• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2015 - participate and share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Day 11 theme was "chinese proverb" so I had the idea to do one based on a Mao Zedong quote because whatever

"The great man, Genghis Khan, only knew how to shoot eagles with an arrow. The past is past. To see real heroes, look around you"

E65qJDL.png

...was made on a moving buss with crap lightning so I made this after I reached proper lightning (was on a line to enter a party...):

It is Coward the Cowardly Dog drawn in my style from memory and a Mario Maker Fanart

gv34pUp.png

Day 12 theme was "mermaid" so I started to think about how aquatic mammals all have a big fat tissue to resist the coldness of the ocean, and then I tyed to imagine a half lady half non mammal aquatic form so ... Half Girl Half Jellyfish mermaid !

4sXFaNl.png

...i forgot non mammals don't have boobs =|

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
wait, don't you mean Courage the Cowardly Dog? Also, anyone else feeling burnt out from all this?

Of course, daily drawing is hard! Imagine already having a 10 hour daily art job and then coming home and drawing for a couple more hours ;)

Youre reaching your plateau, which is super normal. Just try to be diligent and keep at it, soon youll reach that next level of endurance.

Like Raging Spaniard said, it certainly can be hard to keep up, especially when you work full time.

I'm glad I stuck with the theme I chose so far. It helps me narrow down my choices when I have to think of what to draw next.

I always shoot for an hour before bed on the weekdays. I can always go over or under, but the point is just to have fun and keep it loose. I might skip a few days and make them up later with a few small drawings when I have more free time.

....and now a spoopy spider.

eIpa0Kx.png

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Late finish on this, but the Taurus Demon waits for no Hollow! Think I'll take this to the color treatment at some point also :)

CRLv55yVEAA46LY.jpg:medium

Like Raging Spaniard said, it certainly can be hard to keep up, especially when you work full time.

I'm glad I stuck with the theme I chose so far. It helps me narrow down my choices when I have to think of what to draw next.

I always shoot for an hour before bed on the weekdays. I can always go over or under, but the point is just to have fun and keep it loose. I might skip a few days and make them up later with a few small drawings when I have more free time.

....and now a spoopy spider.

eIpa0Kx.png
awww its cute! haha

heres mine for the day
oEG4hGP.jpg

Raging Spaniard

Ah spiders, glad Im not drawing Dark Souls 2, haha (although the Gaping Dragon is gonna be, uh, fun)

Clean version of last nights effort

tumblr_nw6jzzrFbj1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

LegendX48

So, it's not burn out that I was feeling, I'm just getting sick >.> *sniffle*

anywho, here's days 12 and 13:

wanted to try something different with the hair for today's. Don't think it turned out so great, ah well.

Jhoan

Love Solaire! Sun Bros for life son! Saw some really good Solaire cosplay at NYCC this weekend.

Any way, here's the batch of drawings I've done over the last several days. Gonna count public drawings as part of it. Laptop's battery is F'ed so no scanned versions until I get a new battery for it. Been a pain in the ass being sans a laptop and phone service.

And a bonus unfinished drawing that I did while waiting on line to buy a Tokyo Pop figure:

Raging Spaniard

Wow, just dropping by to say that I adore your Dark Souls art!

Thank you so much! Im starting to think about taking it past Inktober, that way I'll be able to hit all the good buts of the game instead of having to rush! Im not even at the Gargoyles and inktober is halfway done!

SerRodrik

Days 9 to 11. I'm getting a little behind in posting these.

I totally phoned that first one in because I was running out of time and didn't know what to draw, but I think the other two make up for it. I also managed to force myself to do a background this time!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Some of these were done on time, others I'm kinda playing catch-up with:

Day 08 - Immortan Joe re-do - I was really unhappy with the earlier one I did, so I did a looser, quicker one from memory the next day.

Day 09 - Bar sketch request - "Draw the Wendigo from Hannibal, buuuut make it Pikachu."

Day 10 - Marceline the Vampire Queen

Day 11 - Etrigan - Did this one directly to inks, no pencils.

Platy

Awesome choice of characters ... and your marceline is too perfect.

....way too perfect that I kinda wanted to see how she would look like in your style xD

Raging Spaniard

The Hellkite Dragon has thusly decided that the number of fucks he gives is zero

CRV06XGVAAAh_lz.jpg:medium

Thank you so much! Im starting to think about taking it past Inktober, that way I'll be able to hit all the good buts of the game instead of having to rush! Im not even at the Gargoyles and inktober is halfway done!

I'd really love seeing you do something with Sif, I'm sure it would be awesome. But also apart than that: of course, you should keep it up! :)

LegendX48

This one's a tad suggestive (no nudity) so I'll spoiler tag it:

I hate how it came out. Four attempts and I simply could not get the head right at all. Happy with the body though! If need be I can edit out the pic and just put a link.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa-ohhh, we're halfway there! 15 days of Inktober so far down, it's been amazing to see what everyone's been drawing. Keep it going guys~

Here's some fanart for Indivisible for my day 15:

Raging Spaniard

Fell a day behind in my schedule, but I really wanted to make a bit of a proper fight scene! The Balder Knights were pretty awesome to be able to face head on, and they broke through my shield pleeenty of fucking times

CRf_a3-VEAAVECz.jpg:medium

Raging Spaniard

Thanks a lot! Thinking about compiling these as a mini artbook/travelling journal and painting some of them with watercolors. Should be kind of cool (I cant let Orioto get all the gaf hype lol)

Raging Spaniard

This got a little out of hand, and I really wanted to keep it simple too :|

CRkRZQeUwAAcSfx.jpg:medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom