• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Ateron

I've been playing it for about six hours and the worst I've seen is a guy in the background stuck to a doorway. Hopefully it gets WAY glitchier later.

Ubisoft's misleading marketing acting up again. Damn.

If the game runs poorly, at least make the glitches more frequent damnit. I demand entertainment! After seeing the things I've seen,man...a simple guy getting stuck in a doorway isn't gonna cut it for me..

smurfx

get some go again
ZY5Yofa.jpg
lolol

FoeHammer

I assumed most of the outrage was over exaggeration and then the game hard locked on me in the first mission.

If it keeps this up I'm going to attempt to take it back to Target. Do they take returns for games that are broken at launch?

AndyD

aka andydumi
The thing is I have yet to see a real gameplay reason for crowds to be that large. They don't do anything meaningful or worth watching, they are not meaningful targets for you, so why have them other than as a tickbox? I don't mean get rid of all of them, but surely they have a crowd density "slider" they could adjust during development to get performance acceptable.

rBose

Banned
I think they should focus on something else that will suit them better, and leave the gaming industry forever.

Like making cotton socks for kids

Grady

Well, all that talk about Microsoft buying off Ubisoft can stop. Ubisoft just knew they were releasing a poor performing game. They would never have achieved 1080 on ps4.

valkyre

Jedi2016

The thing is I have yet to see a real gameplay reason for crowds to be that large. They don't do anything meaningful or worth watching, they are not meaningful targets for you, so why have them other than as a tickbox? I don't mean get rid of all of them, but surely they have a crowd density "slider" they could adjust during development to get performance acceptable.
I was thinking the same thing. I saw one of the vids that had him running through a back alley that was packed to the gills with people just standing around. There's simply no logical reason for that many people to be just standing around outside when nothing's going on.

Big crowds only for the sake of big crowds. And then they complain that they're CPU limited. Fucking hell.

I just read 2 posts before closing the window in order to avoid vommiting on my laptop...

One guy, get this, said that "900p are really awesome! 1080p would make the game look so sharp and cold..."

Fuck. Me. Man... Fuck Me.

That's a fascinating read actually. It's like a horrible car crash that's painful to look at but you can't stop staring at it.

Akai

I just read 2 posts before closing the window in order to avoid vommiting on my laptop...

One guy, get this, said that "900p are really awesome! 1080p would make the game look so sharp and cold..."

I personally don't mind 720p resolution for games, and find it amusing that people complain when a game isn't 1080p, but that's just ridiculous...

Wow so as Eurogamer said, frame rate is noticeably better on xbone - it actually plays smooth enough to feel like a retail product vs PS4 which felt like it was unfinished.

The graphics aren't too sharp and combat is slower than I would like, but I can at least understand the 7-8 scores (on PS4 performance was bad enough that I just didn't get it)

PS4 owners really got screwed over in this release, it DEF needed more time to at least feel playable like xbone version

Handy Fake

Wow so as Eurogamer said, frame rate is noticeably better on xbone - it actually plays smooth enough to feel like a retail product vs PS4 which felt like it was unfinished.

The graphics aren't too sharp and combat is slower than I would like, but I can at least understand the 7-8 scores (on PS4 performance was bad enough that I just didn't get it)

PS4 owners really got screwed over in this release, it DEF needed more time to at least feel playable like xbone version

You bought both?

I'm confused by this.

I don't know why they didn't just drop the NPC number, I mean would anyone have counted. If you try to run anywhere near a crowd forget it. They either need to patch down the numbers or drop the resolution. I remember they buffed Black Flag on PS4 last year. This is practically unplayable.

I don't know why they didn't just drop the NPC number, I mean would anyone have counted. If you try to run anywhere near a crowd forget it. They either need to patch down the numbers or drop the resolution. I remember they buffed Black Flag on PS4 last year. This is practically unplayable.

Thing is though PS4 frame rate is terrible even in the opening segment where there are very few enemies and no NPC's. It seems systemic at this point.

Because a big part of the appeal of this series is accurate representation of historical environments. It was admirable of them to try this, they just didn't manage to pull it off - this time around.

Top Bottom