• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

EloKa

SGz8Ppo.jpg

so there are exactly 3 poses for random NPCs?

Macarena
One hovering in front of the chest
Both hands behind the back?

much individuality, very wow

OMG. Those screenshots are horrifyingly funny! I really liked Assassin's Creed when it's good (e.g. The Ezio Trilogy) so I was really looking forward to this. The parity mess made me reconsider my intent to purchase, but all these reported issues told me that my money is better off going to another game I'm interested in - Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I hope that they'll get sorted out eventually and maybe a complete edition of the game will be out by then. For some reason though, I feel that I shouldn't hold my breath for that.

ironcreed

Banned
The game is an unoptimized mess. Should have delayed the release until the game is actually cooked.

Same could be said for driveclub's netcode.

Publishers should get out of the mindset of releasing unfinished games to appease the masses. Either pare back the scope of your game and wait to release it when it's actually finished.

Even though I am still looking forward to playing, this is the absolute truth.

Sami+

So question, what if all media outlets just agreed to say fuck off to embargos that are past the release date. I mean, it doesn't benefit them in any way. So why would anyone agree to that? I know the reason you normally agree to embargo, is because you have a review copy that you agree to the terms, and you also want to maintain that relationship with the publisher late down the line.

But embargos that are past the actual release of the game? That is absurd.

Thanks a bunch. I had no family or friends in real life (moved to a new state last year when I got hit with it). GAF was the only thing that got me through. If it wasn't for kind people on here, I would not be here right now. I was ready to give up several times.

Really happy for you, dude. Congratulations. :)

Mogwai

so whats the verdict? is the game truly unplayable with the framerate issues? i still havnt opened my copy yet
Common sense, bro. You should have learned that this thread is full hyperbole and technical nitpicking.

I haven't found any reports of the game being unplayable as in 'broken'.

how long till the Review Thread? I cant wait for the fireworks. People, this is why you do NOT support Ubisoft day one, or any other game for that matter, until you know for sure what you will be getting. Glad I held off on this.

Embargo is up at noon EST, so 40 more minutes.

cakely

This is starting to remind me of Rockstar's "State of Emergency" for the PS2.

It featured 250 on-screen characters! 250!!!!

JodokusK

Sigh. I feel guilty for even buying this. I usually try to "wait" for reviews before buying games. I don't want to support bad business practices. I just got trigger happy this week, and got a bunch of digital pre-loads set up. You see, I just beat a year long fight with cancer. And I had my week after my final test set up to...celebrate with a bunch of new games, should I beat it. And I did.

But now I feel bad, because this game runs very poorly. And Ubisoft is pulling some shit that I don't condone or support. I should learn from this company's history. :(

Because...

Fuck this.

Congrats man, really :)

Also, I don't wanna say what you should or should not do... but I'd advise you to learn from Ubisoft's history :p

Matora

Neo Member
Just watching a stream as a mission is finished "Rate this memory" With stars to highlight for feedback. When do they start adding "Invite your friends!"

With the in game shop for weapons that provide more damage and whatnot, all in all I'm getting a good show out of this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
10 fucking studios worked on this game.

too many cooks spoil the broth

too+many+cooks.jpg

MaulerX

This can't be real, is it? OMFG!! LMAO... I don't know, I'm supposed to be getting this later in the mail. Yikes. I guess I'll suck it up and play for the story (haven't missed one yet) and pray for a patch. SMH.

RoylAsult

'unplayable' is a metric that varies for each person

have you played games that are frequently in their low to mid 20s? Did you find them playable?

Then yes, this is playable. Also have to factor in the massive pop-in, endless glitches, 900p resolution, but yeah.. if none of this matters, go crazy RoylAsult :)

yeah, so selling it back now lol. thank you target buy 2 get 1 lol.

so whats the verdict? is the game truly unplayable with the framerate issues? i still havnt opened my copy yet

if it's still in the plastic I would return it and wait for the eventual price drop. by then it will have a few patches to, hopefully, fix the performance problems that plague it.

Ambitious

Frequent framerate in 20s with drops below 20s is a good description of GTA V on last gen (and although I've yet to play with GTA IV, it seems even worse?)

That's a pretty successful broken product ^_^

(I agree, such low framerates are awful, but I felt that in most places, GTA V got a pass for this...)

We're talking about quality here, not popularity. These two things are not necessarily related.

It's not just GTA V that got a pass. Pretty much every game last gen got a pass. And that's shameful for the industry as a whole. Developers, publishers and reviewers failed, but also the manufacturers. They approved those games for certification.

Top Bottom