• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Great OT. I'll take Dolph over Felicity any day of the week. Hell, even Corpse Canary.

Zw0Oo1K.jpg

h0GyWrz.png

Tl9KoOY.jpg

eKHuQjo.png
Ban this filth.

I honestly haven't decided if I'm done with this show or not.

Although the fact that I haven't decided probably means I'm going to watch the train wreck anyway.

I'll give it a shot at first, at least get an idea for the crossovers. I dropped it and Agents of Shield in the back half of their last seasons after how far the quality dropped. I'm hoping there's a good recap.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hell no. Gorgeous she maybe, she was incredibly tiresome and annoying. In fact, she brought down the appeal of the show. So no, no support.

Your posts so far in the thread have given me the suspicion that you may think Felicity isn't on the show anymore.

She is still on the show. She is still a main character.

Use this information as you will.

KonradLaw

I liked first and last thirds of previous seasons. Don't fuck up the middle this time and I will be happy.

And bring back Constantine! For Christ's sake!

ZeroX03

Banned
Guys who is this blonde girl you keep posting photos of in my thread? Who is Felicity? This seems like off topic meme posting and I'm not sure why it isn't being shut down.

Kaizer

Banned
Couldn't work up the muster to watch like the 2 or 3 episodes of last season, I was really disappointed with the direction the story & characters headed in. That being said, I'm totally down & game to give the new season a chance to see if things will improve at all. They've gotta cut back on the Olicity drama though, please - PLEASE!

KonradLaw

Couldn't work up the muster to watch like the 2 or 3 episodes of last season, I was really disappointed with the direction the story & characters headed in. That being said, I'm totally down & game to give the new season a chance to see if things will improve at all. They've gotta cut back on the Olicity drama though, please - PLEASE!

Aside from dissapoiting final batle the last 3 eps were actually pretty damn good. Anarky finally became awesome. We got some great action scenes and at one moment the writers have shown balls they didn't display since S1's finale.

Joni

We haven't seen him in costume yet so expect disappointment

If it is anything less than Manu showing up in the crossover, then becoming the fifth ranger for the Legion of Doom on Legends of Tomorrow in its back 9 that get announced at that moment; I'll already be disappointed. So come the 100th episode, I'll be away crying somewhere when it turns out it is a five second flashback.

Magwik

Banned
Why would we when the only good thing about season 2 will be moved to it's own show? ;)
Daredevil S1 is superb
The first 5 episodes of S2 follow that trend.
Everything that follows is a mess.
It's still consistently better than any CW show has been all around though. But that is almost entirely due to the shorter episode orders and such.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Arrow needs to go back to the good days of incestuous tension among Ollie/Thea/Tommy. It added a certain nuance to the show.

KonradLaw

Daredevil S1 is superb
It's still consistently better than any CW show has been all around though. But that is almost entirely due to the shorter episode orders and such.

Even S1 of Daredevil has fallen apart in last third of episodes.
I'm enjoying superhero shows, but all of them so far had some big problems in every season.

I'm hoping Legion will finally be the show to deliver all out amazing show for the genre

In for season 5, really hope the show becomes good again season 4 was doing so well until the felicity drama and cheesey break up where she walked out after just starting to walk again. Can flashpoint just erase everything since s2?

Magwik

Banned
Even S1 of Daredevil has fallen apart in last third of episodes.
I'm enjoying superhero shows, but all of them so far had some big problems in every season.

I'm hoping Legion will finally be the show to deliver all out amazing show for the genre
It's kind of ironic that Constantine may be the best all around comic based show when it comes to pacing, visuals, acting, and plot.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Daredevil S1 is superb

I concur. I absolutely adore Daredevil, but each season is half as long as Arrow and they still manage to fall apart midway through and limp to the finale. Those opening arcs are amazing but when it slows down you really feel it. Plus, Daredevil's ninja mumbo jumbo isn't really any better than Arrow's ninja mumbo jumbo.

I'm in for Season 5. S4 was an improvement, especially during the final push to the finale. They didn't stick the landing but I was really digging what they were doing up until that last episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
How did this turn into a vs. Daredevil thread already.

Can we just get the DCEU/Zack Snyder arguments out of the way too if we're going all in? Supergirl thread gonna get crushed with them.

GeeTeeCee

Can we just get the DCEU/Zack Snyder arguments out of the way too if we're going all in? Supergirl thread gonna get crushed with them.

This is what happens when you try and remove Felicity from the OP.

Without its prime enemy, the OT discussion must move on to the next best battleground: comic book wars. It is the natural state of things.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

There are DCEU arguments? I thought after Suicide Squad we all agreed...nevermind lol

Joni

Daredevil fans can't accept that the real dark Batman is better than the fake dark Batman so they bother us.

KonradLaw

No matter what CWverse still beats the living hell out of DCEU at the moment. Oliver killing s make inifinitely more sense than Battfleck's one, as does is inner turmoil. CW's Flash doesn't look like a damn power ranger and Supergirl is better superman than anything Snyder has shown so far.
Oh..and Arrow's Katana, Amanda Waller and Captain Boomerang > Suicide Squad's versions (loved SS's Boomerang, but he barely did anything).

:)

Daredevil fans can't accept that the real dark Batman is better than the fake dark Batman so they bother us.

What?

People just think that Daredevil does Street Level hero better than Arrow, and it does. That's not even to knock Arrow because it hasn't been street level since Late Season 1

Joni

What?

People just think that Daredevil does Street Level hero better than Arrow, and it does. That's not even to knock Arrow because it hasn't been street level since Late Season 1

Daredevil doesn't do street level. He hasn't stopped a single random crime. That is the advantage of the Arrow filler: he still gets shown taking down random baddies. Daredevil is like a stretched out The Dark Knight trilogy. He stops three major plots and we have to imagine that it was enough to improve the city. Everything Daredevil does leads to the Kingpin plot.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Daredevil doesn't do street level. He hasn't stopped a single random crime. That is the advantage of the Arrow filler: he still gets shown taking down random baddies. Daredevil is like a stretched out The Dark Knight trilogy. He stops three major plots and we have to imagine that it was enough to improve the city. Everything Daredevil does leads to the Kingpin plot.

Season 2 literally opens with him taking down muggers. He then tells Foggy about a woman who was about to be killed by her ex husband if not for his intervention.
And the finale is about The Hand rounding up the random people he's saved over the months.

Joni

Season 2 literally opens with him taking down muggers. He then tells Foggy about a woman who was about to be killed by her ex husband if not for his intervention.
And the finale is about The Hand rounding up the random people he's saved over the months.

Okay, I'm wrong, they have shown him stopping one single random crime. But this is a television show, not an audio play. Things they only tell, haven't happened. Daredevil is like a superhero movie. This guy is supposed to be an everyday hero, but just like Batman and Spider-Man we never get to see him on a random day. Supergirl stops random criminals between work days, movie Superman shows up from time to time when there is an alien.

V_Arnold

Okay, I'm wrong, they have shown him stopping one single random crime. But this is a television show, not an audio play. Things they only tell, haven't happened. Daredevil is like a superhero movie. This guy is supposed to be an everyday hero, but just like Batman and Spider-Man we never get to see him on a random day. Supergirl stops random criminals between work days, movie Superman shows up from time to time when there is an alien.

Why are you moving the goalpost? Daredevil is street level. (Besides, street level does not even mean what you think it means. Stopping Kingpin IS street level. What is not street level is the Avengers stopping alien attacks. Daredevil's Hell Kitchen adventures are street level stuff. That is the definition. Having villains does not change that.)

Shaanyboi

Banned

You mean why did they not spend half an episode on a random crime that is ultimately irrelevant to the arc of a 13 episode season? Daredevil isn't "the random adventures of a day in a life of Daredevil", it's a show with a specific story it wants to tell.

Arrow has a 20+ episode season. They can dedicate afew episodes to some filler while dealing with other dynamics. That's now how Netflix shows are typically structured.

Top Bottom