• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArmA 3 Announced

Sorry if I'm bringing up a question already answered but is the absurdly over powered AI being fixed?

I remember assaulting a base with 60 people online against NPCs we hid in the grass before our snipers could do their work they were all gunned down by AK-47s while in full cover and far distance.

In other words can the AI still see through grass and are they still insanely accurate even with inaccurate guns? I remember doing a missions where I was prone with a M16 and a scope and even had a height advantage within 5-10 seconds of engaging 3-4 troops that definitely couldn't see me I was dead.

Don't know if they have mentioned changes to AI. I'm sure a mod will come out that adjusts the AI, FWIW.

The graphics of ArmA 2 was insane at times.

I can't wait for this.

Oh, and the gameplay is unique too.

It was pretty inconsistent. But the lighting did a lot to make it right.

I wonder what kind of atmosphere we will be getting with the new maps. I personally loved the eatern european vibe.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can this game be seen in motion anywhere yet? I want to see the soldiering animations...

_woLf

As excited as I am for the game, I get the feeling the controls and UI will still be an absolute disaster like ArmA 2.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Thanks.

I was listening to one of the devs in an off-screen interview... I really love their philosophy and approach to infantry. And I'm perfectly willing to give them a little more time (another game or two) to figure out the animation. They've got a long way to go, but it's much improved over ARMAII so they're going in the right direction. Game has such a wide scope, too. Hard to be too critical, especially since no one else is willing to make the combat sim anymore.

He said, with regard to infantry animation, they're not trying to be Call of Duty, lol... but I think there's still some room for improvement without making it a dumb arcade game.

Hyped for this.

sunnz

They have renamed the island and released two new screenshots:

image_arma_3-21351-2292_0001.jpg

image_arma_3-21351-2292_0002.jpg

overall from those shots the graphics looks pretty awesome

BUT

I really hate how the grass/ ground foliage ( not trees, sometimes bushes) despawn so dam quickly, one of by BIGGEST problems with arma and other games like it. It just ruins the whole point of going prone in the field and stuff...

Having grass spawn over a much longer distance is literally my number 1 wish for arma.

Top Bottom