• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aron Eisenberg, Nog of Star Trek Deep Space 9, has Passed Away

rykomatsu

Obituary

Details are still scant, but apparently was admitted to a hospital in critical condition.

Fantastic portrayal of a character in DS9 that underwent a major change and redemption, and will be tremendously missed :(

Was hoping he would make a cameo appearance, at least, in ST Picard...particularly since Picard was about redemption and second chances...

Ovek

7Member7
Sad news he was one of my favourite character portrayals in Star Trek.

I was also hoping he would have turned up in Picard as a captain.

😔

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Aw man... condolences to the family. DS9 has so far been my favorite Star Trek series and Nog was one of my favorite characters, brilliant actor.

MayauMiao

Sad. His potrayal of Nog was one of my favorite with a pretty good arch too. The character went from being a nobody to a (possible future, maybe the first Ferengi) captain of The Federation starship.

He will be missed.

Even though it was an alternate future episode where Jake was trying to pull his dad out of Subspace, we got to see Commander Nog and Captain Nog. By series end, he was Lt Nog...but he will forever be Captain Nog. Rest in peace Sir Eisenberg.

MetalAlien

Banned
Poor guy never looked healthy. He will be missed.

edit: Wikipedia says something about his kidneys.

Last edited:

Xenon

RIP. While I only know his work from DS9, the thing that made those shows so great were the personalities behind the characters. I didn't care for Nog at first but grew to like on repeat viewings. There was growth in his character and he went from a fool to a respectable member of Star Fleet.

50 is too young. Sad news indeed.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I always wanted to see him again as Nog on a subsequent TNG era show or one of the movies. He was a good character and went from trying to be like Quark to eventually being an actualized version of his dad Rom. Too young to go.

Paltheos

I always wanted to see him again as Nog on a subsequent TNG era show or one of the movies. He was a good character and went from trying to be like Quark to eventually being an actualized version of his dad Rom. Too young to go.

Rom finds his place in life. The show hammers you over the head with this by giving him a hot wife in the middle of the show's run.

What sets Nog apart is that he's more self-conscious of where he is in his life.

Maybe you mean that Rom could have done more with his life if he'd tried being an engineer first instead of following in his brother's footsteps for so many years? Nog definitely says this outright but I don't think that's true. Rom would be a pretty shit officer, and he lucked into meeting a great woman and having superiors who appreciate him doing all the crap work around the station.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Rom finds his place in life. The show hammers you over the head with this by giving him a hot wife in the middle of the show's run.

What sets Nog apart is that he's more self-conscious of where he is in his life.

Maybe you mean that Rom could have done more with his life if he'd tried being an engineer first instead of following in his brother's footsteps for so many years? Nog definitely says this outright but I don't think that's true. Rom would be a pretty shit officer, and he lucked into meeting a great woman and having superiors who appreciate him doing all the crap work around the station.

Yes, Rom could have been an engineer. That's what I'm saying. And Nog is basically one but a bridge officer on top of that.

Top Bottom