• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

SalvaPot

What happens when Nintendo lets their Mario Kart team stretch a little bit and reach for new ideas? Well, you get ARMS!

And of course the fandom has started to really let the fan art flow, specially after Min Min appeared in the last Direct and quickly positioned herself as the flavor of the month.

Since it has one of those hip "one word" brand names, if you search for arms you'll mostly get, well, the body parts, so it just makes sense to dedicate a space for us to share and follow. Here it comes!

ribbon_girl___arms_nintendo_switch_by_logancure-davyzso.jpg

Source

20170113___spring_man___arms_by_nekoiichi-davb72l.png

Source

ninjara_by_littlesocket-daykt7c.png

Source

tumblr_ojtm2teiDv1uebor9o1_500.png

Source.

tumblr_ooc18uDDV01va6yqqo1_540.png

tumblr_ojqyq5L7QB1rfoa6ko1_540.png

And of course, crossovers!

tumblr_ol551jcqir1ro76bwo1_540.jpg

tumblr_oo23y9Aul81rqodkbo1_540.png

tumblr_okopajZSlv1tdfgofo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ojuj8yJ2ke1v1wpp0o1_540.jpg

There is more where that came from! Share your favorites x).

are body parts that stretch into ribbons etc a known phobia?
my brain cant interpret ribbon girls nose in that pic to be anything other than a finger D:

Can the next fan art thread not have this style of title, I remember it from the Overwatch thread and a couple of others. English is a multifaceted language and there's many ways to say the same thing differently other than "game X is developing fan art following"...

That being said the fanart looks cool and I'm nit picky. Should be a cool thing to go back too

I showed off the announcement trailer to someone a couple of months back, and they said it reminded them of Coil-Man from this old cartoon called The Impossibles. Specifically, they said the game is like that character is fighting himself.

That's what got me to have this crossover piece commissioned.
KvOBpWv.png

http://shonuff44.deviantart.com/

Eliseo

FE, smash bros, splatoon, tokyo mirage and now ARMS and Nintendo still resuses to make a freaking anime/cartoon show sigh.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can the next fan art thread not have this style of title, I remember it from the Overwatch thread and a couple of others. English is a multifaceted language and there's many ways to say the same thing differently other than "game X is developing fan art following"...

That being said the fanart looks cool and I'm nit picky. Should be a cool thing to go back too

The memes, Jack!

Do the fighters in ARMS have to have their arms amputated to compete, or are they just naturally born without them?

Is ARMS cyperpunk?

Not

Banned
Don't think I'll be able to handle the ones that turn other characters arms into springs

Unnerving for some reason

Yea arms comprised of noodles is definitely creepy to the point of not sure if I could play this game, and this is from someone who really likes Sylveons design. Unless theyre cyborgs or something.

Don't think I'll be able to handle the ones that turn other characters arms into springs

Unnerving for some reason

yep, its like ghost in the shell with peoples faces opening up. Or Parasyte (anime/manga)

Cerium

Oh hey these are pretty cool! But isn't this still 3D but with some touching up in Photoshop? I have this weird feeling that this wasn't really "drawn" (i love the effect though)
Nah it's definitely drawn. Almost resembles the BOTW ink brush art in a way.

Monolith does a lot of art for other Nintendo studios, I wonder if they had a hand in this too.

RedBoot

Do the fighters in ARMS have to have their arms amputated to compete, or are they just naturally born without them?

Is ARMS cyperpunk?

This is gonna be even more prevalent than the Starfox Leg Amputee thing.

That's how it is in my head though. The question is, are they amputees getting a new lease on life? People who have volunteered to be modified for sport? Cyborgs manufactured by corporations? I need a 13 episode animated series to explore this.

Top Bottom