• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Origins XB1X Enhancements Detailed – Increased Draw Distance, Faster

Faster ? But still 30 FPS I assume.

I am not upgrading my Pro until I can get 60.

You'll likely never upgrade your Pro then. There will always be games that go for visual fidelity over framerate, no matter how much power consoles end up with. Unless allowing people to choose becomes the norm (which I hope ends up happening), your only option for ensuring 60fps is a pc.

Hawk269

The increased draw distance and objects appearing further in the distance is going to be something we hopefully see a lot with Xbox One X version of games. That extra ram outside of higher res textures is going to do some wonders on games if the devs take advantage of it. I have said it before, but I think the memory bandwidth and memory amount is going to play a significant role in a lot of games on the Xbox One X.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So we're getting options on the settings on this game as well?

Well damn, I hope that's a trend.

JaggedSac

Faster ? But still 30 FPS I assume.

I am not upgrading my Pro until I can get 60.

Faster as in load times. They specifically mention when going from player to bird and back is faster due to increased ram.

Thanks to the additional memory of the Xbox One X console, the game will allow for faster transitions from Senu to Bayek.
The world around Senu and Bayek is constantly loaded in memory, so that when the player comes back to Bayek from Senu after viewing
the world and its opportunities, the transition feels instantaneous.

Yep. Syndicate had decent Pro support but if XbX forces more developers to also add more robust Pro support, I'm all the more thankful for it.

Still contemplating if I'm gonna keep my pro or my X preorder, but it's definitely nice to know that the existence of both should make for better improvements in either case.

Imagine these cities in 4K. :O

I was playing freedom cry for the first time last night and it gave me that AC itch. Your images are making the wait for origins so much harder lol.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Imagine these cities in 4K. :O
ComplicatedBruisedGrackle.gif

FlawedAdventurousGiantschnauzer.gif

I really really want the Anvil Next engine as it is in AC to finally have per object motion blur. These games would look so good with their animation and proper per object blur. Heck, For Honour has it, and that is anvil next... right?!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I really really want the Anvil Next engine as it is in AC to finally have per object motion blur. These games would look so good with their animation and proper per object blur. Heck, For Honour has it, and that is anvil next... right?!
Yes.

Bsigg12

Double the draw distance of a normal Xbox One is pretty god damn great. Will have to hold off to play this until the X is released.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Its really too bad the X is launching so (relatively) late in the holiday period. I feel like i have to make a choice

- pre-order/buy Origins on the 27th and play for a few weeks on a PS4 Pro or One S and then keep playing on an X
- just skip buying Origins at launch and play it later down the road, maybe when all the DLC content patches are out and the gold version of the game is on sale at best buy, etc.

Anyone else feel like this? I love Assassins Creed, I love Egypt, and currently have the regular PS4 (Pro) version on pre order but I am tempted to cancel and just pick up the game later on sale and play on X.

Same dilemma for me right now I would say get it as a first true 4K Xbox one X testament . Anyway, it's always good to wait 1-2 weeks for fixes and patches nowadays.

Top Bottom