• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As gamers, in 2021 we demand more!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We will get less..
Start of gen is always slow.
Work from home barely shat out 2020 games so 2021 games will be delayed

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
We will get less..
Start of gen is always slow.
Work from home barely shat out 2020 games so 2021 games will be delayed
This is why work from home will never be a permanent thing. People treat it like a vacation and fuck around, they get the absolute minimum done and call it a day.

If people took work, from home as seriously as they did in the office we could all be doing 4 hour days from home forever, but fuckheads ruin it for everyone.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is why work from home will never be a permanent thing. People treat it like a vacation and fuck around, they get the absolute minimum done and call it a day.

If people took work, from home as seriously as they did in the office we could all be doing 4 hour days from home forever, but fuckheads ruin it for everyone.
It's impossible. You can't take all equipment home, company vpn sucks, everything is slow and yeah... The focus is gone

jufonuk

not tag worthy
In 2021, gamers demand more. As gamers, we are satiated beyond measure on good games. But merely being good is no longer good enough. We want, no, we demand a higher standard of greatness, and we demand that the industry altar its practices to suit our demands.

First, the past decade has seen the process of games endlessly rising. We demand lower prices. It has gotten to the point where many gamers are having to make a hard decision between Onlyfans and 3 games a week. As gamers, we demand more!

Which brings us to our next point. There are simply not enough games being released these days. We demand that this mistreatment and oppression of ourselves by the industry cease and desist. This means that companies must work harder and faster to release games. It is unconscionable that games continue to be delayed, sometimes for years on end. Games need to be out faster. It must be added to this that this new found speed not be artificially accomplished. Features cannot be cut. ALL features must be added to EVERY game. As gamers, we demand it!

There is a related demand on the table. That is DLC. Companies nowadays look at DLC as a cash cow with gamers foaming at the mouth to reach the udders. But we don’t want to foam at the mouth. We want the udder now, and always. NOW. For free. No more microtransactions. And that goes for DLC as well. Technically DLC should not exist since it is a feature, but I will allow for companies to add ideas later if they had them AFTER release.

As with DLC, so with patches, or rather the cause of patches. We have seen many major releases absolutely crawling with bugs. I find this so triggering that I barely know where to begin. It’s 2021, ok? Get your game out quick with no bugs. It is not a lot to ask, and yet these companies never learn, year after year.

Another thing happening year after year is the release of new hardware that is somewhat more powerful than its predecessor. As gamers, we are sick to the point of vomiting of having to fork over gargantuan amounts of money for a hunk of plastic that we are going to have to upgrade in 5 years. Any new system should be so powerful that it should be at the bleeding edge of techfor 10 years.

Also again, as with games, so with systems. We have seen numerous delays with getting the PS5 and XBox 4 to make, and when after what feels like a decade of waiting, they are finally released, you have to vomit up 3 months worth of hibernation savings to pay for it. As gamers, we refuse to wait so long for the PS6, XBOX5, and the Nintendo ON. Anything more than 2 years is unconscionable. This is going to take a number of hard actions from manufacturers. EVERYTHING needs to be planned better at all levels, right from the getgo. The plan must foresee all possibilities and eventualities in a rapturous flash of divine inspiration. It must be a perfect plan, a flawless diamond- the philosopher’s stone. And all companies must have it, or they will be bankrupted by our refusal to pay for their product. For my part I can only proffer a few practical suggestions. One is to deal more harshly with the workers who are gathering the raw materials used in manufacturing: pay them less and work them harder. From what I understand, there are large numbers of such workers in western China who are up for the task, as we can see everyday around is the fruit of their manufacturing miracle.

But to return to our original demand, above all, we demand better games. Spending hundreds of hours every week on insipid ‘good’ and ‘great’ games is no longer enough. We just feel empty, like life has more courses on the menu than can fit on the table. We are missing out on a part of reality. The solution is obvious. We need better games to fill the void, gender affirming, BLM games with stories infinitely deep, which pull the veil from reality, putting us face to face, coupled with graphics that allow us to crawl into and get lost in its front hole forever.

But this is not the final demand. As gamers, we demand that our hobby be ethical. Any company that requires its employees to crunch is hellbound. Seriously? Crunch in 2021? We cannot allow it. Moreover we must be sure that the people making our games, our reality, have the right political opinions. An inquisition must be performed on all employees to ensure that they do not hold alt-right opinions, or like them on twitter. We need to be moving everyday closer to the dissolution of capitalism and a kinder juster world. Be better! Do better!

As gamers, we have been oppressed by game companies for too long. Join with us and speak truth to power! All this we want, nay, demand in 2021!
200.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
OP you sound like you’re being a spoilt child saying being good is now not good enough. You claim you are satiated but demand more. WTF?!?
I disagree. Enjoy what you have.

we demand, want.
words like that make you look like a petulant child. Screaming for more candy.
Don’t do that.
imagine those demands you made were made to you on your work/school progress. They say you did good but that’s not enough. Then demand and want more from you.
despite a global pandemic some games knocked it out of the park.

unless you trolling. Then keep the amount of text down

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I think the key to not wasting your time in this current age of gaming where games are really long is just to let go of doing everything, start precising your own experiences, don't do everything even in a game you love if its taking up too much time. I have a bit of a problem with this because I don't feel like I'm getting the whole picture if I don't do all the content in a game, but while I mostly choose to just not play these giant/padded games these days, like the last 3 AC games. Which up until now has been fine because those games have also changed their gameplay/structure/genre in a way I'm not that into anyway, but it did happen with Ghost of Tsushima back in June and I had to put it down. Thankfully that game is enhanced on PS5 so I can go back to it now and its even better so thats a draw to go back.

First time this happened was with Phantom Pain, I've put 240 hours into it and love it so much but I was only on mission 21 or something because I was trying to do everything before moving on. Prey I loved too but clearing everything meant I was halfway through it after 35 hours and lost interest due to the length.

You gotta force yourself to play it more efficiently or just don't play all the content, or you will never have enough time.

Scotty W

Please make more threads like this. Stupid shit like this keeps me coming back here. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Thank you. I take great pride in complaining on video game forums.

Scotty W

You can’t demand higher quality games made faster for cheaper. None of those jive with each other.

You are starting to sound like Veruca Salt.
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF

I want an oompa loopa and I want it now, Daddy.
Even just thinking about it, I find myself still laughing at this post a week later.

Top Bottom