• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Deep Dive Trailer

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This looks awful. Why do these companies keep on tinkering with a winning formula? I played through Odyssey 5 times (twice with the DLC) but I'm not seeing anything here I'm interested in at all.

Burger

basically : why are price not didacted by my appreciation of them ?

That would be a subjective metric. My observations are objective. Whether that matters to you is subjective. AC Odyssey did get a lot of 9/10's so you could argue that the sum of its parts is greater than the general clunkyness you see on display (especially on consoles) - I'm just saying that Odysseys interaction and animation systems were clunky when they arrived - and Valhalla doesn't seem to have greatly improved them.

sertopico

Sounds like the same issues Odyssey had. As much as I loved that game, it was wildly inconsistent.
Yeah, I have the feeling it's even less refined than Odyssey. I was hoping Ubi Montreal was going to do a better job, usually they take care of the most important episodes in the franchise.

martino

edit: build number is video indicate a more recent version
That would be a subjective metric. My observations are objective. Whether that matters to you is subjective. AC Odyssey did get a lot of 9/10's so you could argue that the sum of its parts is greater than the general clunkyness you see on display (especially on consoles) - I'm just saying that Odysseys interaction and animation systems were clunky when they arrived - and Valhalla doesn't seem to have greatly improved them.
i clearly agree with the observations.
ac odyssey is a weird game and a lot of stuff in it can turn you off.
but like you say it the sum of the part that counts.
So i don't really understand the conclusion, why rrp must not be the same based on those observations alone ?

Last edited:

Kenpachii

edit: build number is video indicate a more recent version

i clearly agree with the observations.
ac odyssey is a weird game and a lot of stuff in it can turn you off.
but like you say it the sum of the part that counts.
So i don't really understand the conclusion, why rrp must not be the same based on those observations alone ?

So fucking hyped for it.

Everything in that video sounds great. From visuals to combat system to exploring the map.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
The game does look good. I can't justify the time/money when I know cyberpunk is right around the corner and I have a huge list of games that I'm excited to fire up on the XSX.

Last edited:

scalman

looks great cant wait, Legion is done so now waiting to go deep into this stuff, still have to finish oddysey fully as i just drowned there into all exploration and side missions just random stuff

Last edited:

Kenpachii

But you need the XP.

U can load in story quests that give you loads of experience fast if you need experience, same with money. Or simple do arena. If you really just want to do the main story. however if you play the game normally and just do a few camps on your way u will be fine experience wise. The game isn't that long if you skip most of the trash filler quests which are really all just copy past type of quests.

The same goes for origin on this front, u only do the quest marks until u got enough experience to move on again.

The real time consuming part of odyssey is 100% it will take you about 3 times longer then just completeling the game normally. So yea replaying the game isn't that hard or time consuming really.

looks great cant wait, Legion is done so now waiting to go deep into this stuff, still have to finish oddysey fully as i just drowned there into all exploration and side missions just random stuff

Man i can't wait to dive into the game. however that xbox trailer isn't looking to good. Feel like the game has some steep downgrades for the console versions just to hit 4k and 60 fps target.

Top Bottom