• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley Madison infidelity site's customer data stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walpurgis

Banned
What if you're comfortable though and don't want to deal with the hassle of divorce?

It's tough y'know. Hiding your cheating though? That shit's easy...
It's easy if you don't have any morals, I suppose. If you are not an irresponsible, lying, selfish creature and actually love your spouse then cheating should be much more difficult than divorce.

being married doesnt entitle you to sex whenever you want lol wut
You should see his one of his other posts.
Oh, and this too - yes, even a person unable to have sex medically or who has lost their sex drive should be considerate of their partners needs and still be intimate with them. Hands, mouth, toys - whatever it takes.

Dabanton

You don't cheat. You get a divorce.

If only things were that easy and clean.

Sometimes everything else in the relationship is fine except the sex.

I'm not going to excuse individuals who have affairs thats's their own business, but the sexual side of us as humans just doesn't die when you reach a certain age.

sn00zer

There are so many ways that people break trust in a relationship but get over the fact. I dont understand why some many people get so hung up the sex part.

If a wife or partner just stop wanting to have sex, that should be ground for divorce, with them at fault and have them pay for the whole. Fuck those people, even if its medical and they refuse to let the partner fulfill a huge part of themselves.

Getting fucked and being wanted are something everyone deserves, and if your partner cannot or will not fulfill that. fuck them. They deserve to be cheated on.

The partner can still be a great person and you can love them. They cannot deny you that. Divorce is financially terrible for both parties. A little something on the side to keep an otherwise great marriage together is cheaper and better in the long run until your dick or pussy is useless.

of course all of this predicated that all relationships should work through problems if possible before resorting to gamesharking their relationship.
Ha...hahahhahahah...holy shit this is hilarious...so damn funny

also so incredibly warped its mind blowing

Walpurgis

Banned
Maybe in the culture the poster was brought up in, it does, and any failure to carry out those duties gives them permission to cheat?

We shouldn't judge.

Oh, I'll judge. I'll judge as hard as I can. I don't care if the poster was brought up in a culture of cannibals. That does not excuse uncivilised behaviour in a civilised society. It isn't fair to the spouse and it isn't fair to the children.

If only things were that easy and clean.

Sometimes everything else in the relationship is fine except the sex.

I'm not going to excuse individuals who have affairs thats's their own business, but the sexual side of us as humans just doesn't die when you reach a certain age.
Everything's going to go from "fine" to shit if you're caught.

At that point, you need to talk to your spouse about some sort of open marriage arrangement.
Lying and deceiving is not okay.

Walpurgis

Banned

At that point, you need to talk to your spouse about some sort of open marriage arrangement.

Exactly. If you want to swing, then swing but don't lie. It's completely unjustifiable.

"Oh, but divorce is too haaaard." "It's not my fault the marriage went to shit. She's not satisfying me whenever I waaaaaaant!" "It'll be easier for both of us if I just get my pleasure elsewheeeeeeeeeee!" Immature drivel. These people need to realise that their spouse doesn't know that they are "sharing". They could get STDs from a person they've never met because of the cheater. Or the cheater might impregnate someone/get pregnant themselves.

Into

The only decent options should be, dont cheat and fix your marriage (or try) OR separate, break off, divorce and go fuck whoever you want to fuck.

Cheating is plain degenerate behavior. It pisses on the marriage, the other person, the families involved and possible children, which can be devastating.

Nothing about it is edgy, or open minded, or nuanced or free spirited or enlightened. "But marriage is a social construct" yeah, great Sherlock, then dont get married or get divorced stat. This pseudo intellectualism to explain any abhorrent and degenerate behavior is laughable.

Add in this website, and now you have a character flaw AND you are stupid, as you went and stored your data on someones server, some of these were even .gov emails.

Dabanton

I agree with that and that's what many couples end up doing. As long as it's discreet and brings no embarrassment to the spouse.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sucks for all the spouses who are to find out their so are not who they seem to be. That said,I see a lot of posters who will probably end up eating a lot of crow as they get older. Life has a funny way of making you look real dumb.

Only been married for 2 years so we're in our honeymoon period but I would never try pretend to know what it will be like in 20 years.

MogCakes

According to a couple individuals in here, deceiving your spouse and betraying their trust is completely justified once they stop giving you sex on demand at any time. Why, they should be grateful you're still married to them. Your extramarital adventures is keeping your marriage in tact. Isn't that what matters? Their feelings, thoughts, sense of self-worth and trust aren't what's important here. Let's keep the focus on the big picture. And the big picture is making sure you're sexually satisfied at all times. What else could marriage possibly be for?

I wouldn't know from experience, but I can't imagine that cheating in a sexless marriage would be helpful towards the marriage.

Lying and deceit only foster guilt and provide distance between the two.

Walpurgis

Banned
Sucks for all the spouces who are to find out their so are not who they seem to be. That said I see a lot of posters who probably end up eating a lot of crow as they get older. Life has a funny way of making you look real dumb.

Only been married for 2 years so we're in our honeymoon period but I would never try pretend to know what it will be like in 20 years.
lolwut
pffft, this will kill a marriage. Divorce.

I agree. If someone brings that to their spouse, their spouse will probably tell them to gtfo. The point is to not lie and tell the truth.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
In which case they need to pay you?

It's one thing to say: "If my partner and I stopped having sex, I would divorce them." And another to say, "If my partner and I stopped having sex, they would be completely financially responsible for the divorce, and it would be completely justified for me to cheat on them during the relationship."

Well even tho I didn't say it, denying sex to your partner is grounds for divorce.

Well even tho I didn't say it, denying sex to your partner is grounds for divorce.

That may be true, but at what level are we talking here? Would something as simple as "sorry honey I'm tired tonight how about tomorrow?" be grounds for divorce and/or cheating?

If it's an ongoing thing where one person is sexually unsatisfied, then yeah that can be grounds for divorce. I don't think I'd cheat though - that would make the divorce proceedings more difficult. Why not just divorce and then go nail someone instead of the other way around?

That blew up more than i thought,

Its sucks because i gave everything i had to my ex wife and she just didnt want sex anymore. I got destroyed financially, give up my house and savings just to have the right to have sex. I didnt cheat but i totally would have. I came out like the asshole,because sex apparently isnt a good enough reason to get a divorce. She broke my trust, because i trusted her to have my best interests and needs in mind and she said fuck that.

When entering into any relationships is it generally agreed upon that you will fulfill each others needs within a reasonable. You two then get financially tied. If the other person up find they are no longer horny or ever want sex for whatever reason. That person has broken your trust. If you cannot come to agreement on how to fulfill your needs assuming all of the others are filled. What do you? Especially if you married and that person is financially dependent on you. Getting a divorce would literally ruin their life. They would get alimony and half your assets even though they are breaking the marriage agreement.Cheating isnt great, it destroys many a relationships. But there are situations that is maybe the best option.

Wazzy

Banned

Its sucks because i gave everything i had to my ex wife and she just didnt want sex anymore. I got destroyed financially, give up my house and savings just to have the right to have sex. I didnt cheat but i totally would have. I came out like the asshole,because sex apparently isnt a good enough reason to get a divorce. She broke my trust, because i trusted her to have my best interests and needs in mind and she said fuck that.

When entering into any relationships is it generally agreed upon that you will fulfill each others needs within a reasonable. You two then get financially tied. If the other person up find they are no longer horny or ever want sex for whatever reason. That person has broken your trust. If you cannot come to agreement on how to fulfill your needs assuming all of the others are filled. What do you? Especially if you married and that person is financially dependent on you. Getting a divorce would literally ruin their life. They would get alimony and half your assets even though they are breaking the marriage agreement.Cheating isnt great, it destroys many a relationships. But there are situations that is maybe the best option.

It's interesting and slightly horrifying watching sociopaths justify their actions. So much victim blaming just to make themselves innocent.

I wonder where his line of thinking arrived from.

Man I just have no clue.

Man treating SO's like items or shit you own is just sad but some people think this is the right way. What a disgusting, damn shame.

Opto

Banned
I sure hope those people that used the site to date discreetly rather than cheat will be spared the tar and feathers. Oh wait, they won't.

Or if the hackers modify the list to get create fake accounts for people they have a vendetta against, guess that's just fine too.

Herbs

Banned
I wonder where his line of thinking arrived from.

Man I just have no clue.

Man treating SO's like items or shit you own is just sad but some people think this is the right way. What a disgusting, damn shame.

Not everyone can hold themselves to a higher standard. Some just have to get down in the mud. They feel gross about themselves so they justify their grotesque behavior no matter what. Or in the case of cbhwiztrd, they just establish a new delusional narrative view of the world and try to assign that world-view onto everyone. Once again, at least those people are in the minority of the minority and will never hold any position to sway opinion to their gross side.

Lovin it - how about you refute the point instead of just dismissing it since you don't like it. Tell me then, if it is so callous, what holds a marriage together? Love? Kids? Money? Sex comes from intimacy. If there is no intimacy no relationship will last.

Oh, and this too - yes, even a person unable to have sex medically or who has lost their sex drive should be considerate of their partners needs and still be intimate with them. Hands, mouth, toys - whatever it takes.

Cyber wizard indeed

Cybrwzrd

Banned
That may be true, but at what level are we talking here? Would something as simple as "sorry honey I'm tired tonight how about tomorrow?" be grounds for divorce and/or cheating?

If it's an ongoing thing where one person is sexually unsatisfied, then yeah that can be grounds for divorce. I don't think I'd cheat though - that would make the divorce proceedings more difficult. Why not just divorce and then go nail someone instead of the other way around?

Hmm, well sexless marriages surprisingly enough - do exist. I don't think its OK to cheat over being told no I have a headache. But if you are denied for years? Damn right it's ok.

Can't have sex with your spouse, not allowed to have sex with other people. Enforced celibacy is not healthy.

No one in this thread is going to listen to that.

Can't have sex with your spouse, not allowed to have sex with other people. Enforced celibacy is not healthy.

Then they can leave. Simple.

I feel like some people in this thread are like "theory fighters" in fighting games. You spend all this time talking about the game when you haven't even touched it.

But nah, at least those theory fighters have like frame data and stuff. I don't know what these dudes are basing their wack opinions on.

He's married and cheats on his wife. Of course he's rationalizing it.

Oh, that explains his deal too. Good, I guess I'll keep adding dudes to this ignore list then.

elty

But if you decide to do something, then you always need to prepare the consequence right? Even if the data is never leaked you still have a chance being discovered.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
All you people talking shit about people who have loving relationships outside their married lives are nothing more than spiteful bitter hypocritical misogynistic anti-male oppressive pigs that refuse to let your partner live a little. Why not be excited and happy for them?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
A lot of people in this thread seem to only see in black and white in a world where gray exists. Some interesting posts on this last page alone. You can almost pick the folks who aren't married.

mooksoup

getting less funny..

4JgYbyW.png

All you people talking shit about people who have loving relationships outside their married lives are nothing more than spiteful bitter hypocritical misogynistic anti-aging oppressive pigs that refuse to let your partner live a little. Why not be excited and happy for them?

Almost had me but the anti-aging thing is where you failed!

7/10!

Excuse me?! Its better for you to get divorced rather than get low like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom