• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley Madison infidelity site's customer data stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReAxion

Check to see if an e-mail address you recognise is part of the database on the web:

Fuck. Busted.

Sites are being taken down because they are providing access to stolen material, so you post more sites that access the same material?

Archer

Sites are being taken down because they are providing access to stolen material, so you post more sites that access the same material?

Ppl were asking. Fox has a website for this story - http://fox2now.com/2015/08/19/ashley-madison-cheaters-list-now-searchable-online/, and Wired does as well -
http://www.wired.com/2015/08/check-loved-one-exposed-ashley-madison-hack/

Since you quoted my earlier statement, you're now doing the same thing. Welcome to the dark side.

Wazzy

Banned
There are so many ways that people break trust in a relationship but get over the fact. I dont understand why some many people get so hung up the sex part.

If a wife or partner just stop wanting to have sex, that should be ground for divorce, with them at fault and have them pay for the whole. Fuck those people, even if its medical and they refuse to let the partner fulfill a huge part of themselves.

Getting fucked and being wanted are something everyone deserves, and if your partner cannot or will not fulfill that. fuck them. They deserve to be cheated on.

The partner can still be a great person and you can love them. They cannot deny you that. Divorce is financially terrible for both parties. A little something on the side to keep an otherwise great marriage together is cheaper and better in the long run until your dick or pussy is useless.

of course all of this predicated that all relationships should work through problems if possible before resorting to gamesharking their relationship.
This is the view of a sociopath. You have no sense of morals nor do you have empathy for people. One of the grossest posts I've read on here in a long time.

Yeah I am not an advocate of websites actually combing through illegally posted data and doing this..

But is it all that surprising to see Family values conservatives continue to be hypocritical pieces of shit?
Huckabee, want to fall on this grenade, too?

Pau

There are so many ways that people break trust in a relationship but get over the fact. I dont understand why some many people get so hung up the sex part.

If a wife or partner just stop wanting to have sex, that should be ground for divorce, with them at fault and have them pay for the whole. Fuck those people, even if its medical and they refuse to let the partner fulfill a huge part of themselves.

Getting fucked and being wanted are something everyone deserves, and if your partner cannot or will not fulfill that. fuck them. They deserve to be cheated on.

The partner can still be a great person and you can love them. They cannot deny you that. Divorce is financially terrible for both parties. A little something on the side to keep an otherwise great marriage together is cheaper and better in the long run until your dick or pussy is useless.

of course all of this predicated that all relationships should work through problems if possible before resorting to gamesharking their relationship.
People should be financially responsible if they want to stop having sex with you? Well then.

I mean, if the relationship is not working, end it by all means. Don't fucking punish a person just because they stopped wanting to have sex with you, holy shit.

THRILLH0

Banned
I have no sympathy for cheaters but the media digging through these files and posting exposés on individuals is totally gross.

mcrommert

Banned

As someone who is married, don't ever get married. There is no room for that kind of selfishness there

ApharmdX

Banned
As someone who is married, don't ever get married. There is no room for that kind of selfishness there

I agree with you, but I think you shouldn't say that. Some marriages work according to his statements. Mine does not, and I think most marriages cannot, but we shouldn't try to define all marriages by our marriages.

KazenY2J

I hope you never get married or have kids.

mcrommert

Banned
I agree with you, but I think you shouldn't say that. Some marriages work according to his statements. Mine does not, and I think most marriages cannot, but we shouldn't try to define all marriages by our marriages.

Whatever he is talking about or anything like it is not a marriage. It's something else

He literally said you should divorce someone if they medically cannot have sex.

Hylian7

I have the world's smallest violin for those-- oh wait, nope, I don't give enough shits to have even that.

This is pure, uncut, karma-powered schadenfreude. Its also so convenient a target that its almost hard to believe the fix wasn't in from the get-go. Its too perfect.

Cheating is wrong, but not deserving of a lifetime of harassment from people on the internet, plus potentially ruining careers, and other things.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/122577/ashley-madison-part-modern-marriage

Hackers often appropriate a language of transparency and access that may sound democratic but is in fact proto-totalitarian. The claim that no zone of privacy should separate an individual from the keen eye of discipline was, as the philosopher Hannah Arendt argued back in the 1950s, one of the common features of last century’s most terrifying political regimes. The Ashley Madison case, where the hackers have combined the rhetoric of transparency with moralizing Victorian language seems like a particularly clear-cut example of using such language for the purposes of bullying and blackmail. On the one hand, Impact Team impugned Avid Life Media for not doing a better job of protecting user data; On the other, they described the users themselves as “cheating dirtbags” who do not deserve to have their privacy protected.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
No time to reply to all the hate, but why isn't it normal to expect your spouse to be there for your needs - physically and emotionally? Sex is the glue that holds a marriage together. If it goes away all you have is a business contract and liabilities.

But I do wonder how many of you so strongly damning cheating spouses have actually been married.

Astral

No time to reply to all the hate, but why isn't it normal to expect your spouse to be there for your needs - physically and emotionally? Sex is the glue that holds a marriage together. If it goes away all you have is a business contract and liabilities.

But I do wonder how many of you so strongly damning cheating spouses have actually been married.

What in the fuck am I reading? That's such an awful, callous point of view.

Walpurgis

Banned

This is the most disgusting post that I have ever read on neogaf, even as a lurker. On behalf of all the angry lurkers reading your post and myself, burn in hell.

Married 7 years.

Your assessment is horrendous.

Arcia

Banned

Ew.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
What in the fuck am I reading? That's such an awful, callous point of view.

Lovin it - how about you refute the point instead of just dismissing it since you don't like it. Tell me then, if it is so callous, what holds a marriage together? Love? Kids? Money? Sex comes from intimacy. If there is no intimacy no relationship will last.

Oh, and this too - yes, even a person unable to have sex medically or who has lost their sex drive should be considerate of their partners needs and still be intimate with them. Hands, mouth, toys - whatever it takes.

dark_chris

Gold Member

Holy fuck! This post is too disgusting. My brain is trying to comprehend the amount of fuck.

What is wrong with you man?

Cheating is wrong, but not deserving of a lifetime of harassment from people on the internet, plus potentially ruining careers, and other things.
Internet assholes are the scum of the earth and I won't justify harassment, but I can't imagine how someone could sign up for a site like this without considering the very real and obvious risks implicit in doing so. Its a giant online database of cheaters and nobody who signed up worried that their information might get out there somehow? That maybe, just maybe, somebody along that long chain of people with access to their information might not be true to their word or commitments? And that's besides any simple hacker foul play.

Police might as well set up a criminals.com site and market it as the #1 tool for criminal conspiracies.*

Its just that stupid.

But hey, that's what the deep web is for

nomis

Lovin it - how about you refute the point instead of just dismissing it since you don't like it. Tell me then, if it is so callous, what holds a marriage together? Love? Kids? Money? Sex comes from intimacy. If there is no intimacy no relationship will last.

Oh, and this too - yes, even a person unable to have sex medically or who has lost their sex drive should be considerate of their partners needs and still be intimate with them. Hands, mouth, toys - whatever it takes.

Forced intimacy from someone with depressed sex drive = sad handjob.

That shit ain't gonna be gluing together marriages any time soon. You quite literally have no position of authority from which to speak on doing "whatever it takes".

Absolutely disgusting.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Forced intimacy from someone with depressed sex drive = sad handjob.

That shit ain't gonna be gluing together marriages any time soon. You quite literally have no position of authority from which to speak on doing "whatever it takes".

Absolutely disgusting.

So it is perfectly acceptable then for the partner to have to suffer? That's even more disgusting.

Walpurgis

Banned
What holds a marriage together is whatever is important to you, I guess. However, that does not justify cheating, not even close. You're free to divorce if you aren't happy with your marriage.

This is selfish and disgusting. Your spouse is not your slave. I sincerely hope that you aren't married.

So it is perfectly acceptable then for the partner to have to suffer? That's even more disgusting.

As hard and as unfortunate as it would be, you gotta end that shit.

You can't punish them.
You can't force them after they try to fix it and fail.

I get what you're saying, but it really doesn't work like that.

Walpurgis

Banned

Have you ever considered the possibility that a married person who is wheelchair-bound is already suffering? Would you seriously cheat on this person?

Al-ibn Kermit

I certainly hope you get into a marriage where your spouse denies intimacy.

Were you in a relationship like that? Did you ever consider that it might have to do with your partner no longer finding you attractive but being afraid to tell it to you like that? Consider if there was any weight gain, hair loss, personality change or whatever and focus on that.

You just don't sound like a guy who's ever been in love.

Dabanton

You make some fair points but man are you wording them way too strongly.

I agree that sex is important within a marriage and when that stops it can make things very strained. Sex lets you know the emotional temperature of your relationship so when it stops that can be alarm bells.

Pau

In which case they need to pay you?

It's one thing to say: "If my partner and I stopped having sex, I would divorce them." And another to say, "If my partner and I stopped having sex, they would be completely financially responsible for the divorce, and it would be completely justified for me to cheat on them during the relationship."

MogCakes

I don't see why people are in a moral uproar. Cheaters are gonna cheat. It's been that way for thousands of years.

It's too easy to just shrug your shoulders, let people say whatever and have the argument be a non-starter. People feel passionately about it, they're gonna argue. This is a forum after all.

Go ahead and google Indian or Chinese views on infidelity. Those two countries are a very large chunk of the global population. What you see may surprise you...
Let's take a look at why this is complete horse shit.

This article has an unclear citation style.
The first two paragraphs in the cultural variation section, which constitutes the majority of that section, has no citation.

The survey that the article centers itself upon was conducted by Ashley Madison. Just from that, the conclusions drawn are already given reason to be suspect. If the sample size only includes those who are users of the service, the results will be skewed, and invariably, it appears this is the case with the statistics cited by the article. It's therefore not a reliable metric for the prevalence of infidelity within Indian culture.

States a desolate 20% male and 10% female affair rate. Let's compare to the good old USA:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/cheating-wives_n_3536412.html
The percentage of men who admitted to infidelity "held constant at 21 percent," while "the percentage of wives having affairs rose almost 40 percent ... to 14.7 percent in 2010."

Not quite so different after all, at least considering reported rates of infidelity. In addition, the Japan article is mainly about Ashley Madison launching in Japan, not a statement on the prevalence of infidelity. The article also carries no references to verify its claims of the culture promoting infidelity. There are valid reasons for the rise of infidelity in Japanese society, but they aren't listed here, nor is infidelity considered the dominant practice. Indeed, the younger generations are opting out of marriage and relationships entirely, rather than cheating.

Focuses on a subset of women that are physically attractive enough to have sugar daddies. Describes the socio-economic, historic, and political conditions that have shaped the materialistic and trophy culture present in middle-class China. The author of this article rides the narrative that women across this giant country are wholesale buying into hookup and sugar daddy culture. Says nothing about whether infidelity is the norm in Chinese culture. In fact, it has little to do with infidelity at all. Mistress culture is, from what this article has described, an open/casual relationship structure, not monogamous.

Answers nothing about why cheating is considered okay, or why it would be okay in Asia/alternate cultures. It merely gives information on Ashley Madison's registered users in the region (which, by the way, isn't much. 80k in Hong Kong, 500k in Japan, and 320k+ from China at the time this article was published). Using Ashley Madison as a metric for the amount of infidelity going on in any country is tenuous at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom