• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Frenden

Banned
tumblr_o0rur0npbN1qz6c60o1_1280.png

After a day spent drawing character art for clients, I decided to unwind by… drawing some character art.

Monocle

Lee Pace as Thranduil. For the portrait contest.

Click the images for higher res. Detail shots are about 65% in the hi-res version, IIRC.

The second thing I actually finished this month. Starting with a proper drawing saves time, who knew?

C.B.

^ I do actually enjoy these when i see them on my feed/dash. Very cute!

Commissions I have finished lately

bishrshahzadsfwfsyebaz.jpg

Had lots of fun working on this. Wish I could spend more time on it...

This one was totally out of my league for what they wanted but...I think it came out alright. It was a bit of a struggle as the commissioner conflicted with what they wanted throughout the process (I want more vivid colours....no no i liked the dull colours from before!) but we got there in the end.

Trying to make sure I include more legs/feet. Shit is hard man.

Thats some beautiful shit!

Its always better to just take the initial request from the person and then finish it and present it without further input imo

or you can tell them upfront that the more revisions or changes they make the more $$$

C.B.

Thats some beautiful shit!

Its always better to just take the initial request from the person and then finish it and present it without further input imo

or you can tell them upfront that the more revisions or changes they make the more $$$

Yeah I have an entire Terms of Service that is attached to each invoice I send to every client with the details of what they're allowed for the commission type they've purchased, as well as an explanation that they have to pay for revisions beyond their allowed limits at an hourly rate. They didn't go over, but certainly used every bit they were allowed within their limits haha.

Saying that though I find that it's actually more useful to hear what they want earlier on. I don't want to finish something and then have them ask for revisions as it makes it more complicated to fix the closer to completion the piece gets. However I do actually put my foot down when it comes to some requests - if they ask for something I know wont work then I will be sure to tell them its a bad idea. If they still want it then they will get it....I just probably wont post it anywhere if it makes it ass ugly haha. Naturally there are just some clients who want more control than others though which can be fine. I think being tuned into communication is integral if they are.

Speed paint thing I did for the winner of my charity art raffle I held in December.

flynnfskjuna.jpg

....if this is too nsfw I'll put it under a click through link. Wish I could spend more time on it like 99% of my works...surprised how much I enjoyed working on this despite the characters original design.

Speed paint thing I did for the winner of my charity art raffle I held in December.

These recent ones are great. That painterly style really suits your line art.

Working on some character design. (great drawing weather here in LA)
A female warrior class. I'm currently working on the male version of this character.
female_warrior_by_noe_leyva-d9pnajh.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
These recent ones are great. That painterly style really suits your line art.

Working on some character design. (great drawing weather here in LA)
A female warrior class. I'm currently working on the male version of this character.
female_warrior_by_noe_leyva-d9pnajh.png
Why does she wear yoga-tight pants, a corset, and some weird stitched thong on the front?

rhetorical question, I know why

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Wanted to get a witchsona out before the week was done. That Bravely Default style was something I wanted to try, too :)

tumblr_o1us60Efpu1qed0geo1_r1_1280.jpg

ionitron

The art in this thread is incredible! Holy!

Subbed, I do art when I can and I wish I was a lot more serious about it when I'm in school. Hope to contribute one day =)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Forgot to post this when it was done a month or so ago, did some freelance for my friend and ex coworker Swiftor, he wanted/needed some new art for his channels. I dont really caaare about Fallout, but it was fun to do regardless.

tumblr_o1wou98oyv1qed0geo1_1280.png

tumblr_o1wou98oyv1qed0geo2_1280.png

tumblr_o1wou98oyv1qed0geo3_1280.png

Prototype

Unconditional Love, by me.
CMfv1z7.png

I do digital collage, not sure if that fits the thread or if there is a better place to post.
I have more images on my Instagram, which is where I mainly post my stuff.

Edit. I hope it's ok to share the link to my Instagram page, if anyone is interested in seeing more of my work:
https://www.instagram.com/ionlyknowyou/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Question for ArtGAF:

Fluid painting looks amazing, but since the (acrylic + water) paint is so runny, how long would it take to dry? Can it dry? Do you just leave it out for however long or would you have to apply heat to it?

olympia

Question for ArtGAF:

Fluid painting looks amazing, but since the (acrylic + water) paint is so runny, how long would it take to dry? Can it dry? Do you just leave it out for however long or would you have to apply heat to it?

I'm not sure, but acrylic tends to dry rather quickly. Its the type of paint where if you need it to stay wet, you have to add acrylic retarder. I can't say how long it will take to dry, but just know that acrylic tends to dry pretty quick.

Jakten

I didn't realise there was a thread for art stuff till now! Here's a drawing of the Valkyrie from Namco's Valkyrie series that I drew yesterday:
OYmLA64.png

Rydeen

Drew this yesterday, colored it with Sharpies and some weird off-brand Copic style markers I found in a set at Barnes and Noble. Didn't mind using them because the set was around $40 versus the same set from Copic for $200 so it didn't feel like I was bleeding money as I used them.

1936475_10154651316087598_7578683310425021359_n.jpg

Top Bottom