• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Jhoan

Drew this yesterday, colored it with Sharpies and some weird off-brand Copic style markers I found in a set at Barnes and Noble. Didn't mind using them because the set was around $40 versus the same set from Copic for $200 so it didn't feel like I was bleeding money as I used them.

1936475_10154651316087598_7578683310425021359_n.jpg
Just wanted to pop in here and say that I bought that set of imitation Copic markers at Barnes and Noble earlier since I went treated myself to a mini art supply splurge with a new sketchbook, kneaded eraser and a sharpener. I've been itching to play with Copics for the longest since I've only gotten a taste of them at drawing events so I'm looking forward to messing around with them. They sound and look great. Thanks for the recommendation! The drawing looks fantastic!

I'll make my out of this thread now. You guys are doing some great digital painting/art work in here! I need to get rid of the rust and stop over thinking about what to draw/paint.

So, I'm not sure if this is right thread for this, but I am at a standstill and need some help:

I have a Macbook running OS X 10.9.5 from 2009, and Photoshop CS5.

I recently picked up a Wacom Graphire4 brand new, and it seems to work just fine. I've installed the drivers from the website.

However, software features such as pressure sensitivity do not seem to be working at all. I've set brush settings to pen pressure in photoshop, but nothing. Do I need to do something for photoshop to accept Wacoms driver? Are there settings for the wacom tablet itself that I can access somewhere, or perhaps my Macbook settings? Google hasn't helped..

Of course, I'm a complete newbie to photoshop, and not great with technical stuff on computers, so the fix may be really simple but I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!

Installing the Wacom Bamboo driver fixed the issue, strangely!

LegendX48

Digital painting is hard, like, really, really, really, really hard. Anywho, no drawing or lineart, dived straight into painting

Used a reference for this one though, unlike the last time I tried this. Spent like 5 hours on it and hit a wall fairly early on where I basically could not legit improve it so, yeah. Loosely based on a pic from NikxStock on deviantart.

Ran rp

cross-posting from the drawing a day thread:

question for the pros. is it okay to use colors and very simple graphics on your resume/cv? i was told by staff reviewing my resume at my school to not use color, graphics, or horizontal/vertical lines and i'm kind of feeling like James McGill right now lol. they want me to follow some dull, grey templates.

Hey there folks, looong time lurker, been following this thread for awhile haha.

There's so much cool art in here, motivated me to post some of my stuff. Some more recent than others

Some timed studies (NSFW)
Damn these are all really cool!

Do you have a site/tumblr/insta/twitter I can follow your work at?

Phandy

Amazing work Servbot, dude your stuff lately has really transformed. You have a really unique vision thats really fresh. Great work.

Great work from everyone else too, olympia, DM, Somnium, love seeing this thread busy :) Keep it up!

Here's a few more things from me recently. I'm doing some personal painting pretty much every weekday at the moment and it feels great. follow me on facebook/tumblr/artstation if you want me to spam you with paintings.

All quick 1-2hr pieces. Dont have time for much more outside of work.

Amazing work Servbot, dude your stuff lately has really transformed. You have a really unique vision thats really fresh. Great work.

Great work from everyone else too, olympia, DM, Somnium, love seeing this thread busy :) Keep it up!

Here's a few more things from me recently. I'm doing some personal painting pretty much every weekday at the moment and it feels great. follow me on facebook/tumblr/artstation if you want me to spam you with paintings.

All quick 1-2hr pieces. Dont have time for much more outside of work.

Thanks, these are awesome. Love the "juicy" shapes. I've seen some of this on tumblr. I'll search you out on fb.

Somnium: Welcome to the thread! Great work, keep posting!

I've been posting some of my images on the drawing-a-day thread. These are a few creature designs that I modeled in Zbrush first and took in to photoshop.

Servbot24

Banned

Thanks man, really good to hear! When you're in the trenches and just comparing yourself to all the other great people out there it's really easy to feel like you're getting stagnant

This is pretty cool. What is this from?

Thanks! Not from anything in particular, just a random character design

Here's a new thing:

tumblr_o5wpnaGVRA1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

Arcipello

not posted for a while, rarely ever spot this thread. glad to see people are still posting awesome and strange things!

anyway here is something i did over the weekend

daniel-conway-dtf.jpg

daniel-conway-www-gifcreator-me-z4hcwz.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Servbot, Arcipello, your pieces are oozing atmosphere. Really wonderful work.

Stairouais, I really like that tech wear Motoko.

Arcipello

thanks fellas... i did something a month ago in the same sort of fantasy realm....it started out VERY different to how it ended up as the GIF shows :)

daniel-conway-frozen-pass.jpg

Iz1synMxmcXrG.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Beautiful colors and lighting. Curious as to why you ended up removing the giant female figure?

I've been following your work on Deviant Art since like 2007 btw lol. It's pretty cool to see you on Gaf.

A series of armored ladies meant to be personifications of periods of the day. Dawn, dusk, & midnight. Been meaning to revisit these concepts proper.

This is my first post in this thread, everyone here is really good. You're all very talented.

I had some extra clay leftover and decided to just mess around.

tumblr_o621j2fsZd1vswqrfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o621j2fsZd1vswqrfo2_1280.jpg

mortal

Gold Member
Some damn good work has been posted since then.

Spaaaaaaaaace, That's neat, I wish I could sculpt. How long did those take you?

DM_Uselink, really solid illustration. It really captures the drama and impending danger, and the bravery of the challengers. I love that they're cast in the shade of the wall, nice natural mood.

Servbot24, I really enjoy the overall form, and little details of this guy. It reminded me of an ancient diving suit. What's usually your thought process for these designs? Is there a unique challenge or intention behind each design, as a jumping off point?

Timo, really cool drawings. Your hatching feels loose, while also being controlled, gives them a nice texture.

Bright Side, the details in that work space drawing are so meta, it's awesome. Even shows the medium you used haha.

Lizardman, The design of that croc (gator?) character is pretty dope, and shady as hell.

A portrait of a friend of mine. Was mainly done at the time to practice capturing realism, with an experimental workflow.

And, some random characters. A witch, and a swordsman.

Terrorblot

Some damn good work has been posted since then.

Spaaaaaaaaace, That's neat, I wish I could sculpt. How long did those take you?

DM_Uselink, really solid illustration. It really captures the drama and impending danger, and the bravery of the challengers. I love that they're cast in the shade of the wall, nice natural mood.

Servbot24, I really enjoy the overall form, and little details of this guy. It reminded me of an ancient diving suit. What's usually your thought process for these designs? Is there a unique challenge or intention behind each design, as a jumping off point?

Timo, really cool drawings. Your hatching feels loose, while also being controlled, gives them a nice texture.

Bright Side, the details in that work space drawing are so meta, it's awesome. Even shows the medium you used haha.

Lizardman, The design of that croc (gator?) character is pretty dope, and shady as hell.

A portrait of a friend of mine. Was mainly done at the time to practice capturing realism, with an experimental workflow.

And, some random characters. A witch, and a swordsman.

wow, your art is beautiful.

cross posting from indie game dev GAF, but I'm making a game! Taking forever to do the art in illustrator then animate in flash but smooth so far (note the gif cut out some key animation so dosnt look to great)

rKiWjhU.gif

Top Bottom