• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 5 releases in NA on March 20th

Kyoufu

will there be much of a single player mode (ie like Demon Souls) or is most of the game multiplayer?

ie - is this game worth it for a single player like me?

It has a single player campaign. It's worth it if you have any interest in some mech action.

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. also confirmed today that ARMORED CORE fans pre-ordering the title from GameStop® stores across North America, as well as GameStop.com, will gain exclusive access to the 'HEAVY ASSAULT PACK' while supplies last. The pack will include additional weapons and parts that will help give players a competitive advantage on day one in the innovative and sophisticated online multiplayer battles of ARMORED CORE V.
iCyBjoUQSOzq9.gif

Fuck you, Namco Bandai. From Software signed a deal with the devil.

I'm interested in this, but For Answer was such a disappointment for me I'll have to see some rave impressions.

Giard

That's a bad trailer. What little gameplay there is has a shit framerate. I hope they were just (badly) stylizing the footage and it's not reflective of the final game.
Yeah. I really hope the frame rate is improved in the final version. Multiplayer looks to be awesome this time around.

hteng

Banned
That's a bad trailer. What little gameplay there is has a shit framerate. I hope they were just (badly) stylizing the footage and it's not reflective of the final game.

uhh, bad framerates are pretty much there to stay (look at other from games), i'm not having high hopes when going into this.

uhh, bad framerates are pretty much there to stay (look at other from games), i'm not having high hopes when going into this.
From Answer had a fairly stable frame rate, and Demon's Souls was fine. Though I hear Dark Souls isn't too good.

Boogdud

Looking at recent closed beta footage the framerate was much better. Looked just as smooth as for answer or better to me. Just search for some beta footage, sorry, I'd post a link but I'm on a phone.

I agree the framerate on those previews is pure crap. Which had me scared because I'm a huge ac fan, going back to the first one on the Ps,including figures and models and about everything you can think of.

All of those fukken abbreviations man. Some of those games are a mystery to me.

Tales Of Graces F, Ninja Gaiden 3, Silent Hill HD and Silent Hill Downpour, Mass Effect 3, StreetFighter X Tekken, Resident Evil: Opperation Raccoon City, Dragons Dogma, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and Armored Core 5, all these games in March yo ..

Also just remembered Naruto UNSG is also coming out in March.

FUCK MY WALLET MOAR GAMEINDUSTRI

Aselith

I've had it preordered through Amazon for about two months now. I'll not switch unless the parts are exclusive. I don't care if some people have access to a few parts early. I will still roast them with my skills.

March 20th, bitches. It's going DOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWN.

iCyBjoUQSOzq9.gif

Fuck you, Namco Bandai. From Software signed a deal with the devil.

I'm interested in this, but For Answer was such a disappointment for me I'll have to see some rave impressions.

I though AC4 was dogshit but I love For Answer. It fixed majority of problems I had with the 4.

Aselith

Well, I'm not an Armored Core fan. For Answer was the first game I've played in the series since Silent Line: Armored Core.

I never played the PS2 ones so I can't even compare although I did recently pick up AC2 to try out. But yeah, if you're not into For Answer, definitely don't play AC4. It'll put you off the series for life.

I never played the PS2 ones so I can't even compare although I did recently pick up AC2 to try out. But yeah, if you're not into For Answer, definitely don't play AC4. It'll put you off the series for life.

AC2 series is much slower than AC1 series.

Apparently AC3 through Last Raven spruced things back up a bit.

It's best to just pass on AC2 altogether.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Will probably pick this up if impressions from japanese release/demo are good.

So sick of preorder DLC though. Thought I was safe from that playing mostly japanese games, but now it seems all of them are getting gamestop exclusive ones.

I buy games off amazon dammit.

ACESmkII

Spent a good hour with the demo. Graphically it wasn't that great mainly do to the low frame rate. Gameplay was pretty fun though. Will definitely buy.

Coxy

Seems great, customisation options are better than ever, story mode looks good and the team stuff is awesome

wwm0nkey

Yep day 1 on this game, combat is very nice and smooth and its not stupid (AC4) fast either. I can already see how the online system is going to work very much like ChromeHounds too.

March 20th needs to get here now

JoeFenix

This game is awesome, I could never get into AC4 but damn this is fun to play!

I love how small your mech is, wall jumping up skyscrapers is cool and that scan visor filter looks incredible. The look and feel of the game is spot on, pre-ordering this tommorow!

Teknoman

Cool, going to start the download now. How much of the JP demo is actually in Japanese? I wonder how the performance will be with NA people trying out the online mode...unless the servers are going to be world wide anyway.

wwm0nkey

I'm interested.

It has a VERY nice pace to the game. The maximum thrust in this is pretty much the minimum thrust in AC4 lol

Really do love how this game is playing though.

Cool, going to start the download now. How much of the JP demo is actually in Japanese? I wonder how the performance will be with NA people trying out the online mode...unless the servers are going to be world wide anyway.
All of it. Though it might depend if you are downloading via the 360 or PS3. 360 demos tend to turn English when played on an English system.

Ok that was well worth the hassle of setting up a japanese psn account and navigating through the game's menus. The gameplay and controls are excellent. I hope I have some spare cash in March!

wwm0nkey

For anyone that is downloading this via 360. See if the game goes into English when played on an NA or EU account. Also if it does go into an English mode get get a flash drive and extract the demo onto your PC and upload that :p

Xater

The game is fun but the frame rate on PS3 is terrible. It slows down a lot! Is anyone able to try out the 360 version and can say if it is better there? Personally I find the frame rate so bad that it might be a deal breaker... :(

wwm0nkey

The game is fun but the frame rate on PS3 is terrible. It slows down a lot! Is anyone able to try out the 360 version and can say if it is better there? Personally I find the frame rate so bad that it might be a deal breaker... :(

Yeah I am not getting that at all on the PS3 version. That or I somehow can not notice at all.

Top Bottom