• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

been a while since I checked in on this thread goddamn its been looking great

heres some of my recent work for Ophidian 2360

hz28REO.jpg

daedalius

Some new stuff, gonna try and push a slightly more loose and painterly look though for the future, it will still work for my current clients, and maybe open up another couple clients (talked with a friend about doing card art for Paladins); also probably quite a bit faster than this!

and a monster for a different client

Err, I don't know why I can draw something pretty good one day, but for the next month my shit is ass. Ugh this ticks me off. I feel like I have not improved in the past two years.

Loxley

Man, book covers are a pain in the ass. After a lot of playing around with various compositions I finally finished putting together the cover for my coloring book. This is basically the culmination of the (nearly) two years it's taken me to create enough illustrations to make a whole book out of. It looks like the last time I mentioned this project in this thread was when I was only a couple of months into it. It's come quite a ways since then - time flies!

Servbot24

Banned
Servbot: Love those. There's just the right amount of cool/creepy going on in them.

thanks man, your stuff is looking good too, got that mood going on!

Why are you so good?

I don't know if anyone ever considers themselves to be good, I still feel pretty insecure about my ability. But for what it's worth, I've gotten as far as I have by simply drawing a lot, and drawing with intention (meaning having specific learning goals when I draw rather than just doodling).

The other thing is that I really prioritize drawing, which is not always a good thing. I spend almost all free time I have drawing, which unfortunately means not enjoying my other interests, skipping social events, and even losing girlfriends. I'm a slow learner, so I feel that I need to do that. I think other people could probably get better than I am with less time, so don't worry if that sounds like too much of a commitment, lol :)

Anyways, here are some astronaut concepts I made yesterday morning. Nothing's better than drawing on a Saturday morning <3

tumblr_oi0xrgsEzb1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

And a vehicle:

tumblr_oi1bfwNuFr1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

arm812

Aeno8_zpsgixdgqte.jpg

I finally decided to just start my comic even though my main character looks different through the first few pages lol. I'll go back and redraw those panels but this is how he looks permanently now.

I can't believe I didn't know this thread existed until now. I've started drawing again very regularly since September after going to Salt Lake Comic Con, and helping a friend at a table in Artist Alley. I'm hoping to get my own table next time.
Here are my three latest pictures.
guy-kidd-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2.jpg

Some Guardians of the Galaxy
guy-kidd-doctor-and-rose-final.jpg

My favorite Doctor and Companion
guy-kidd-raven-for-print.jpg

A little Raven fan art

barik

A little over a year ago I posted a topic about always feeling like you're living "towards" something, which is a obsession that ended up becoming my final project for my illustration study. It ended up becoming a 38-page comic in 5 different styles of illustration, with more on the way in the coming year (hopefully). You can check it out here, hope it's cool that I'm linking to it but there's no financial gain in it for me, I just want people to see it.

tumblr_oilp87ie741s5vsjlo2_r1_1280.gif

Hello ArtGaf! Now that I'm alt-employed I wanted to dive into 3D a bit more. I used Unreal Engine 4 to set up the scenes and then did some paint overs in Photoshop.

I sculpted this guy in ZBrush

Some 2D fan art for old times sake

Where do all the artists hang out these days? Instagram? Facebook groups? Everything got very segmented after conceptart.org.

I've probably posted it before, but I post a lot of work on my IG account if you want to follow me. Let me know and I'll follow back!

My Instagram

thanks man, your stuff is looking good too, got that mood going on!

I don't know if anyone ever considers themselves to be good, I still feel pretty insecure about my ability. But for what it's worth, I've gotten as far as I have by simply drawing a lot, and drawing with intention (meaning having specific learning goals when I draw rather than just doodling).

The other thing is that I really prioritize drawing, which is not always a good thing. I spend almost all free time I have drawing, which unfortunately means not enjoying my other interests, skipping social events, and even losing girlfriends. I'm a slow learner, so I feel that I need to do that. I think other people could probably get better than I am with less time, so don't worry if that sounds like too much of a commitment, lol :)

Anyways, here are some astronaut concepts I made yesterday morning. Nothing's better than drawing on a Saturday morning <3

tumblr_oi0xrgsEzb1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

And a vehicle:

tumblr_oi1bfwNuFr1rom6duo1_1280.jpg

loving these concepts

C.B.

Übermatik;229264428 said:
Latest and first of the new year. Still have an awful lot to learn. Gonna keep going, hopefully on a weekly basis, to become more confident.

Didn't come across this one on twitter &#128064; Your colour choices are looking great!

Recent commission.

luceemericshjj4i.jpg

I love pink a lot.

arm812

I'm pretty proud of this if I must say so myself. But I still have to continue growing. I'm trying to learn digital painting for my artwork to add to the repertoire of traditional art.
Scions002_zpsiawgmvq1.jpg

Charcoal drawing of a Starman deluxe from Earthbound. I think I am totally shifting from Compressed to Vine/willow as my primary charcoal.

oZmztMe.jpg

daedalius

Cross posting from the indie game thread, should be applicable for some of you in here as well:

Hey guys, any suggestions of boards or places to post/trawl for indie jobs?

I just finished up a new art portfolio and I'd like to shop it to potential clients. I have been doing work for tabletop/rpg books for quite a few years now, and I've never quite managed to figure out where the best places to post/look for jobs for indie games is.

I just started to keep an eye on the Unity boards, but I am sure there are other good places to look for people posting paid work as well.

Here's my portfolio if you think that would help for telling me where to look. Usually I have done finished illustrations and concept art for the few video games I've worked on: https://michaelrookard.artstation.com/

One of my art acquaintances who happens to do a bit of video game art offered me the sage advice of : "move to Seattle". Needless to say, that wasn't very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom