• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Hystzen

Tommy is the main villain he from a timeline where he joined his father to train after his mothers death

No more beta Tommy who cries looking at windows

KonradLaw

I think in this whole Arrow vs DD fight one thing is certain. If it was Oliver who starred in S1 of Daredevil that show would end on episode 5 at most, with Kingpin lying dead in the gutter, blood spilling from the place the arrow penetrated the eye socket.

;)

Hystzen

I think in this whole Arrow vs DD fight one thing is certain. If it was Oliver who starred in S1 of Daredevil that show would end on episode 5 at most, with Kingpin lying dead in the gutter, blood spilling from the place the arrow penetrated the eye socket.

;)

He also would have slept with Karen in front of Foggy RADIOACTIVE RADIOACTIVE

Joni

Why are you moving the goalpost? Daredevil is street level. (Besides, street level does not even mean what you think it means. Stopping Kingpin IS street level. What is not street level is the Avengers stopping alien attacks. Daredevil's Hell Kitchen adventures are street level stuff. That is the definition. Having villains does not change that.)
By that metric batman, iron man and like movies are also street level. They are still huge threats with big plans. For me that didn't feel like street level which is basically an empty word anyway.
You mean why did they not spend half an episode on a random crime that is ultimately irrelevant to the arc of a 13 episode season? Daredevil isn't "the random adventures of a day in a life of Daredevil", it's a show with a specific story it wants to tell.

Arrow has a 20+ episode season. They can dedicate afew episodes to some filler while dealing with other dynamics. That's now how Netflix shows are typically structured.
Daredevil had to stretch its main plot from eight episodes, so they could easily add it. If you want to do serial plots, it has to be better than how they do it. At least half their shows are stretched out despite their shorter seasons.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Let it be known that I've been the first in line drawing comparisons between DC's and Marvel's TV-verses in the past, but this thread better get back on track quick or I'll have you drown into a spoiled Lazarus pit.

V_Arnold

Let it be known that I've been the first in line drawing comparisons between DC's and Marvel's TV-verses in the past, but this thread better get back on track quick or I'll have you drown into a spoiled Lazarus pit.

You mean running in circles around whether Your Favorite Tv Show and My Favorite Tv Show is completely different is not as fun as complaining about Olicity? :D

(Btw, indeed, Tommy, and overall, the seasons when not everyone knew that Oliver is the Arrow was more fun than this "all cards are revealed" status quo....)

Joni

You mean running in circles around whether Your Favorite Tv Show and My Favorite Tv Show is completely different is not as fun as complaining about Olicity? :D

(Btw, indeed, Tommy, and overall, the seasons when not everyone knew that Oliver is the Arrow was more fun than this "all cards are revealed" status quo....)
But secrets are bad. We kept complaining he shouldn't have them. We never knew how good we had it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I only made it a few episodes in to season 4 before I noped the fuck out of this show. I SEE THIS SEASON HAS NO FELICITY?! DO DREAMS REALLY COME TRUE?!

ZeroX03

Banned
I look at what this thread has become in just a few short hours...

tumblr_mqt70fxfNR1rsikbyo1_500.gif

KonradLaw

Let's get back to something fun. Like..do we expect Huntress to return?
ar107b_0290b.jpg

I sure hope so. Show could use more dark haired hotness.

She is cheating on Nyssa anyway, with unimportant nurse.

Nyssa over any other current character is the one I'd really like to see on Legends of Tomorrow, her character would be so interesting to see play off the rest of the cast plus give Sarah some much needed company.

As for Arrow...

They are really really trying to hype up this 100th episode, not only
Death Stroke
but also some form of
Robert Queen, but not a flashback or a flashpoint meaning likely being the E2 version of the character who was the Green Arrow in that universe. or time travel shenanigans since it is the crossover episode.

I'm not sure I'm hyped but one thing Amell has constantly said was that hes really glad they aren't launching a new show this year because they always took people away from Arrow to do it which is one reason we've had some rather stupid moments the past few seasons, hopefully with Supergirl already really taking care of itself Arrow can get back to somewhat near that S1/S2 quality... I'm not holding my breath for it but that would be nice.

Joni

I'm not sure I'm hyped but one thing Amell has constantly said was that hes really glad they aren't launching a new show this year because they always took people away from Arrow to do it which is one reason we've had some rather stupid moments the past few seasons, hopefully with Supergirl already really taking care of itself Arrow can get back to somewhat near that S1/S2 quality... I'm not holding my breath for it but that would be nice.

Any future launches they can always try and achieve via The Flash.

I don't know if I can keep watching this for much longer. The second half of Season 3 was horrible and Season 4 was easily one of the worst TV seasons I have witnessed. So many awful creative decisions - like everything that involves Felicity. And from what I've seen, they took all the wrong lessons from Seasons 3 and 4.

Who am I kidding? I endured through Smallville, I will probably watch this forever. Even if it gets somehow worse.

ZeroX03

Banned
Colton Haynes/Roy isn't official, listing him may have been a bit misleading, but both producers and Colton have said they're down so really it's just a matter of story and schedule. I would be surprised if he didn't return, it sounds like it's all but on paper.

I won't be watching this show because it's horrible but I hope someone makes a flashback compilation because I've always been interested what happened to him in russia since season 1.

Top Bottom