• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Unity could help rebuild the Notre Dame in Paris

Shin

Banned
Fire has destroyed parts of the beloved Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris recently, and an unsung hero has emerged in the name of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

Assassin’s Creed Unity Could Help Rebuild The Notre Dame In Paris

The famous Notre-Dame de Paris was engulfed in flames yesterday. The historic building that is more than 800 years old is now destroyed. French President Marcon said that the Government would start to rebuild Notre Dame de Paris, however, they have an unexpected source for tracing. Assassin’s Creed Unity.

The Assassin’s Creed games are known for using real historic and popular places in their games. The developers at Ubisoft put a great deal of effort in their research, particularly when they were mapping out Notre-Dame for Unity. For the developers, it takes years to recreate the real world locations. Assassin’s Creed Origins has an exploratory mode called the Discovery Tour. This allows players to view and scope out historical details within the game. It is this where many believe can help restore the Notre-Dame cathedral.

Amazing Attention to Detail
Assassin’s Creed Unity has mapped Notre-Dame de Paris in amazing detail, and it took the designers roughly two years to complete it. Those who are in charge of the cathedral keep copies of the game on hand because they find it to be a great source of reference. The cathedral in the game will be helpful in retracing what is missing in the damaged structure.

Assassins-Creed-Unity-Notre-Dame-Paris-768x437.jpg

Credit: GameLife

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thats cool and all but I have to ask: Nobody else has an elaborate 3D render of it? I would think a globally studied historical landmark like this would have already been detailed inch by inch on paper and software alike.

Mista

Banned
This is a historical place that is well known all over the world. I’m sure someone has a 3D tender of it.

Top Bottom