• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core: Nine Break and AC: psp details

neptunes

AC: NINE BREAKER

acnb05.jpg

acnb07.jpg

acnb08.jpg

acnb09.jpg

acnb11.jpg

acnb04.jpg

courtesy of watch impress Watch Impress

Armored Core: Formula Front PSP AND ps2 (I thought sony was agains ports ;))

At 30% completion, Armored Core: Formula Front is well on its way to becoming one of the hottest PSP titles in Japan later this year.

Armored Core will continue in the mech battle genre of it predecessors, but will take on new features not seen in previous versions. Similar to its previous installments, the user will be able to equip a multitude of mech parts to their mech before going into battle against other mechs. Unlike previous versions, the battles will be controlled by advanced artificial intelligence (AI) instead of manual battle commands. The user will input commands to the system which will be carried out by the AI, making the game much more strategic than before.

The PS2 and PSP versions of the games will only differ slightly. Certain icons may appear bigger on the PSP to aid viewing on a smaller screen. Most other aspects of the game, including graphics, will be very similar if not the same. Armored Core: Formula Front is expected to be released later this year in Japan and around launch in the US.
IGN Article

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Last week's Famitsu had some side by side comparison shots of the PS2 and PSP versions. They were very close. Some things looked slightly different, and the colors were a little different between the two, but for the most part they looked nearly the same.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you don't directly control your mech in the psp version? that sounds, uh...lame.

i was a big fan of armored core on psx, but there have been about a million ps2 installments, and they seem pretty stagnant. i'll catch up with the series when from discovers analog control.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
drohne said:
i'll catch up with the series when from discovers analog control.
Then Armored Core Nexus is your game buddy. Dual-Analog controls like SOCOM II and other FPS games on the PS2.

nataku

Where is my online AC game? :(

I thought there was gonna be one but last I heard it never came stateside.

Oh yeah, the whole AI thing shoulds like that old PSX game, Carnage Heart.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
The AC up front in the last shot looks a bit like a Policenauts mecha =). If ÍGN is right about Formula Front's concept of 'AI-controlled AC' then it's gonna be an entirely different game. And Nine Breakers seems to be 'just' a hardcore add-on for Nexus, focussing on arena gameplay. Early conclusion: Nexus for now and looking forward to the next AC project :).

Top Bottom