• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Been on these streets hustling my art lately. I managed to make 22 dollars so far. Was going to out today, but it started raining. It stopped quickly, but I didn't want to take the risk of it starting back up again.

DirtyLarry

Didn't know this thread existed until today.
I do a lot of portraits these days for myself really, get paid here and there but I have a full time job for a big company doing graphic design, but I grew up doing fine art and missed it, so picked up an iPad Pro to draw and it has gone pretty good since.

Did this portrait of Rakim in honor of the 30th anniversary of his album Paid In Full this month.
LUyc.png

Loxley

Hey all, lookin' for some feedback on the above illustration, specifically on the line-work. On the left is original piece, in my normal style (with black lines). On the right is a revision where I decided to color the lines to try and soften things up a bit.

The colored lines look better, right? I think I still want to make them a bit darker, particularly around the hair, but overall I feel like they make the illustration feel much warmer and more vibrant.

Fredrik

Finally did something with watercolor again and it came out terrible >.>
That is not terrible! You should see my water color paintings lol, I started drawing on iPad Pro because everytime I tried to put colors on my pencil drawings I ended up ruining them ;P

Fredrik

Hey all, lookin' for some feedback on the above illustration, specifically on the line-work. On the left is original piece, in my normal style (with black lines). On the right is a revision where I decided to color the lines to try and soften things up a bit.

The colored lines look better, right? I think I still want to make them a bit darker, particularly around the hair, but overall I feel like they make the illustration feel much warmer and more vibrant.
Yup I like the one with softer lines more, adds more depth.

I actually played around with that too a few months ago, and went with a lighter and darker side too.

I was inspired by a girl on Instagram called terrance-unchained who is amazing at this one side highlighting, she puts white lines or even bright red or green or blue lines at the edges and really make the drawings pop out. Check her out!

daedalius

That's just plain awesome! Love it! Are you already a published comics artist? You should be!

I'm not, but I want to be!

Glad you like it so far :)

It's awesome! Love the story telling, powerful, fast, superb drawings, great variation!
Do you have an Instagram page? I'd gladly follow your progress :)
My doodles is at:
https://www.instagram.com/jaggafredde/

I am, its here: https://www.instagram.com/michael.galefire/
I'll check yours out as well

Loxley

Yes, by a long shot.

Yup I like the one with softer lines more, adds more depth.

I actually played around with that too a few months ago, and went with a lighter and darker side too.

I was inspired by a girl on Instagram called terrance-unchained who is amazing at this one side highlighting, she puts white lines or even bright red or green or blue lines at the edges and really make the drawings pop out. Check her out!

You guys were right about the colored lines, I've been using them a lot and I think they definitely look better.

I also checked out that terrance-unchained Instagram and wow, her work is brilliant. Definitely following her.

And hey, as long as we're sharing out Instagram stuff, I'm @dyerheroes :)

Fredrik

You guys were right about the colored lines, I've been using them a lot and I think they definitely look better.

I also checked out that terrance-unchained Instagram and wow, her work is brilliant. Definitely following her.

And hey, as long as we're sharing out Instagram stuff, I'm @dyerheroes :)
Yeah she's just amazing, I love her videos of the highlighting process, she makes it look so easy.

I checked your gallery, the drawing you posted earlier with the different line work got a whole other meaning when you had photo with the girl at the side. Same for the other drawings. Life is cruel. I lost my dad to cancer after only a few weeks of illness so it always hit me in the guts mentally when I hear other's stories. 1 more follower for you!

Fredrik

I just tried my wings on animation, a rough walk animation ala Dragon's Crown ;P Holy crap this is time consuming! And this is just 10 frames, I now have the deepest respect for the old Disney cartoonists, change one thing on the character and you have to redo every single frame...
SUX9Qko.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/SUX9Qko.gifv

Edit: hmm the gif doesn't show up for some reason

Solar Eclipse

It's like watching two celestial bodies making out

I'm probably gonna miss the eclipse because I fell asleep or something

IB6k2W7.jpg

Hieronymus Bob

”Now this anus looks a little lonely. You can add one or as many flowers as you like. There are no mistakes. Just happy little accidents."

zQ8Z2oL.jpg

That looks pretty cool! What is the game? Are you at liberty to talk about it?

Thanks! I should have explained better sorry! It is basically a concept art portfolio project based on an idea I was kicking around in my head. There is no real game behind the art (yet!) If I had to quickly describe the gameplay I have in mind, I would say it is something along the lines of Diablo.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Working on new portfolio work since client work is a little light at the moment

DKYAKT3V4AARxmq.jpg:large

Top Bottom