• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I have AC1, 2, 3 and Brotherhood. I actually had to check my shelf last night if it was Revelations of Brotherhood as they are all so forgettable I couldn't remember at all. I really wanted to like AC and bought four of the games but it is so, so stale I cannot believe that people look forward to these anymore. Unity looks like more of the bloody same.

For me Revelations was memorably bad because of the tacked-on tower defense stuff.

Hanmik

OC85NLH.gif

quetz67

Banned
A friend got it. He had heard about the bugs but hadn't encountered one. When I asked about the unplayable framerate he didn't even know what that would mean. I am sure the majority of gamers is like him.

Millions of people drink wine at less than 5€ a bottle, which whine experts probably would mark as "undrinkable". It is really a curse.

After the glory that was yesterday I thought - hmm its 2 days until its out in the UK I can probably/maybe/hopefully cancel my pre-order from Amazon and then pick it up when they fix it - contact Amazon - sorry we can't cancel it so refuse delivery or send it back for a full refund.

I often pre-order on Amazon because I don't have mega money and saving 5 or 7 quid here or there on Brand New games is worth it to me but damn when it comes tomorrow do I let it sit and hope they patch it, do I send it back or do I play it in all its broken glory? Tough choices ahead for me tomorrow.

Dazzyman

Just had a couple of bugs. Starting a mission xb1 controller disconnected. Had to press to get back on.

Then had a hard lock logging into uplay via the game

Mononoke

Banned
Putting your ps4 offline fixes the framerate issue

There are so many assassin creed threads I don't know where to post this but, can anyone with a PS4 or PC confirm this?

Anyone know if this works on Xbox One? And if so, how do you do it for X1?

Side note, I was playing a mission and got into a fight with someone. They glitched into the wall and starting flopping around, then fell backwards and just died (didn't even kill him). His neck started tweaking out:

RldIor7.png
DtAFXTG.png

Mononoke

Banned
Some kind of insider joke? I didn't see a glitch. The two guys in the back seemed to move a little awkwardly, but it didn't look that funny.

You really don't see why that's not normal? NPCs in general are buggy as hell. They do weird things (moving awkwardly, not knowing where to be or what to do with themselves).

quetz67

Banned
You really don't see why that's not normal? NPCs in general are buggy as hell. They do weird things (moving awkwardly, not knowing where to be or what to do with themselves).

Haven't played the game so I didn't know they should not be there. To me it looked like they waited for the main characters to end their conversation and so it felt natural they are kinda not knowing what to do with themselves.

GRaider81

So I managed to get a very cheap code for Unity.

Horrible bugs aside I must say the detail is fantastic, especially the interiors. The sheer scale sometimes is quite breathtaking and ultimately over ambitious.

It would also be much nicer playing it in 1080p. Im playing it on X1 and with almost all of my 3rd party gaming time on PS4 if this is what 900p looks like then I pray we dont see it more on Sonys machine.

Cant help but feel from what ive played that if this game was given more time and better decisions regarding npcs etc then we'd have a lovely game on our hands.

zlatko

Banned
Game was really going well for me, and then today in the last few hours I can't break 10 FPS on my PS4.

I can stand still alone in a house, and it is still suttering hard core.

I'm not a big stickler on frame rate drops here and there, but this is literally unplayble for me as it causes motion sickness when it becomes a slide show.

With all the money Ubi has they could've easily just had Rogue be their only game for all consoles this holiday season, and then just given a year of polish to Unity for next year.

I just don't see a patch coming soon enough that can steady the FPS to 30.

*sigh* I'll keep on trucking as I like the game itself. :/ Just have to take a lot of breaks if I star tto feel queezy.

Cirruss

Haven't played the game so I didn't know they should not be there. To me it looked like they waited for the main characters to end their conversation and so it felt natural they are kinda not knowing what to do with themselves.

You should have watched it with sound on. They talk loudly over the top of the conversation the main character is having.

Top Bottom