• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Article from yesterday, Xbox Subs "Approximately 20 million"- Jeff Grubb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabaus

Banned

"In the United States, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate remains $15 per month. Game Pass is Microsoft’s key strategy for gaming moving forward, but it is far from turning a profit. While the service has approximately 20 million subscribers, according to sources, Microsoft is spending billions of dollars on acquiring content. But as these price cuts suggest, the Game Pass team is more concerned about attracting new subscribers than making money at this time."

In the other thread people are going off the rails because of take 2 ceo mis remembering numbers off the cuff. This is as close to "official" numbers as I think we're going to get until MS says other wise in my opinion.

For the record I cant stand grubb but he does have a pretty good track record in regards to Micorosft stuff.

Papacheeks

Banned

"In the United States, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate remains $15 per month. Game Pass is Microsoft’s key strategy for gaming moving forward, but it is far from turning a profit. While the service has approximately 20 million subscribers, according to sources, Microsoft is spending billions of dollars on acquiring content. But as these price cuts suggest, the Game Pass team is more concerned about attracting new subscribers than making money at this time."

In the other thread people are going off the rails because of take 2 ceo mis remembering numbers off the cuff. This is as close to "official" numbers as I think we're going to get until MS says other wise in my opinion.

For the record I cant stand grubb but he does have a pretty good track record in regards to Micorosft stuff.

Sounds like they are not seeing the growth in certain regions that they want with current barrier of entry?

I mean their main market for gamepass is US/UK and some of Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom