• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2016 - once more, unto the ink pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilisk

I forgot that Inktober started earlier for me (since I'm in Australia)

Day 3
inktober_day_3__2016_by_evilisk-dajyo1l.jpg

Day 4

I really have to practice drawing heads in 3/4 view (among other things). The poor character I drew in Day 4 is drawn in 3/4 view three times, and each time it looks like her face has changed facial structure :/

Arex

^^ nice! I'm always struggling with putting in thick black inks. Gonna need to encourage myself to that lol

Anyway, entering day 5 already here, so here's one :)

LegendX48

Pencils are for chumps! Jumping straight in with brushes, pens, and ink! Anywho, here's two horrible drawings. Why two? I did a small preliminary one and then tried to do my actual Day 4 pic but I prefer my rough, preliminary one:

Negaduck

Here are two of my drawings. One is digital (did it the first day of inktober) and another I did yesterday. Going to draw the digital character and ink him too.

A Trio of plague Knights inspired by bloodborne. The mask detail will similar to a Dia de Los Muertos mask.

Also going to drop copics on them.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Diablo taking a much needed time off, I mean he may be the lord of hell but come on, thats just his job, right?

tumblr_oejl5vMqR21qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Fuuuuu the gorgeous pics in this thread keep coming and I'm already a day behind.

Anyway, just finished Mob Psycho 100, so here's my Day 3 with a new bishounen vessel for Ekubo:

tumblr_oejpq4f3LO1td58sxo1_1280.jpg

Next, we have "El Viejo Del Costal" or "El Roba Chicos." In English,"Sack Man" or "Child Snatcher"

This was another one of those "if you don't behave, so and so is gonna get you!" type of story.

As a kid I never had a clear image of how these beings looked, so you might see faces with not many recognizable human features.

4U0twaC.png

Negaduck

Next, we have "El Viejo Del Costal" or "El Roba Chicos." In English,"Sack Man" or "Child Snatcher"

This was another one of those "if you don't behave, so and so is gonna get you!" type of story.

As a kid I never had a clear image of how these beings looked, so you might see faces with not many recognizable human features.

4U0twaC.png

Dude that's wicked.

Mailbox

i feel bad doing this since its kinda against the rules, but since i have a midterm tomorrow, i needed to use all my time studying rather that drawing today and yesterday. I'll make it up with 2 draws tomorrow and 2 the day after :/

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
i feel bad doing this since its kinda against the rules, but since i have a midterm tomorrow, i needed to use all my time studying rather that drawing today and yesterday. I'll make it up with 2 draws tomorrow and 2 the day after :/

Against what rules? No pressure, just do what you can :)

limlark

Day 4. Live-sketched portraits from the VP debate just now. Once I started fucking up Kaine's mouth, I just couldn't stop.

tumblr_oek0f8qWqO1r5napzo1_1280.png

Evilisk

Day 5

I tried doing this one without pencils.

I guess it turned out okay in parts but the anatomy is screwed up on the lower half of their body. Also the few construction lines I did use (like on the helmet) are just really noticeable

I think I'l just stick to penciling the drawing out first

Arex

the rule is you make 30 drawings by the end of this month, so you can do 30 in one day if you can I suppose lol :p
but really just do what you can XD

Raging Spaniard

4U0twaC.png

El hombre del saco! Good stuff here. Good silhouettes, the mouth shape on the bag especially

Raging Spaniard

Thanks!

Thanks man. There seems to be similar stories throughout Spanish speaking countries. I'm already running out of the ones I know without doing research!

Oh, and if Blizzard is reading this. Hire this man!

You can always grab semi historic figures and modernize them as evil fable characters, like, Hernan Cortez.

Thanks for the props, Ive been eyeing the concept position the Diablo team has open for quite some time, so this inktober theme is actually trying to cater to that :)

You can always grab semi historic figures and modernize them as evil fable characters, like, Hernan Cortez.

Thanks for the props, Ive been eyeing the concept position the Diablo team has open for quite some time, so this inktober theme is actually trying to cater to that :)

Yeah, I still have a few ideas, and perhaps some monsters from other countries would be next.

You're doing awesome work man. I saw they had senior positions a while ago, haven't seen what they have recently. It is also one of my art goals to work there (Diablo would be awesome as well :) )

Day 4 - Jon Talbain

Nice!

For day 5 I drew "The Hand" I'm going by memory, but if you wanted me to stay up all night as a kid, all you had to do was tell me that something/someone was going to pull my legs as I slept.
"Te van a jalar las patas!" is what they would say.
I do recall there was one called "La Mano Peluda" or "The Hairy Hand" but not sure if those are the same thing.

Xws1sX0.png

Keep up the good work everyone!

Raging Spaniard

Poor Murlocs, the universe is definitely against these little guys

tumblr_oelw07DGe71qed0geo1_1280.jpg

limlark

It's still the 5th in my time zone!

tumblr_oelzavQEKh1r5napzo1_540.png

I need to go back to the dip pen & colored inks I was using before. I thought a regular pen might be more quick & casual, and I guess it is, but this was barely even any fun to do.

Day 3 - Ned the Piemaker from Pushing Daisies

Dude, I just watched this for the first time a few months back. Cute stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom