• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

JJShadow

So what's the quickest way to unlock arms? Do I have to do that mini game with my points to unlock them, is that the only way? How do I unlock the other characters? Literally have only played couch PvP with family since the game came out. Have a lots of points but haven't unlocked anything.

Do the long Arms Getter minigame (the one that costs 200 coins if possible, you get more arms for the price), that's the only way to unlock them. There are no more characters besides the initial ten, but Max Brass is coming next month as free DLC though

How do I change skins/colors? :)

Press left stick and while pressing, choose one direction in character selection, then confirm with A

Chauzu

I have not ran into Hedlok yet.

What am I doing wrong?

Need to play Grand Prix on at least level 4.

I'm maining Ninjara as it stands btw, not expected at all and the char I cared the least about at release. But you can't help what you feel comfortable with.

Tsunamo

I honestly dispise the singleplayer AI but Ranked mode is so so fun. It's such a rush sussing out peoples patterns, strategys, punishing them for putting arms out too early, predicting how they'll react. Even though the level scaling is a bit weird (I kept on getting level 1/2 people when I was level 5) I love that everyone seems to be on a similar level in terms of skills and it makes for such fun battles.

Durden77

It's a bummer when you're in a lobby with a guest it matches you up to where you both can't place so much. It's stupid that I'm playing 2v2 with an online teamate so much when my friend is just sitting beside me waiting.

Pastry

Banned
I love the Switch, booked myself a small conference room during my lunch break and worked on beating GP4 with all of the characters. Trying to actively work at staying on the ground instead of jumping and dashing.

Glix

I honestly dispise the singleplayer AI but Ranked mode is so so fun. It's such a rush sussing out peoples patterns, strategys, punishing them for putting arms out too early, predicting how they'll react. Even though the level scaling is a bit weird (I kept on getting level 1/2 people when I was level 5) I love that everyone seems to be on a similar level in terms of skills and it makes for such fun battles.

Yeah I did a bunch of ranked yesterday (I'm rank 5 now) and the fights are hype as hell.

Hylian7

Is there any punishment for leavers in ranked? I was against a guy yesterday and was destroying him, and then the match "lost connection". I'm 90% sure he disconnected.

The more I play this game the more I'm enjoying it, it's seriously so good.

That being said, 1v1v1 can be extremely frustrating when the two people decide for no reason to just team up on you and won't hit each other. This new guy joined the lobby I was in and basically teamed up on me with the other person so I was first one out but felt that I was playing better than both. Immediately after that we got matched 1v1 and I ended up straight dominating him it was relentless. Felt good.

Lucent

That being said, 1v1v1 can be extremely frustrating when the two people decide for no reason to just team up on you and won't hit each other. This new guy joined the lobby I was in and basically teamed up on me with the other person so I was first one out but felt that I was playing better than both. Immediately after that we got matched 1v1 and I ended up straight dominating him it was relentless. Felt good.

Lol.I have a somewhat similar story from the test punch. I was in a 2v2 and my partner wasn't doing well and we lost. Immediately after they threw me and my partner in a 1v1. I took revenge on his/her arse. I actually got a perfect. Lol. Every time he/she was in a match with me afterward he/she got dominated.

There's really no reason to attack your "teammate" in that situation.

The goal of 1v1v1 is essentially to communicate to another player that you want to fight the other guy lol

Chauzu

Sadly it doesn't seem like there is.

The core of ARMS is amazing and I see myself playing it for a long time to come, but there are a ton of little things they could do to improve the overall experience.

I have high expectations for future DLC, just afraid some stuff won't be coming until August at earliest.

thedan001

Feeling very confident with Minmin now

Double ram-rams is actually effective for most types because you can punch towards or arc them, which throws off people

Anyone know a counter arm for ramrams?

Who here tried a sparky for Min's left hand? Worth it?

DKL

Anyone know a counter arm for ramrams?

Who here tried a sparky for Min's left hand? Worth it?

I'd like to know as well. This loadout has been showing up a lot in rank too, so I've been wondering how to deal with it.

Even if you advance guard, the character that threw out the disc still has enough mobility to get out of the punish attempt.

(the thing that seems to work is advance guard and then input a dash guess)

EDIT:

Conversely, I don't know why it whiffs when it does lol

Moondrop

Banned
I'm maining Ninjara as it stands btw, not expected at all and the char I cared the least about at release. But you can't help what you feel comfortable with.
Seconded, I want to pick a main that feels right and not force a character because my ego demands it. For me it's Twintelle; her mix-up game is so clear. But like others I wonder if she's just that good/I'm not so good. My second best, also surprising, is Barq/Byte; I do alright using Barq for mix-ups.

thedan001

Just realized there's no amino support for the game. How odd.

Incoming?

If ARMS takes off well, just like Splatoon did... I don't see why not

Splatoon did have amiibo support at launch... did Nintendo want to test the IP first or they trying to get out of the Amiibo market?

RockmanBN

Incoming?

Splatoon did have amiibo support at launch... did Nintendo want to test the IP first or they trying to get out of the Amiibo market?
I just remember that Splatoon had it on launch. Would have loved to have a Springman.

flozuki

Incoming?

Haven't they just announced new amiibos for Mario and the Rabbid RPG?

Thank you. Much worse than Helix. Everything involving having to aim at more than one character is the worst in this game

Ugh they're terrible.

byte and barq are a nuisance for sure. It feels like you're constantly juggling two guys even though it's only one.

Right... he interupted me during my ult and i lost that game, and when there are objects it makes it useless to hide behind them lmao

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't they just announced new amiibos for Mario and the Rabbid RPG?

And 4 more Zelda ones and two Metroid.

They just opted not to bother with Amiibo for Arms yet--be it uncertainty of how popular it would be, or not having any game usage for them planned out yet etc.

thedan001

And 4 more Zelda ones and two Metroid.

They just opted not to bother with Amiibo for Arms yet--be it uncertainty of how popular it would be, or not having any game usage for them planned out yet etc.

Missed opportunity, be nice to scan an amiibo and get random # of coins or even a free arm occasionally on lucky scans ala BOTW special items.

Before anyone flames me, no exclusive arms in amiibos!!!

Zedark

1v1v1 is bullshit. There's no way to keep track of both opponents, so you can't apply any tactic successfully except for the waiting game.

Missed opportunity, be nice to scan an amiibo and get random # of coins or even a free arm occasionally on lucky scans ala BOTW special items.

Before anyone flames me, no exclusive arms in amiibos!!!

Twintelle will most definitly get an amiibo her popularity is just too good.

thedan001

Amiibo would probably break the eco-system of getting Arms

Not sure I follow...

it's a sloggy grind to unlock every arm and twice over for the + PLUS version

it's a good business strategy to sell amiibos to help players unlock even faster without breaking the game imo

DKL

Not sure I follow...

it's a sloggy grind to unlock every arm and twice over for the + PLUS version

it's a good business strategy to sell amiibos to help players unlock even faster without breaking the game imo

Alex Valle suggested $20 for unlock DLC.

I don't care what it costs, just give it to me lol

Will0827

During the first play through set the difficulty to 4 and lost more times that i care to count after finally beating the game with spring man, decided to continue on the hardest difficulty which results in even more losing the intensity of the game and when i do finally win is pretty great.

tomhan

Just finished Grand Prix Level 4 with Ninjara and it was significantly harder than I thought it would be to unlock ranked mode.

With the number of people on here that said it was pretty easy I do not like my chances in ranked mode. Especially with a bunch of people saying they have beaten Level 7, you must be savage at this game.

Top Bottom