• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Mononoke

Banned
Hold up, remission? To hell with this game -- congrats!!

Edit: As to the goofy faces -- wow....

Thanks so much. Everyone's kind words mean a lot to me (sorry for not replying to each one, I don't want to de-rail the thread). But I just wanted to say, I had no family to help me out during this past year. I was in a lot of pain and suffering, and could barely get out of bed some days. The treatments were fuckin awful. But reading NeoGAF every day always brought me joy. I would love reading all your posts, and would laugh when GAF would do things like this thread (when the community comes together and has fun when shit sucks). And that always meant a lot to me. It would give me enough joy to get me to keep going.

I also met some people on GAF that gave me (a stranger at the time) complete emotional support. So basically, GAF is my family. When I had no family to support me they stepped in. There were a couple times I really wanted to just give up and stop treatments. But I kept pressing on because of people on here. SO my remission just isn't for me, it's also for everyone on here too (to feel good about). You guys are all amazing. *hugs*

I guess I just wanted to also say, Sunset Overdrive, Horizon 2, Shadow Or Morodor, Bayonetta 2....all of these games made my remission very epic and celebratory. Thanks a lot to these devs for putting out quality games. I know games are often seen as just entertainment. But it can really mean a lot to someone (especially whatever they are going through in their life). And these games really did a fantastic job, and made me feel better. Makes up for games like Unity that disappoint. So I never lose faith in this industry/hobby.

Kinyou

This is the best they could do, guys. They pushed these systems to their limits, getting every ounce of power out of them as they could muster. ;)
Considering the performance it seems like they overestimated their power, parity or not.

I suppose the PC version will be the only one that will run fine.

eizarus

Banned
Thanks so much. Everyone's kind words mean a lot to me (sorry for not replying to each one, I don't want to de-rail the thread). But I just wanted to say, I had no family to help me out during this past year. I was in a lot of pain and suffering, and could barely get out of bed some days. The treatments were fuckin awful. But reading NeoGAF every day always brought me joy. I would love reading all your posts, and would laugh when GAF would do things like this thread (when the community comes together and has fun when shit sucks). And that always meant a lot to me. It would give me enough joy to get me to keep going.

I also met some people on GAF that gave me (a stranger at the time) complete emotional support. So basically, GAF is my family. When I had no family to support me they stepped in. There were a couple times I really wanted to just give up and stop treatments. But I kept pressing on because of people on here. SO my remission just isn't for me, it's also for everyone on here too (to feel good about). You guys are all amazing. *hugs*

I guess I just wanted to also say, Sunset Overdrive, Horizon 2, Shadow Or Morodor, Bayonetta 2....all of these games made my remission very epic and celebratory. Thanks a lot to these devs for putting out quality games. I know games are often seen as just entertainment. But it can really mean a lot to someone (especially whatever they are going through in their life). And these games really did a fantastic job, and made me feel better. Makes up for games like Unity that disappoint. So I never lose faith in this industry/hobby.
I'm commander Shepherd and this is my favourite post on GAF. Stay strong brutha/sista.

mave198

For fuck sake. This is how the temptation begins. as ridiculous as it might seem, I'm thinking of writing an open letter signed by the gaming community to developers and journalists because it's getting to the point where they're not even hiding the fact that they see us a bunch of idiots.

I love the hair as a pro for giving the game a 10.

Complete joke.

Jim's:

ErPZxot.png

It's gone now.
I'm expecting him to tell us that a power surge killed his systems and that's why he doesn't have a review. Then we'll all be disappointed it wasn't a juicer story.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Considering the performance it seems like they overestimated their power, parity or not.

I suppose the PC version will be the only one that will run fine.

Or, we could say the game itself is just a mess on all platforms unfortunately.

The lag in that video appears to be some streaming issue and not be caused due to graphics alone. [Edit: By streaming, I mean level streaming in-game.]

mclem

I just don't get why they didn't just cut down on the crowd sizes if that seems to be what they claim is the big resource hog. No one gives a shit that there are 5,000 people on screen if the framerate is shit.

That's largely why I suspect that the crowd sizes aren't, in fact, the whole story.

Ubisoft has their Biogamer Girl review for their "LOOK HOW GOOD THIS IS" commercial.

EDIT: Oh wait, http://www.biogamergirl.com/2014/11/assassins-creed-unity-video-game-review.html

BioGamer Girl was founded on the power of women and family. BGG continues this mission with our annual beauty pageant. BioGamer Girl although renowned for their expertise in the gaming field have turned their knowledge on gaming, entertainment and beautiful women into an annual event to find the country's most talented gamer girl who has the honor of becoming the next Ms. BioGamer Girl.

I expect this site to continue to be the authority with which I determine my game purchases as well as my one-stop-shop for all things pageantry.

Dragon Age hat problems with FW 2.01 on playstation and FW 2.02 fixed this.

Question is: what if the problems that people had with AC Unity, like framerate issues etc.,
are fixed with FW 2.02?

Top Bottom