of the Outsider back-to-back it's crazy how much the it all feels like one single long game broken into parts with a massive graphical upgrade halfway through.

Top Bottom