• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW |OT| Green Arrow TV series on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachikarn

I tried watching tonight, but for some reason the audio was all messed up. I could hear background music but no dialogue. Guess I'll check it on the CW website later.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pretty good episode. The event in the last scene came a lot sooner than i thought it would. Good to know they aren't dragging certain things out needlessly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wish Deadshot were more costumed, but I guess that's just a concession I'm gonna have to live with since DC/WB is so ashamed of the fact that this is a comic book adaptation.

Penguin

Pretty good episode. The event in the last scene came a lot sooner than i thought it would. Good to know they aren't dragging certain things out needlessly.

I was shocked they kind of moved two storylines forward so quickly.

Figured have it underneath for a bit

Good on them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I tried watching tonight, but for some reason the audio was all messed up. I could hear background music but no dialogue. Guess I'll check it on the CW website later.
Just got home and watching my DVR of it and the same thing is happening to me. I thought it was just a style choice for the beginning (which actually kinda worked), but as soon as Ollie started talking to his body guard and I heard nothing, I knew something was up. Gonna have to watch it online tomorrow I guess.

Wiktor

Another fun like hell episode...and wow...they're moving stuff forward pretty damn quick plot-wise. Hopefully this will keep up. One of the best things about Vampire Diaries and Nikita.

jb1234

Yeah, the show's pacing definitely reminds me of the Vampire Diaries. Unfortunately, it also shares some of that show's turgid relationship drama. I nearly fell asleep during the Laurel/Tommy scene. Does anyone actually care about those two?

Recon

Banned
Yeah, the show's pacing definitely reminds me of the Vampire Diaries. Unfortunately, it also shares some of that show's turgid relationship drama. I nearly fell asleep during the Laurel/Tommy scene. Does anyone actually care about those two?

I dont, but its such a small amount of screen time, I dont mind it.

Wiktor

I enjoyed the complete lack of reaction Oliver had the the news :)

jb1234

It's definitely started the best out of all the CW shows I've seen. This episode was the first one where I lost interest in places but the first two were slamdunk entertainment.

Patryn

I can't wait to watch Arrow tonight (DVR FTW)

Also is this show going to be a lead into a possible Green Arrow movie?

No.

If there's a Green Arrow movie, it would have nothing to do with this show and everything to do with how well the Justice League movie does.

Patryn

Seriously, how was he supposed to react? Recall that when he was lost at sea he was cheating on her with her sister. If he had been angry, he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.

Didn't he already know? (From the first episode?)

I've watched all three episodes thus far and I think this is my favorite new show of the season. I'm enjoying the action, it has some good mystery and there isn't much wasted time so far. Really interested in seeing where they take this.

Chairhome

I just started watching the show this week, but I like it. A lot more than I expected to. The only thing I don't like is how they forced all the characters to be in the same circle of friends. His arch nemesis and future wife have to know him at the beginning of his story? Just like Smallville (except they had the decency to introduce Lois later in the series).

Every Merlyn scene, I'm trying to guess when his turning point is going to be and what will trigger it. He's already saying he's going to be a better man, one that she deserves, so I figure she'll get with Ollie, he'll get jealous and start training to be his nemesis.

Remmy2112

Solid episode. Deadshot was handled well and his wrist cannons were great.
He better not be dead.

Considering Ollie didn't have time to do more than a cursory look at the body because of Dig being shot I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that Deadshot survived.

RangersFan

I am really liking this show. Wish it had a bigger budget though. Nice to see manny pacquiao was his mentor on the island :p and no way did they
kill off deadshot already, did they?

hamchan

Why are you guys spoiler tagging when the episode has already aired?

Anyways it was a good episode. The pacing in this show is nice and fast, I like it.

I can't find anyone in this show to really care about. I kinda like Digs, but everyone else is so lifeless and dull. The mother-daughter bonding scene and the whole Laurel with Ollie's best friend stuff was boring as it gets.

I love the island shit though, and whenever he is actually in costume.

hamchan

Maybe not everyone has seen it?

That's not the way it works though. If you haven't seen it after it first airs then you should stay out of the thread until you have. Once it airs all discussion about it shouldn't be spoiler tagged.

Only future, unaired ep spoilers should be tagged, that way people can actually tell that it's an actual spoiler.

I really liked this episode. I guess Dig's finally Ollie's Alfred-to-be. The love triangle was blah, but I like the awkward tech girl. The whole "Shakespearean" drama conversation was hilarious with Ollie just staring.

Also, Ollie's Ra's/Obi-Wan Archer guy is awesome. He keeps talking to Ollie in a language he doesn't understand even though the dude clearly understands English.

Deadshot's obviously alive... but I can see him getting blinded after that shot to the face.

How's that different from how he normally behaves? :p

Oliver's a totally dead inside sociopath, hahahaha.

Another hilarious io9 recap:

http://io9.com/5954758/arrow-shoots-deadshot-fans-through-the-heart

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It really bothers me more than it should that he kills people.

It just makes it less interesting, it's also a lot more impressive to dispatch someone with something non-lethal than it is to just nail them in the heart.

Plus how are they gonna introduce any other hero when hes just indiscriminately killing henchmen.

Yeah it fucking ruins it.

Grr! He didn't give the dude 24 hours before he killed him, guess I have to take the law into my own hands again!

It really bothers me more than it should that he kills people.

It just makes it less interesting, it's also a lot more impressive to dispatch someone with something non-lethal than it is to just nail them in the heart.

Plus how are they gonna introduce any other hero when hes just indiscriminately killing henchmen.

Yeah it fucking ruins it.

Grr! He didn't give the dude 24 hours before he killed him, guess I have to take the law into my own hands again!

The fact that he's willing to kill is awesome. I hate the heroic hand wringing when it comes to violence.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Enjoying this show way more than I expected to. Was worried they'd have Oliver be just like his smallville character, which was completely awful. It's still got its corny moments but they are pulling this off far better than I thought they would.

wildfire

Banned
nerd IT girl is hot, who is she?

Emily Bett
MV5BMTYyNjE2Nzc3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgyNTk4Ng@@._V1._SX533_SY800_.jpg

You're welcome

Effect

Shows been pretty good so far. Enjoyed the latest episode. Question do they have the rights to the name Green Arrow? I understand why they named the show just Arrow but curious if they'll ever say the actual name in the show itself. They barely say the name Arrow but granted it is just the third episode.

Reiko

Banned
Shows been pretty good so far. Enjoyed the latest episode. Question do they have the rights to the name Green Arrow? I understand why they named the show just Arrow but curious if they'll ever say the actual name in the show itself. They barely say the name Arrow but granted it is just the third episode.

While it says ARROW the show literally tells you it's Green Arrow... Since the arrow is green. lol

Okay episode 3

When Deadshot start bustin caps in random people at the auction. The woman in the flower blouse pouring herself a drink just stands there, fast forward to a few minutes later, people are all down on the ground, some have run away...this chick is still pouring herself a drink and gets clipped in the back LMAO

Okay episode 3

When Deadshot start bustin caps in random people at the auction. The woman in the flower blouse pouring herself a drink just stands there, fast forward to a few minutes later, people are all down on the ground, some have run away...this chick is still pouring herself a drink and gets clipped in the back LMAO

It was part of the earlier scene. I believe you can even see the woman earlier when he shoots for the first time. Guess they only filmed 3 people getting shot and needed to space them out more. But yeah, I laughed. She's obviously an alcoholic if all these people are running around and getting shot yet she needs to get her drink on.

Replicant

Just saw episode 2, yeah, I need to catch up but:

The Detective (Laurel's dad) is so bloody annoying. Either get him to Oliver's side or get rid of him permanently. All he does throughout the episode is whining about how the masked man is a menace like he has a stick up his ass.

Also, Oliver needs better mask. The hood is not enough to cover his face.

The Detective (Laurel's dad) is so bloody annoying. Either get him to Oliver's side or get rid of him permanently. All he does throughout the episode is whining about how the masked man is a menace like he has a stick up his ass.

It's a shame because I quite enjoyed the actor's work in The Dresden Files.

Just saw episode 2, yeah, I need to catch up but:

Also, Oliver needs better mask. The hood is not enough to cover his face.

I think he's a good actor (outside of this show), but they need to get him to dial it back and give him better writing. He's kinda like Crazy Al Pacino in a way.

tumblr_m69c2mSG2V1rsw5seo1_500.gif

Blackthorne needs to dial it back and they need to give him better lines. And like you said, they should get him on Oliver's side. This will-they-won't-they thing is gonna get old fast. Just make him Gordon already.

And get him better clothes.

tumblr_mcfi28cBtw1r3eyr4o1_500.jpg

They also need to show more of how Starling City is such a shithole. It just looks like Vancouver... which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom