• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Faddy

Banned
I never said you should of voted for either, but your 'aggressive playstyle' certainly didn't come through for your number 1 town read.

I tried to get Natiko lynched. I went for a short statement to see if I could get a couple of people before ramping it up. Splinter went for it, then Sorian killed it. Genuinely I think if Natiko got to 4 votes it might have went over the top.

Fat4all

Banned
I tried to get Natiko lynched. I went for a short statement to see if I could get a couple of people before ramping it up. Splinter went for it, then Sorian killed it. Genuinely I think if Natiko got to 4 votes it might have went over the top.

I do concede that in that stage of the day it would of been difficult to wage a proper defense of Lifeline (less than 30 mins til the end of the day), but you had opportunities earlier in the day that you didn't take.

After Time had gone into his big read about the previous days actions, you asked whether Time though both Lifeline and Terra were scum, and Time answered:

And I think potentially both, but lifeline has given me more reason to vote for him. Terra might, as he said, been going along the ride for fun. Which is still a weird look...

Was Lifeline not considered town to you at this point? Because from that moment onward any mentions of scum feel towards Lifeline had you completely out of the conversation.

In fact, other than your original attempt to go after Natiko with a vote earlier, you didn't even push heavily for that angle the whole rest of the day. It was pretty much just your vote for Natiko, your reasoning, and then several hours later, your small comment about them being the ones to be lynched.

Considering how you played early day one, and (so far) early day two, it's a strange juxtaposition to see.

Flame_AC

I'd like to do a small read on Flame while I have the chance. The first couple of posts through the early day have been fairly innocuous.

I do have a bit of a strange feeling about this part of one of their posts, though

I think on the surface it seems like nothing more than a playful taunt, or them aknologing that they haven't gotten too much attention as a 'new player' being put into the game pretty recently, but the idea of waiting to be asked for their opinion and stating that aloud to everyone seems overly staged. If one has opinions they want to discuss, they usually just say them. This felt a bit forced.

Besides that wiggle of weirdness I felt, Flame has been keeping involved in some of the discussions and gave a few thought out reads, and they prompted Penguin to get more involved. I would like to hear more reads from them though, or impression in general for how the day has gone (even if it has been a bit slow of a day so far, considering).

So far OK, no lean.

I'd be more concerned if you just labeled me full on town. Is there anyone in particular you want me to give my thoughts on? I aim to please.

As for how the day has gone, I'd say pretty poorly so far. We're coming up on halfway through it and there's barely any votes out and no real arguments (my fault too, but at least I voted). I'm disappointed the consensus seems to want to do the double lynch, but not much I can do about that.

Penguin still hasn't done anything of note yet. Where you at?

franconp

Day 2 votes

absolutbro (1)
sorian 892

natiko (0)
faddy 918 (1038)

faddy (2)
flame_ac 937
timeaisis 996

flame_ac (0)
batsnacks 958 (967)

sexyfish (2)
batsnacks 967
acohrs 995

mickd (1)
sexyfish 970

fat4all (1)
faddy 1038

Day 2 ends:
red_1493420400.png

Automated vote tally here

Sorian

Banned
Now stupid question, why do people use the term "scum" is that specifically for Batman or is that a site thing for this game?

Since no one else seemed to answer, "scum" is a general term used for anyone on the mafia team. Some people also extend the word to just talk about any non-town entity which means neutrals as well but that's a player by player thing so just assume it means mafia is probably easiest.

Dunno, I have a different view of how that went down. I'm not saying I was sure yesterday Lifeline wasn't scum but I just find it funny how several people agreed that Lifeline was most likely a newbie with tunnel vision yet somehow ended up lynched, and now there's people reading Terra/now Flame as town for another rash behavior.

Sure, Sorian fits the bill. Being very vocal about it since the beginning of the day, and I'm not saying his logic is wrong regarding Flame (I'm not sold that he's town entirely, but I agree Terra's a known quantity that probably wouldn't abandon his scum team). It's more that he's using an argument he might as well have used for LL yesterday.

I'm not sure why this is being softballed to me because there is a clear issue with the assertion. You'd be right that town reading Terra/Flame and Lifeline would be kind of the same thing. That's why I town read Lifeline for almost all of day 1. The thing that made me scum read him wasn't his conspiracy theories or doubling down on them (which I town read), it was that I woke up for day end and checked the thread and what I found was Bats pressuring him and Lifeline trying to get suspicion to go anywhere else (except his co-wagon Terra for the weak reasoning of "he voted me earlier and scum would never have the audacity to do that"). In comparison, Terra then ended the day by playing against his win con unless he is exactly a jester/tanner which we know he isn't.

Hm? You mean to prod me about something?

Yes, I'm prodding you to actually play the game. You have been a non-entity for a full day phase and more into the next and even had the nerve to say the game is falling into inactivity while still not giving much in the way of reads on anyway.

------

Also, I'm aware where my vote is, I'm unimpressed with AB having activity at the start of the day (with logic I don't really agree with to begin with) and then ghosting out of here.

RetroMG

May I have your attention, please.

Due to a high number of sub requests, we are nearing the end of our list of game substitutes. We would like to ask you to please think very carefully before asking to be replaced in a game. We understand that there are many reasons why someone would need to drop out of a game, but we are reaching the limits of how many people we can replace.

Additionally, we would like to encourage all players to consider joining the replacement list if and when they die, so that we can replenish our substitute list. If, after a time, we decide more subs will not be needed, we can then send you on to the dead thread.

Thank you.

Just for reference, at this time we have four replacements left, some of whom are already being contacted to join games.

Flame_AC

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia!

For real though, we need some people to show up.

Also, how would we feel about a Zipped lynch today. A couple of people have mentioned him, though there aren't any votes. (Faddy is the secret best lynch though, why not both)

SexyFish, you said you were gonna change your vote after a half day or so barring no relevant info. Who you switching to?

SexyFish

Banned
Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia!

For real though, we need some people to show up.

Also, how would we feel about a Zipped lynch today. A couple of people have mentioned him, though there aren't any votes. (Faddy is the secret best lynch though, why not both)

SexyFish, you said you were gonna change your vote after a half day or so barring no relevant info. Who you switching to?
I was hoping we would see more people show up too, but that hasn't happened yet. Of the people available, I'm not against a Faddy vote. I think his defense of Lifeline early on could have been used as a meat shield basically trying to prove himself to be town.

Flame_AC

I had the terrifying thought that me sayin that thing is gonna kill me all of a sudden. But don't worry about that y'all. We shouldn't focus on this issue.

We need your thoughts too Penguin.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Looks like our doggo is a little spooped here

'sly vote', what a load of shite. There was nothing sly about my vote, and it was discussed at length between several people, including with you.

There's nothing in that post saying I'm unconvinced Terra isn't scum, stop putting words in my mouth.

Reaching if I ever saw it.

You got all hot and bothered about being accused of passive play, and now that you've composed yourself, you're going after your accuser? Are you a rabid pupper?

Fat4all

Banned

You got all hot and bothered about being accused of passive play, and now that you've composed yourself, you're going after your accuser? Are you a rabid pupper?

Not at all. Faddy talking about me 'standing around' while the days vote ended just convinced me to look at what other players were doing around that time. That's when my hypothesis came to be.

Also, Dr. Worm, this is a nothing comment.

Do you agree with Faddy's points made against me? Was my vote for Terra 'sly'? What about my comments against him? Do you think Faddy might of used Lifeline?

I wouldn't mind seeing you take a stand on some of the positions brought up.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Not at all. Faddy talking about me 'standing around' while the days vote ended just convinced me to look at what other players were doing around that time. That's when my hypothesis came to be.

uh huh, uh huh

Also, Dr. Worm, this is a nothing comment.

It's clear that you don't believe that yourself! Did I touch a nerve?

Do you agree with Faddy's points made against me? Was my vote for Terra 'sly'? What about my comments against him? Do you think Faddy might of used Lifeline?

I wouldn't mind seeing you take a stand on some of the positions brought up.

Faddy's play doesn't endear itself to me, but I feel better personally about him playing consistently (he wasn't the only one to townread Lifeline, nor the only one to angle for a different wagon) than I do about talky woofer having a temper tantrum because he got called out on his fluffing

Nudull

Banned
Hey Nudull. I'll prod you.

Who do you think is scummier, Me, Fat4all or Mazre?

Yes, I'm prodding you to actually play the game. You have been a non-entity for a full day phase and more into the next and even had the nerve to say the game is falling into inactivity while still not giving much in the way of reads on anyway.

Well, pardon me for trying not to be as aggressive this game, considering what happened last time I played with Gafia. I was starting at the clearer points first and working my way up, no need to be aggressive. Stuff happened on my end and I'm getting to be active now (as I've already said in this thread before), so may we move on?

I am leaning on something going on with you, Faddy. Going over Fat4all's argument, it does appear sound but I can see people already trying to poke holes. As for the other two, Mazre hasn't been around much this phase while Fat4all seems to be acting townish (not all that hard to do, though). I'll likely come down to a vote soon, depending on what some people say.

Penguin

I've got some headlight fluid to sell you if you'd like.

Everyone knows The Penguin only enjoys fancy fish!

Thought shared my initial thoughts

Now how many heroes are we talking here? I feel like Natiko and Faddy are fighting a bit too much... that may be trying to play us. Go after each other, but make sure the other is safe or get one voted off so we won't look at them again.

I do find the in-fighting helps one of them survive at the expense of the other ultimately. And still trying to see where the rest of the cards fall.

Except Sorian, he's good people!

Dr. Worm

Banned
Alright, let's rip this dissertation apart.

For a while I pegged Sorian as being the kind to be the aggressive-scum type in this game, but the more I look back over the interaction between Sorian, Lifeline and Faddy, the more I think that role is being played by Faddy. This starts with a look back at the early day-one interactions.

So, what makes you so familiar with how batfam is hiding? What makes you think this a hard-and-fast archetype of mafia play that we need to be looking for out? I'm interested in why you believe mafia is playing by formula, and of the aggressive playstyles one of them must be scum (but only one).

Paragraph 1: Faddy must be playing to mafia archetype. Good start, basing this off circumstantial evidence.

Very early in the game, while Lifeline was making his read on several people and discussing it with acohrs and Dr Worm, they stated this without provocation. At this point in time there's not much to read from it, until looking at their pattern of play over the course of the day. Immediate conversation has him siding with Lifeline out of, what he refers to as 'evidence', tying their alliances (or at least goodwill) to Lifeline early.

Yes, reads are often just gut-checks on Day 1. You acknowledge that this is normal.

Paragraph 2: Faddy is playing in a normal manner. We're on a roll here.

Faddy then takes another chance to tie himself to Lifeline by making them his number one town read. In fact, Faddy promotes and helps perpetuate Lifelines ill-made conclusions under the guise of liking Lifelines 'nativity'.

I think Lifeline was being used as Faddy's shield.

Paragraph 3: Early in the phase, Faddy encouraged and patronized a player who was obviously new.

Geez, does his list of sins never end?

Faddy attached themselves loosely to Lifeline early in the game, knowing that if they kept playing they way they were, they might get enought heat to be lynched on day one or two, and that backing that player to the grave would give them a leg up in the standing.

Backing a townie all the way to the grave for a townread? "My, my..."

One only has to look at some of Faddy's posts as the day progressed to see when they decided to start downplaying their faith in Lifeline. As the votes started to shift slightly towards Lifeline, they instead chose to poke at other spots in the game. Leading votes off of Terra (which would likely just hit Lifeline):

...is what I'd say, but that's not what he actually did, according to you! If Faddy is supposed to be some kind of batfam genius for the diabolical move of townreading someone who flips town, he seems to flub the execution pretty badly, given that he loses interest in defending them!

Paragraph 4: Faddy guesses player's alignment correctly, then moves on. Were you expecting him to spam "LIFELINE IS TOWN GAIZ" all throughout?

As well as mentioning that Natiko should be lynched much too late into the day:

Faddy staked his position re: Natiko pretty early:

I am now very concerned about Natiko. I'm piggybacking on Sorian here but that the opportunism of that vote on Terra cannot be ignored. Same goes for Fat4All.

Kalor, who himself is under suspicion, makes a weak vote on Terra and those two are right in behind it seeing an opportunity to jump on a wagon with a compromised player.

VOTE: Natiko

but yes, he wasn't pushing his wagon very hard early enough. What of it?

But as the day slipped by, they didn't lift a finger in defense of Lifeline (even though that last post was less than thirty mins away from the days end). In fact, there wasn't any other posts from then til the end. Lifeline was Faddy's number one town, and in the last 24 hours Faddy didn't mention Lifeline, nor raise any objections, to them getting lynched. As soon as they saw the potential for Lifeline to get lynched, they backed away from their side.

For being known as an 'aggressive player' (who's never been cast as a scum before, as they mentioned day one...), they ran away from Lifeline quite quickly.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

He makes his position clear early on, then goes on to bigger and better things. Since when is not mentioning Lifeline equivalent to backing away?

Paragraph 5: Pretty blatant misinterpretation.

C'mon, woofer. If you wanna play the "cool cucumber" bit, play it consistently - no hyperventilating just because your butt got sniffed. I didn't necessarily buy Faddy's argument, but your overreaction seems to speak volumes. Is the idea of your not-lynched streak ending really that worrying for you?

batsnacks

Regretting not shooting worm even more.

Flame_AC's assertion that there are no real votes or arguments is wrong and easily scum motivated. There are so many good lynches right now.

SexyFish, again, is in the thread looking for easy lynches. Now he's "not against" a Faddy lynch, a MickD lynch, or a Worm lynch.

His read progression on Worm in particular looks like caught scum:

I could hop on a Worm train
if I knew what you're hinting at pal.
I said I think he's town why would you do that lol
My reading comprehension failed me. No work train indeed.
yeah but you think he's mafia right? why lol
I had a feeling about Worm since his vote for me, although it seems to have fell through since Kalor died.

Throwing a vote to hopefully get more insight to get this person actually talking and some of their reads.

VOTE: MickD

What are your thoughts/opinions, MickD? Anything less alcohol fueled?

SexyFish has forced a scum read on Worm AFTER THE FACT here. He has never mentioned worm before this exchange. He immediately diverts to a MickD lynch.

Mazre

Still early in the phase but I still kind of like Dr. Worm for scum. I'll probably review his d1 posts again before dropping a vote though.

I also think the following 2 sets of players are worth a deeper look.

Remaining players who voted for Terra/Flame - Fat4All, SexyFish, Acohrs, and Verelios
Players who didn't vote for either Lifeline or Terra (and weren't absent)- Faddy, Fireblend, AbsolutBro, MickD, (and myself, though obviously that's an effort for someone else)

Picking up from last night, work was miserable today and my reading this evening hasn't been very productive.

In the meantime some further thoughts on the players above:

Fat4all - want to review some more but I can at least respect the fact that he made his argument yesterday and followed it to the end of the phase

SexyFish - seems to be around regularly, maybe a bit timid, not unusual for a new player

acohrs - Feels like he's pulled back this phase compared to day 1. Perhaps he's feeling more secure having navigated day 1 so he doesn't need to try to stand out as much today?

Verelios - drawing a blank on Ver

Faddy - I keep mixing him up with fat4all, they actually seem to be playing similar games, which is kind of amusing considering how they seem to be going after each other currently

Fireblend - inoffensive

absolutbro - drawing a blank here as well

mickd - policy fodder; nothing to discuss here at this point;

Fat4all

Banned
*whole-snip*

The sheer amount of condescension in this post reads more like you're the one who might be angry about sommit, Worm.

So, what makes you so familiar with how batfam is hiding? What makes you think this a hard-and-fast archetype of mafia play that we need to be looking for out? I'm interested in why you believe mafia is playing by formula, and of the aggressive playstyles one of them must be scum (but only one).

Paragraph 1: Faddy must be playing to mafia archetype. Good start, basing this off circumstantial evidence.

I don;t see what the issue is with basing someone actions off of set characteristics of some scum players. There ware many different ways to play as a scum for sure, but some patterns emerge. I'm also not saying it's evidence, like you claim, only the possibility that Faddy fits into a similar role based off of my theory.

Paragraph 3: Early in the phase, Faddy encouraged and patronized a player who was obviously new.

Why such a reach to defend Faddy at this point? You think it unlikely that a scum could be nice to or try to befriend a newer player?

I don't see why it would be outlandish or difficult to do. It seems like a common tactic in general for scum to ally with town early in hopes that their lynching would give them a boost in reputation.

...is what I'd say, but that's not what he actually did, according to you! If Faddy is supposed to be some kind of batfam genius for the diabolical move of townreading someone who flips town, he seems to flub the execution pretty badly, given that he loses interest in defending them!

I'm actually not sure what you mean here. It's easy to back off of defending someone, you just put your attention somewhere else. The fact that he put his attention somewhere else and then even downplayed that position (the vote on Natiko) is just a curious to me.

He makes his position clear early on, then goes on to bigger and better things. Since when is not mentioning Lifeline equivalent to backing away?

Except he doesn't. His span of posts over the next several hours are spread thin, cover several people (never Lifeline and rarely Natiko), and unfocused. What 'bigger and better things' are you talking about?

C'mon, woofer. If you wanna play the "cool cucumber" bit, play it consistently - no hyperventilating just because your butt got sniffed. I didn't necessarily buy Faddy's argument, but your overreaction seems to speak volumes. Is the idea of your not-lynched streak ending really that worrying for you?

woof, your kind of a jerk for no real reason

batsnacks

I probably wouldn't unvote SexyFish for any reason at this point they're pretty much a red check to me.

For the number of people who have called out suspicious things about Zippedpidhead it's really surprising he doesn't have any votes.

Nudull

Banned
Picking up from last night, work was miserable today and my reading this evening hasn't been very productive.

In the meantime some further thoughts on the players above:

Fat4all - want to review some more but I can at least respect the fact that he made his argument yesterday and followed it to the end of the phase

SexyFish - seems to be around regularly, maybe a bit timid, not unusual for a new player

acohrs - Feels like he's pulled back this phase compared to day 1. Perhaps he's feeling more secure having navigated day 1 so he doesn't need to try to stand out as much today?

Verelios - drawing a blank on Ver

Faddy - I keep mixing him up with fat4all, they actually seem to be playing similar games, which is kind of amusing considering how they seem to be going after each other currently

Fireblend - inoffensive

absolutbro - drawing a blank here as well

mickd - policy fodder; nothing to discuss here at this point;

Well, speak of the devil. :p

batsnacks

Flame_AC explaining that his read and vote on Faddy are bad:
As for how the day has gone, I'd say pretty poorly so far. We're coming up on halfway through it and there's barely any votes out and no real arguments (my fault too, but at least I voted). I'm disappointed the consensus seems to want to do the double lynch, but not much I can do about that.

Fat4all

Banned
it's kind of weird how blasé you're being with you ability, bats (if you ain;t lying), but I actually dunno if this is scum-Worm

when we scum'd together he was pretty different in gamechat, but maybe he has scum teammates who're stressing him out or sommit

batsnacks

it's kind of weird how blasé you're being with you ability, bats (if you ain;t lying), but I actually dunno if this is scum-Worm

when we scum'd together he was pretty different in gamechat, but maybe he has scum teammates who're stressing him out or sommit

he was just like this in the game thread though once we were doing well.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Regretting not shooting worm even more.

Man, who isn't?

The sheer amount of condescension in this post reads more like you're the one who might be angry about sommit, Worm.

You asked for a stand, dog, so I'm standing up.

I don;t see what the issue is with basing someone actions off of set characteristics of some scum players. There ware many different ways to play as a scum for sure, but some patterns emerge. I'm also not saying it's evidence, like you claim, only the possibility that Faddy fits into a similar role based off of my theory.

So it's circumstantial, then.

I wouldn't start this type of argument with that, but whatever.

Why such a reach to defend Faddy at this point? You think it unlikely that a scum could be nice to or try to befriend a newer player?

Why such a reach to attack Faddy at this point? You think it unlikely that a town could be nice to or try to befriend a newer player?

I don't see why it would be outlandish or difficult to do. It seems like a common tactic in general for scum to ally with town early in hopes that their lynching would give them a boost in reputation.

If I'm scum picking a town ally, why would I pick Lifeline, the guy whose posts are being likened to conspiracy theories?

I'm actually not sure what you mean here. It's easy to back off of defending someone, you just put your attention somewhere else. The fact that he put his attention somewhere else and then even downplayed that position (the vote on Natiko) is just a curious to me.

We go back and reference his posts, don't we? Typically, the same read isn't posted multiple times if nothing's changed. Like, what do you want him to do?

And how is suggesting that we back a Natiko lynch downplaying his Natiko vote?

Except he doesn't. His span of posts over the next several hours are spread thin, cover several people (never Lifeline and rarely Natiko), and unfocused. What 'bigger and better things' are you talking about?

Scumhunting? He's asking questions, engaging other topics with his thoughts and opinions. He talks *Splinter, Terrabyte, batsnacks, Natiko... and he even asks them for opinions on Lifeline! Take a look yourself.

The core of your argument seems to be that Faddy... didn't repeat himself a lot. That's the takeaway I'm taking away.

woof, your kind of a jerk for no real reason

Are you not a fan of ruff play?

batsnacks

THIS IS THE LIST

SexyFish
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro

royalflush and Sorian added absolutbro to the list.

Faddy isn't on the list right now because I think the case on him boils down to this and similar posts being weird and annoying. Also that he didn't defend Lifeline hard enough or something:
Yeah lynch the guy who was trying to change the thread away from a pair of town trains. If I were scum why would I even bother.

Dr. Worm

Banned
The core of your argument seems to be that Faddy... didn't repeat himself a lot. That's the takeaway I'm taking away.

From hell's heart, my point is this:

You reacted pretty wildly to Faddy's assertion that you fluff. (It's kinda true - you're a pretty fluffy dog, and I laughed when you said my comment with "pretty nothing.") You tried to pull together a grand unified theory that would point to Faddy being scum, you asked me to comment on it, and I pointed out that it's pretty basic and insubstantial. Batsnacks seems to agree, which means you lose Snacks points.

I'm not gonna cry "scum" for this on you, because I think there's a chance that deep down, you're a good dog. Maybe you're jittery because you're scum, maybe you're jittery just because you might be lynched. But this ain't a good look for you.

Flame_AC

Flame_AC explaining that his read and vote on Faddy are bad:

I wasn't referring to myself in the bad argument portion. My post was meant to indicate my exasperation at the lack of votes, though at least I contributed something. The "my fault too" refers to the fact that I could be contributing more and I'd feel bad/wrong if I just said y'all and didn't group myself in on in the blame.

Fat4all

Banned
Well, I was gonna post more points against Worm, but it's mostly reiteration on my points anyways.

I still think my points still stand some consideration. And, Dr. Worm, you saying that my theory was made just because I was angry at Faddy (all the while being super smug in that belief) is pretty petty. I never have denied to posting a good amount of fluff, but I don't see how anyone could boil my posting history down to just fluff and nothing else.

Flame_AC

THIS IS THE LIST

Faddy isn't on the list right now because I think the case on him boils down to this and similar posts being weird and annoying. Also that he didn't defend Lifeline hard enough or something:

That post you quoted of Faddy's has been talked about before. Seems like a pretty common theme to just link yourself to a person or two, especially one who might be feeling the heat, and try and defend them. Then when they flip you get some of those good vibes from their death.

Fat4all

Banned
again, editorializing. Not being told I only post fluff literally, but more the overall assumption that I mostly post fluff.

batsnacks

That post you quoted of Faddy's has been talked about before. Seems like a pretty common theme to just link yourself to a person or two, especially one who might be feeling the heat, and try and defend them. Then when they flip you get some of those good vibes from their death.
yeah scum loves defending town and loves "being right" I think that point against faddy is good. Fat4all said it well too.

Dr. Worm

Banned
again, editorializing. Not being told I only post fluff literally, but more the overall assumption that I mostly post fluff.

I'm not pulling the trigger to vote you scum, because I've seen your fluff before, whereas I don't know if Faddy has (I'm guessing no). Your post counts go high, but they're inflated. You don't have the greatest signal-to-noise ratio, because even some of your analysis can be nothing to write home about.

Your style is why I made a point of calling attention to your inflammation. It jumps out.

I don't know if your theory only exists because you got antsy, but to an untrained observer, there would seem to be a link.

Natiko

Banned
When Dr. Worm is in a safe place as mafia he condescends like ^ that, I might actually shoot him tonight. *shrug*

Do you see Worm and SexyFish as being scum together or do you feel it's more likely to be one or the other?

I decided to give a look through of SexyFish to see if anything from D1 jumped out, but honestly it was pretty uneventful. The votes garnered were all pretty meager and outside of maybe Sorian's vote nothing stood out as too odd interaction wise. I think the case being made today is quite a bit stronger, but part of me wonders if it's a case of scum SexyFish looking to find a wagon to hook on to or if it's inexperienced town SexyFish not feeling confident to solve and instead following any argument that seems decent from others.

Dr. Worm required a much deeper dig to gather my thoughts as honestly they felt like a bit of a blind spot despite their post count.

Yeah, I'm definitely not competent enough to pull a Mafia win with an alert town. I have finals next week, so I'm uncomfortable making too any promise near-term, but I'll at least shoot for a twice a (real) day.

I'm never sure how to comport myself Day 1. Maybe I'll copy you and throw a prod, idk.
This is just a really meek post, especially early in the game. Already trying to seed doubt about his ability to play a good scum game though we know from Vampire he's more than capable.
Having played with fat4all and batsnacks in my last game, they're pretty good at chatting as scum. Already, fat4all's being townread by multiple people. Nothing but respect for them, but don't be hasty.

huh well then okay
Here we have a warning to not trust fat too quickly.

I don't think it counts as much as you think it counts when you're counting thinking and your count is counting your thinking.

What intrigues you?

I'm intrigued by the attention he's somehow garnered, with his six posts not doing much to intrigue me on their own. Maybe I'm just sympathetic with the indecisive? I was considering standing up for Lifeline myself.

I was a little hesitant to pile onto Lifeline, since I know he's new and a couple of other people were coming after him, and then went on him again when he backed down.

I'm... less reticent now that he's tried again, but I try to be fair with people. I'm naturally trusting and have a tendency to seek consensus, and I'm entirely cognizant of how that's landed me where I am now.
A couple posts where he's very hedging about attacking two people we now know are town (and that scum would have already known are likely to be town).
To elaborate (in case someone wanted to call me anti-scumhunting or whatever):

We've got quite a range of skill levels in this game, with a handful of newer players in addition to some more experienced, more confident personalities. It's natural for a number of people to be intimidated by that latter group, even unintentionally; there are times when the community can seem cliquey. That effect is stronger here because this game was advertised as "Role Madness" and aimed more at experienced players, hence the greater amount of them.

I don't want to cramp on anyone's style, but the impression I get is something of a "too many cooks in the kitchen"-type scenario, where a lot of people are looking for people to peg as mafia, and the atmosphere risks being cannibalistic, where defenses of others can lead to scumreads. fat4all's posts, to me, read like he's in a similar boat as Mazre and myself, in that he isn't as assured of his thoughts and is dancing around that - I can certainly see the less active half of the player list feeling the same, but not wanting to comment as such, especially after Kalor was jumped on for being indecisive.

I realize this post may be a little too meta, so I'll come to my point: I think the tendency to want to hang back is completely justified, and it's necessary to encourage everyone playing to speak up if we want to have a full picture. We benefit from listening to everyone's thoughts, and it's important to try not to discourage that.
So it's at this point I start to get confused. This very much reads as a defense of fat. Keep in mind this comes not too long after the exchange regarding Terra's buddy up to Lifeline. This is the same Fat he already warned against trusting too much and now the moment any criticism is levied fat's way he shows up to dissuade that.
Mazre, Timeaisis, fat4all appear to be playing similarly to Vampire

MickD is drunker, but town lynched him for his sloppy play there

batsnacks seems to be taking less of a leadership role, but that's understandable; I was waiting for him to use his authoritative tone
But then we have this where the implication would seem to be that fat is playing similarly to how he played as scum in Vampire.

uh huh, uh huh

It's clear that you don't believe that yourself! Did I touch a nerve?

Faddy's play doesn't endear itself to me, but I feel better personally about him playing consistently (he wasn't the only one to townread Lifeline, nor the only one to angle for a different wagon) than I do about talky woofer having a temper tantrum because he got called out on his fluffing

Alright, let's rip this dissertation apart.

Yes, reads are often just gut-checks on Day 1. You acknowledge that this is normal.

Paragraph 2: Faddy is playing in a normal manner. We're on a roll here.

Paragraph 4: Faddy guesses player's alignment correctly, then moves on. Were you expecting him to spam "LIFELINE IS TOWN GAIZ" all throughout?

Faddy staked his position re: Natiko pretty early:

Paragraph 5: Pretty blatant misinterpretation.

From hell's heart, my point is this:

You reacted pretty wildly to Faddy's assertion that you fluff. (It's kinda true - you're a pretty fluffy dog, and I laughed when you said my comment with "pretty nothing.") You tried to pull together a grand unified theory that would point to Faddy being scum, you asked me to comment on it, and I pointed out that it's pretty basic and insubstantial. Batsnacks seems to agree, which means you lose Snacks points.

I'm not gonna cry "scum" for this on you, because I think there's a chance that deep down, you're a good dog. Maybe you're jittery because you're scum, maybe you're jittery just because you might be lynched. But this ain't a good look for you.

Which leads us to this culmination. We get Dr. Worm taking his hardest stance of the game so far. This is far more analysis and work put in than he has put forth the rest of the game (not attacking your play style, just a fact of the situation). Why now? And if you're willing to go through all of this effort why undercut it at the very end with the bolded portion? Dr. Worm has been sending mixed messages about Fat throughout the game. My thoughts? I could very well see them both being scum. Perhaps at this point they recognize it's unlikely that the scum team will escape unscathed given the double lynch today. Dr. Worm might be prepping a bus of fat but is hoping to leave some room open in case enough alternative candidates appear today.

VOTE: Dr. Worm

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

Top Bottom