• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Deep Dive Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn everything you need to know about Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in the Deep Dive Trailer! Explore how to grow your settlement, customize your Viking, and even journey to new worlds as you expand your clan’s influence throughout England… and beyond.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be available on November 10, 2020 on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, as well as on UPLAY+**, Ubisoft’s subscription service, and Stadia. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release on PlayStation®5 alongside the launch of the console from November 12th, 2020.

Last edited:

Denton

First trailer that actually makes the game look good. Still utterly hate the modern UI and the fact that AssCreed baggage is attached to it though.

After Odyssey and its DLCs I am so fed up that I will wait for next year, sale and complete edition.

iorek21

So, North America confirmed as a location as well, nice.

Maybe the game will also go to a proto-Masyaf or something in the Middle East

So, North America confirmed as a location as well, nice.

Maybe the game will also go to a proto-Masyaf or something in the Middle East

Northern Atlantic or more precise only kind of Pearl Island, or did i miss smth (only saw the deep dive triler)?

For a proto masyaf it´s too early, plus Masyaf came only after Alamut, so if something were to be shown i´d expect rather that but even then its still roundabout 200 years...

iorek21

Northern Atlantic or more precise only kind of Pearl Island, or did i miss smth (only saw the deep dive triler)?

For a proto masyaf it´s too early, plus Masyaf came only after Alamut, so if something were to be shown i´d expect rather that but even then its still roundabout 200 years...

Not really sure, probably around the same location of AC3/Rogue:

CCB32D608EB915F0092E7A9814DC6768ADBBCA77

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Reminds me of GTA5 trailer where they explain the game features. Also doesn't feel like Assassin creed anymore.

Last edited:
Not really sure, probably around the same location of AC3/Rogue:

CCB32D608EB915F0092E7A9814DC6768ADBBCA77

ah okay, i haven´t really thought about that since it looks kind of generic but the person as well as the canoe can very well be indian. I assumed the viking armor at 3:35 being the one that can be found on pearl island in rogue.

I wish they'd just go full God of War / Witcher 3 and include monsters and shit. But not like AC:OG or ODY did it. Edit: Not necessarily in an AC game, since we've already strayed far enough.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Graphics all over the place, in some parts looks current gen and in others looks next gen. And the same happens with the animations, some are really rough and bad and others are more smooth and detailed.

I don't know if I'm liking the game design so far.

Looks really good to be honest. I'm not a big fan of classic Ass Creed games, I've bought few (the Syndicate is the newest I have) but not have finished any of them. Maybe this has less sneaking and more fighting.

CrysisFreak

Banned
I've seen enough footage to realize this is almost an exact replica of The Witcher 3.
I mean in terms of quest systems the previous two ACs were like Witcher too so this is not new.
In terms of combat it's not that similar to Witcher anyway. It's more like a bad version of Dark Souls mixed with abilities from the likes of Overwatch or some shit.

PresetError

Neophyte
I mean in terms of quest systems the previous two ACs were like Witcher too so this is not new.
In terms of combat it's not that similar to Witcher anyway. It's more like a bad version of Dark Souls mixed with abilities from the likes of Overwatch or some shit.

Look at the menus, the interface, the color palette, the minigames... It's blatant.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Much more impressed with the footage in the deep dive than I have been every other time I've seen the game. Looking forward to it.

Ozrimandias

Looks fun for a Vikings game
Ubi should get rid of the "Assassins Creed" name and being honest with themselves and the consumers....just make an open-world game in different eras just because they want to and don't force the Templars - Assassins underplot

Reactions: Isa

CrysisFreak

Banned
Looks fun for a Vikings game
Ubi should get rid of the "Assassins Creed" name and being honest with themselves and the consumers....just make an open-world game in different eras just because they want to and don't force the Templars - Assassins underplot
That would be financially unwise. The AC name as a franchise is valuable because of its status. They'd literally sell less copies if they dropped the AC moniker.
Just like COD would drop if they left it out, on an even bigger scale.

• Thoughtful
Oh my, it looks gorgeous imo, easily one of the best looking next gen games so far (although thats not saying much).
Very impressed if this really is 4k/60 on next gen.
I'm curios, what is it that you think looks good about the graphics? (I REALLY don't agree, but I'm not looking to argue, just want to hear your opinion!)

Ozrimandias

That would be financially unwise. The AC name as a franchise is valuable because of its status. They'd literally sell less copies if they dropped the AC moniker.
Just like COD would drop if they left it out, on an even bigger scale.
Yes I know, was a fan of Assassins Creed 'till Syndicate I think......I have zero interest in Valhalla, it's like the franchise it's going nowhere really.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Yes I know, was a fan of Assassins Creed 'till Syndicate I think......I have zero interest in Valhalla, it's like the franchise it's going nowhere really.
But Midgard and Kratos and shit!
You can get up to powerlevel 930 if you buy the Unicorn skin with the Animus Coins and that allows you to participate in the raid of justice against the evil defending Christians when you're a cool ass Vikang.
You better buy this shit day one boyo

Ozrimandias

But Midgard and Kratos and shit!
You can get up to powerlevel 930 if you buy the Unicorn skin with the Animus Coins and that allows you to participate in the raid of justice against the evil defending Christians when you're a cool ass Vikang.
You better buy this shit day one boyo

From murdering a Pope who hides secrets of another civilization in the heart of the Jew-Christian religion and that trascends to a cold war between two of the longest sects in the history of mankind, to killing medusas, travel to Atlantis and stuff

drotahorror

Alright, this looks fucking sick. Never hype for AC game, can't stand them, but this is looking like something I wanna buy.

Andodalf

Banned
This trailer confirming we go to the new world in this game is pretty wild, I kinda glossed over it at first

dV8tR

Neo Member
Wow - this is a solid trailer. The world looks beautiful, lots of gameplay systems and combat looks brutal and furious. Definitely on the radar now ! :lollipop_fire: :lollipop_fire: :lollipop_fire:

Last edited:

Dethavin

Neo Member
To all the people who say this is not a beautiful looking game..... I mean did we not watch the same trailer? The world looks amazing and the combat looks visceral as shit. I'll take that all day long over hiding in crowds and trying to assassinate people for 40+ hours.... Some of you guys have gone loco.

No doubt the trailer looks amazing, tons of content, lots of variety, visceral combat system which we all wanted, but the real question is, was this the PC version and if it is, how close will the next chance systems come to this? We heard 4K 60 but at what graphical cost? If this was running on next gen systems color me extremely impressed

I was seriously not that interested into jumping in from everything I had seen so far (even though I got the game with my cpu purchase), but this deep dive trailer made it looked miles better and I'll try to cram in some hours before Cyberpunk. The music sounds great too :D

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this looks fantastic. Only skipped through the IGN video, but the changes from Odyssey look positive to me, especially how they changed up side quests and went for a "quality over quantity" approach to gear.

Top Bottom