• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Origins "no plans on releasing another patch" DLC to take priority

From the Arkham Origins community manager

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...-possibility/m-p/122949/highlight/true#M15908

Hi all,

The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient.

Such a damn shame as I am currently locked out of completing a couple of sidequests on my new game plus file. I have read plenty of forum posts of people having similar problems that have not been resolved after numerous patches. I was a damn fool and bought the season pass too so they already got my money.

**edit**

I was looking around the other support threads and found this post by the community manager on the PC section which would seem to indicate they are going to looking into a specific issue with Deathstroke.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...ingering-Issues-and-Concerns/m-p/122959#M6564

Hi all,

The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed.

But as was mentioned on another thread on this PC board: The teams will be looking into addressing the issue of Deathstroke’s Quick Fire Neural Pellets and Quick Fire Proximity Bomb not working with PC mouse/keyboard.

The timing of this fix is still not determined, but I will be sure to post any updates in the Latest Updates/ Updates on Support sticky on this board.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient.

So it looks like they MAY try to fix this Deathstroke problem, but with no specific time frame or even any guarantee that they will get around to this fix. Although I cannot imagine playing this kind of game on keyboard and mouse, it must suck for those PC gamers that can since quickfire gadgets are a necessity to get the most out of the combat maps.

**edit** update by community manager

An update from the community manager was posted today on the Arkham Origins message board

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Update/m-p/125059/highlight/true#M26

Hi everyone,

We want to clarify a few details and rectify any misconceptions regarding our plans for any future updates for Batman: Arkham Origins. The studio did not stop working on updates in order to move its resources to focus solely on DLC. The studio has various teams that work on different aspects of the title; the team working on DLC is and has been separate from the team working on any updates for the game.

Following the launch of the game, the team worked hard to investigate and address the issues that were fixable with a focus on any issues that were preventing players from progressing. The team’s goal post-launch was to ensure the best possible game experience and that stance has not changed. Several patches were issued and with patch 1.05, the team feels confident that the most challenging issues for players have been addressed. At this time, we currently do not have plans to issue any additional updates.

We will continue to listen to our players and we are committed to addressing issues raised by the community in the best way possible.

I will admit that "priority" was my choice of words and may not have been accurate of the issue at hand. So apparently there are different teams for DLC and patches and patch team feels 1.05 is adequate to address player issues despite also admitting that progression bugs and keyboard control still exist within the game for some people.

dcelone53

Neo Member
I just gave up, its a shame, I was hell bent on beating all the side missions until it wont even let me investigate the fight to start the Bird missions.

Penguin

That's a nasty attitude

"We already got your money, we're only concerned about getting more of it now!"

AEREC

So they acknowledge there may be progression stopping bugs but they won't do anything about it...nice.

GavinUK86

Is this just a console specific issue? I've 100% the PC version and only ever encountered that radio tower bug, which was fixed ages ago.

I thought it was a bloody fantastic game.

Kade

What the fuck? Why the fuck should anyone continue to support a publisher/developer who prioritizes profit and paid content over stability and functionality of their products?

Fuck these guys. It hasn't affected me and I know it's only a problem for a small number of users but their philosophy is garbage and doesn't sit well with me.

Acknowledging that game breaking bugs still exist but you won't be fixing them 'cause you got DLC to sell is fucking disgusting.

Wow, what a bunch of ass holes.

Ahasverus

Yeah fuck them. I've played the game 3 times without any issue BUT apparently these things happen, and they shouldn't

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Doesn't bother me since I purposely skipped this iterative POS in the first place. Start making creative games instead of figuring out how much more you can squeeze out of your customers.

dcelone53

Neo Member
so me and the 5 other people who bought it for the wii u get no online, no DLC and a broken game. atleast it was 50 bucks? *sarcasm

Courage

Thankfully I traded in the game soon enough to get a decent value back. The game was such a piece of shit. It was an offbrand ripoff of the other Arkham games.

dreamfall

Yipes.

How "minor" are the bugs really if they're affecting playthroughs for a number of users? Also, what is the DLC? Is it a single player substantial update?

I'm about 14 hours in on the PC version. Crashes were frequent when it launched but stability has improved a bit. I keep getting sidetracked with what feels like an endless amount of collectible hunting. But I've been enjoying it.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually shocked he posted that. Reads like a parody or a troll. Wow. No other words besides... wow....

Cabal

That's a pretty bad thing to admit, especially when you still have to audacity to make new content for more money. It's fucking shameful but it's the result of the season pass and guaranteed content. I hope more developers don't start this, but I think this will become the norm for AAA games.

How come Developers/Publishers aren't called out on this crap? They've released (and seemingly have shown awareness of) a faulty product. Yet they're doing nothing to fix it. If this was anything but a computer game they would be recalls and people screaming bloody murder. Perhaps.

"No plans to support our product that you gave us money for any further"

That's how this reads to me. Gamers have been conditioned to accept this sort of mediocrity/lazyness.

et tu? derrick?

in all seriousness, I hope people will remember this when the next batman game is shat out and the hype cycle is going on again

RaidenZR

This isn't a surprise. It's WB's entire MO. They don't give a shit about fixing huge technical issues that prevent you from fully enjoying the game and instead continue to push the DLC train... because... money.

Arkham Asylum had numerous game stopping bugs across all platforms (evidence was on their forums) that involved the auto-saving saving your checkpoints but not key scripted events (like a door unlocking). This halted your progress completely and prevented you from completing the game. I speak from experience, too.

Rocksteady knew about them but never could address them because... you guessed it: DLC was priority.

Feindflug

I'm actually shocked he posted that. Reads like a parody or a troll. Wow. No other words besides... wow....

Seriously wtf...and I was planning to get the game soon but with this kind of attitude there's no way I'm spending even 1 euro on this broken game.

Oh well my money will go towards a game and a developer that will have an attitude better than saying "fuck you! lol". :)

Glad I never bought this. It's a shame to see them stain this franchise after the two fantastic games Rocksteady delivered.

Basically, 90% of potential sales have now been or passed and those people have probably moved on. So they don't see the point in fixing a game for a small percentage of people who are still playing a few months later.

This not only a nasty attitude to their customers, but shows how much care they have it's online mode.

Basically, 90% of potential sales have now been or passed and those people have probably moved on. So they don't see the point in fixing a game for a small percentage of people who are still playing a few months later.

This not only a nasty attitude to their customers, but shows how much care they have it's online mode.

Not sure this I agree with that. People paid for a product and they expect it to work properly. There are games that don't have anywhere near the budget of Origins and still receive patching years later.

Feindflug

Glad I never bought this. It's a shame to see them stain this franchise after the two fantastic games Rocksteady delivered.

The funny thing is that they said this when the game came out:

Batman Arkham Origins dev faced "resistance and reluctance" at "every level"
The pressure of having to live up to Rocksteady's past work may have even helped the game, he added, and pushed WB Montreal to deliver a finished product worthy of the series.

"You don't want to be the guys who messed up and ran into the ground one of the absolute, top-rated franchises of all time. You don't want that at the top of your CV."

vg260

WB is terrible publisher in terms of post-release support. It's worth noting that (to my knowledge) the publisher has the say say over what the dev resources are used for. I think a l lot of the non-support comes from the top-down in not giving them the time/budget to the devs. I don't think the developers are necessarily at fault. For both MK and Injustice ports, they pretty much had High Voltage churn out the game and not allow them the resources for post-release patches.

Betaman strikes again.

The number of people fazing through walls in the PC version (including one hilarious instance where Deadshot got stuck in a wall yelling threats at me) is really sad.

Oni Jazar

What a damn shame. I just started playing through this game and it's a pretty awesome Batman game, but the are some nasty bugs. I think the dev team gets a bad rap though. I would fault the publisher not development.

Top Bottom