• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Impressions

JoeM86

I wasn't that bothered when I saw it in the Switch presentation, but once I got my hands on it I was really impressed. It works so well. It's a day 1 game for me

I love the visual style, it looks so colourful and oozes "fun"!

I look forward to a Direct or something to show what modes and content the game has to offer.

It being supposedly made by the Mario Kart team fills me with confidence.

Whoops. My bad. I just checked and was confusing it with 1 2 Switch. Yeah it's a full priced game.

Ah, good deal.

Still, we'll have to wait and see just how much content we get. Personally, I think it'll be a Splatoon situation; somewhat limited features on launch, but boatloads of content will be added. I think we'll get a 10 character roster minimum, with more stages, more gloves, a decent amount of single player content(an "arcade" style mode, and training mode), and local/online multiplayer.

LowSignal

ARMS is launching at $60. The poster you quoted is incorrect.

Game looks awesome. Glad it's coming near launch.

This makes Wii sports seem like a steal considering the amount of games and the quality for a pack in title. I'll have to see if this has legs to make a real judgment but it doesn't look good.

drotahorror

Certainly looks fun.

I wonder if a controller user will have an advantage over someone using just the joycons with motion control?

watershed

Banned
Arms is looking great. I hope they continue to give updates on the game leading up to launch like Nintendo did with Splatoon. The first E3 demo of Splatoon was super limited but they added to what we knew about the game bit by bit to show the depth of the game. Right now Arms looks super limited but I hope that slowly changes with new info.

18-Volt

I still need to see traditional portable mode controls for this one to get excited. I'm not planning to use Swtich at TV mode AT ALL.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This makes Wii sports seem like a steal considering the amount of games and the quality for a pack in title. I'll have to see if this has legs to make a real judgment but it doesn't look good.
Wii Sports was a steal whatever way you look at it. It was a game that would have set the world on fire pack in or not imo. It's actually quite underappreciated. It was very well made. Even if the motion controls in Wii boxing were so damn inconsistent...

Branduil

Bowling, Tennis, and Golf were fantastic games in their own right and them being included with every Wii is huge part of it selling so well. Boxing and Baseball were not very good but it didn't really matter because the other 3 were so fun.

mM5Jw.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
didn't know I would like this after the presentation, but boy does it look fun (and great graphics too). It's gotta have tons of features and unlockables though

Thats like saying Nintendo Land is better than Zelda (whatever game in the series) becuase it had a Zelda adventure mode, and then a bunch of other games, while Zelda had only Zelda.

You know that this game will have more characters, single player, multiplayer, online etc... If you want to compare its value with something compare it any other fighter on the market.

MysteryM

The sceptic in me sees the long arms as a way of covering up any latency by increasing the time to hit a target. Will be interesting to see how the reviews pan out on this one.

Jintor

it's frustrating being in wait and see mode, but the current trajectory reminds me of splatoon (though with worse initial reaction in the reveal thread because of 4chan leaks and general motion negativity)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yup I'm sold. Artstyle looks amazing and the gameplay seems to be there. Wonder if it'll have a well-made single player campaign too.

taoofjord

I love everything that's been shown on this but I need it to be relatively deep to keep my attention. I'm also hoping it won't be shipped without single player and alternate modes. I get the feeling the game will be rushed out and these aspects will suffer.

laxu

It looks fun and has an excellent art style. I really hope it is a great game and also has a single player mode.

jts

...hate me...
What worries me about this game is that it costs an extra pair of Joy-Cons, LOL.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Fantastic artstyle and ideas but to me it all goes down to: how many arenas and characters and game modes will be there.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm so glad that this type of motion control is still alive. A lot of the concepts from Wii Sports/Resort deserve to be worked up into full games.

Puruzi

Banned
I watched a video where Nairo and some other youtubers got a chance to play it and the Nintendo rep there started talking about active frames. They were stunned, it was pretty hilarious.

jts

...hate me...
I'm so glad that this type of motion control is still alive. A lot of the concepts from Wii Sports/Resort deserve to be worked up into full games.
Yep, I'm just giddy with joy. That was a very disappointing side to the Wii U. I remember learning that the Wii Remote wasn't gonna be packed in the box and being so disappointed in what that was going to represent for motion games.

Waggle is now back and it's glorious.

TheMoon

What's the longevity of a game like this? I know fans are trying to glean everything they can from the rather poor launch line-up, but am I missing something? As this looks like something that would come packed-in w the system. Is it $60? I pre-ordered the Switch and only have Zelda / Xenoblade on my radar. I'll check out more videos.

Street Fighter V should've been packed in with PS4s then? What's the longevity of that? :)

This is a fighting game. You know how they work.

On my radar. Will follow this game. I hope we get a joy con bundle.

I was hoping the Wiiu pro controller would work on switch but i guesd it is fine, complete start from the Big N

Top Bottom