• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

C.B.

Feb 1, 2013
UK
www.cbedford.com
One of the leads from my current comic No Name

Feels like I've not had something worth posting in here for a while! I was quite happy with how my text came out ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

I don't think I posted this in any of the art threads. I looked back in the art threads and couldn't find it.

Probably the only Studio Ghibli fan art I've done, and I feel bad for not having done more of them.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Oli

Apr 22, 2009
Earth
olimar91.deviantart.com
Gaf, I have been working on improving some of my drawing techniques. One area I'd like to focus on is human body proportions, as well as drawing individual body elements. Hands, feet, and full proportioned forms

Does anyone know of a good book that teaches this? I've found a few but I'm not sure which would be best. I'm not a beginner so I don't want basics, looking for something more advanced.

Jhoan

Oct 26, 2008
New York, NY
Gaf, I have been working on improving some of my drawing techniques. One area I'd like to focus on is human body proportions, as well as drawing individual body elements. Hands, feet, and full proportioned forms

Does anyone know of a good book that teaches this? I've found a few but I'm not sure which would be best. I'm not a beginner so I don't want basics, looking for something more advanced.
Lurker here that occasionally posts stuff in this thread even though everything is so damn good lately. The Art Self-Study thread has many great resources listed in the OP.

I was going to say Andrew Loomis since I have both Drawing the Hands and Faces and Figure Drawing For All It's Worth which is great for the stuff you mentioned. The easiest and best thing to do that anyone would tell you is to draw from life so sketch people in public or go to life drawing events in your area.

Übermatik

Apr 16, 2011
Vestigial Bloodguard...

A painting that took far too long to finish! What initially started out as a quick sketch soon developed into something far more involved. Very happy with the end result, but I'm glad it's finally complete! It's been a learning experience to say the least... Just need to work on my speed and brush technique. Also, this is my first post to Artstation!: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JgZ1A (I overcame the fear...)

Fredrik

Banned
Jun 27, 2005
I've just started out using iPad Pro and Procreate for sketching, here are a few of my sketches.

Wizards head. First time I've made an ugly character, I'm usually more into making stuff look good, not ugly, but this was actually super fun.

Timelapse video using Procreate video share
https://youtu.be/5izHAiIb4M4

Curvy girl...

Another lady, here in a simply shaded pencil drawing, originally I planned to color it but I ended up quite satisfied with the uncolored look too.

Servbot24

Banned
Feb 14, 2012
Austin, TX
www.ianbarkerart.com
Cult members:

been doing some animated artwork lately :)

this is killer :O you working on a game?

I'm currently learning some 3D stuff, so I haven't posted in a while.
This is a 2D illustration I did recently that I can show!

Awesome work everyone like always, and welcome to the new posters!

Servbot: Love those costume designs!
thanks man! keep it up yourself :D

Servbot24

Banned
Feb 14, 2012
Austin, TX
www.ianbarkerart.com
Servbot, olympia, arcipello, everyone! all killing it! Great work guys.

Theres a timelapse video for the first piece I did here, it was awesome to see how I work and see some wierd stuff I did, but really fun;
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Dl5ee

Some recent pieces from me, all different personal stuff:
thanks man, yours are looking fantastic as well!

new character design: