• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2016 - once more, unto the ink pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ot_logo.jpg~original

Back for another year! When October the 1st comes around, it's time to get your tools ready (be it analog or digital) and get cracking!

Inktober was started by Jake Parker, here's what he has to say about it:

31 Days 31 Drawings

Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. I created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.

Anyone can do InkTober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.

InkTober rules:

1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)

3) Hashtag it with #inktober

4) Repeat

Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.

That's it! Now go make something beautiful.

InkTober is, by now, a bit of a NeoGAF tradition! Do yourself a favor and check out the 2015 and 2016 editions. Props to ExMachina for getting it going last year :)

Past works by fellow GAF members.

ExMachina

YesNOnoNOYes

Timo

P6s3CFU.jpg

Mik2121

12081117_747738648671355_1429224790_n.jpg

Some random asshole ;)

tumblr_nwgcypsUYu1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Jhoan

DM_Uselink

sLJGdch.png

Above all, have fun!

Timo

I was absent lasy year, gonna try to do at least once a week.

I encourage everyone to get involved. Grab a brush, pen, brushpen, ballpoint, stick dipped in ink, get on it yall.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Subbed! Thanks for setting up the thread, RagingSpaniard~

Definitely going to participate again this year and looking forward to seeing ArtGAF bring it once more. =]

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
For those that have a hard time finding motivation, I highly encourage to find a theme. For seasoned artists it will give you a nice portfolio project that you can turn into a little book, and for others it can still be a good chance to explore something you love more intricately.

In 15 my theme was a poetry book compilation I was making with my father (he adapted each piece into a poem) last year I turned it into a Dark Souls journal.

For this year, I already know what I'll be doing, but I'll leave it as a surprise.

Nice! Hope to see even more people participate this year. Gotta order another sketchbook before it starts and start thinking of a theme.

Thanks Raging Spaniard for setting up the thread!

Mailbox

So digital art is acceptable as well?
Don't really have the proper inking tools for analog.

If so, I think I'm in. I tend to not draw because I keep getting discouraged due to not being great with perspective and proportions so maybe a month long challenge will be what I need. :)

Jhoan

Funny enough, I was discussing Inktober with a friend of mines earlier today since I want to go on a mini art supply splurge very soon since I need to buy a new sketchbook or two very soon. Thought about some themes too. I've been dying to buy a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen among other things but art supplies don't come cheap!

Been sketching/drawing with Muji pens lately and I like the way they flow as opposed to a regular ballpoint pen. Looking at that drawing, I think I've improved sketching people in public in the past year.

Mailbox

Theoricaly everything is aceptable. it is way more a "draw every day" challenge than a "use ink" challenge

okay, then i'll try it out.
October starts right as I have assignments and a midterm to study for so hopefully a inked finalized drawing a day isn't gonna mess things up :p

Arex

subscribing! I didn't participate here last year, but I did manage to finish it.
I'll start posting here this year. Still deciding whether to go with a theme or not :)

anyway, my gears! :p

Platy

I would say no cause the challenge is to draw with ink and paper (and pencil too). Digital at is great but when you have erasers, layers and undo/redo, it's a bit different :)

otherwise i would totally use my ipad pro/pencil

InkTober Site said:
Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.

Everyone is welcome to do a drawing a day. But remember that with layers, undo and everything the art WILL take more time... but if you have time to make one making the habit of drawing every day than fuck yeah

Raging Spaniard

Digital is totally acceptable. Digital art is better than no art.

LegendX48

Last year I swore I wouldn't do this again cause I burnt myself out but seeing the old thread bumps and now this new one... I wanna participate, especially since I've improved a bit since last year. Might try for every other day or once a week, October is gonna be very busy for me.

Aw yeah! Great work so far everyone!

My theme this year is to draw 31 monsters/ghosts/creatures ect. originating from the folklore of different countries (trying to tie it to Halloween!). I'm going to do as many as I can from Mexico or Spanish speaking countries, as those are the ones I am more familiar with. If I run out, I'll try from other places around the world.

The first one is "La Llorona" or "The Weeping Woman"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Llorona

KElB4zG.png

Yay, finally got my scanner set up again so I'm definitely joining in.

My goal is to make a comic using the prompt list for each page, which'll hopefully be fun.
And hopefully there'll be a noticeable improvement by the end :B

Been rewatching the Walking Dead, so there's gonna be a lot of inspiration from that...

Aw yeah! Great work so far everyone!

My theme this year is to draw 31 monsters/ghosts/creatures ect. originating from the folklore of different countries (trying to tie it to Halloween!). I'm going to do as many as I can from Mexico or Spanish speaking countries, as those are the ones I am more familiar with. If I run out, I'll try from other places around the world.

The first one is "La Llorona" or "The Weeping Woman"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Llorona

KElB4zG.png

Love it. Already in a Halloween-y mood.

Platy

so day 1 of inktober was the most full of stuff day of the YEAR

so here is a 5 minute sketch of a mix of words some friends gave me in the middle of my sister's birthday

hRpqNxo.png

worst inktober sketch ever ? yes or totaly ?

Raging Spaniard

Made it!

My theme for this year is all about Blizzard and their characters in more natural settings, I think its going to lead to some nice scenes

tumblr_oeerl68kwW1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Jhoan

I think I set the bar a bit high for myself with the Green Meanie from Scream Queens Season 2. Got into it and spent several hours on it trying to do it justice based off the only two reference images that exist on Google Image search. This is Day 1:

I don't have a theme so I'm winging it but will write a list to keep myself on track. Dunno what I'm gonna do for Day 2 but it's a toss up between the Red Devil from Season 1, fan art from a favorite beat em up game, or whatever else I'm in the mood for.

i'm gonna try my hand at inktober this year i think, but i probably won't post everyday, maybe in compilations

not really used to using a pen over a pencil still, so my lines are kind of choppy, but hey that's why I'm doing inktober this year!

yesterday i kind of just dicked around with a micron pen and inked over some pencil sketches, i might post them later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom