• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Hype Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has gone Gold

ruvikx

Jan 12, 2018

In all honesty though this is the one game where I expect the Ass Creed wheels to come flying off & for the thing to crash into wall of angry youtube reactions & explode into a "bad reception" fireball.

It looks way, way too rough for a next gen title & has had some serious competition in the same genre.

Reactions: diffusionx

Andodalf

Gold Member
Oct 20, 2013
Earth

In all honesty though this is the one game where I expect the Ass Creed wheels to come flying off & for the thing to crash into wall of angry youtube reactions & explode into a "bad reception" fireball.

It looks way, way too rough for a next gen title & has had some serious competition in the same genre.

Have you watched anything they put out last week? It looks to have come together very well

Reactions: Zefah

martino

Apr 25, 2013
France
I watched this one:

the worst you could. most complain he made about gameplay is him not having played previous games and not taking attention to the ui feedbacks (stealh kill with lock, not aiming at the target and expecting prompt , shooting out of range etc....)
a second opinion with more interest and understanding of what is happening will not be a bad thing imo (this guy played stealth understanding how it plays instead of complaining it's not there or working for example)

ruvikx

Jan 12, 2018
the worst you could. most complain he made about gameplay is him not having played previous games and not taking attention to the ui feedbacks (stealh kill with lock, not aiming at the target and expecting prompt , shooting out of range etc....)
a second opinion with more interest and understanding of what is happening will not be a bad thing imo (this guy played stealth understanding how it plays instead of complaining it's not there or working for example)
The video I posted shits all over the game whilst yours plays like a sponsored commercial. So which one is right?

I say people can use their eyes & their recent experience with Odyssey to judge the Valhalla footage they see & the comments they read/hear about the game.

Reactions: diffusionx

Harry Tung

Jun 1, 2018
Sweden
I'm torn on Valhalla. The deep dive video makes the game look great, and when YongYea talks about the game it looks terrible. Probably should wait for reviews or bargain bin. I've only played Black Flag before and didn't like it, but I feel I want to give Ass Creed another shot. Love the Viking setting and the world exploration seems amazing.

Reactions: Yakuzakazuya

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
This game looks awful. It looks like Ubi ran this style into the ground after only 3 games. Considering how much better Legion and Immortals look i think Ubi should have delayed this and took it back to the drawing board.

Reactions: TintoConCasera

martino

Apr 25, 2013
France
I'm torn on Valhalla. The deep dive video makes the game look great, and when YongYea talks about the game it looks terrible. Probably should wait for reviews or bargain bin. I've only played Black Flag before and didn't like it, but I feel I want to give Ass Creed another shot. Love the Viking setting and the world exploration seems amazing.
All i can say to you is Yonyea gameplay problem (the others ones especially visual one are there for sure) are not there.
he shoot arrow when out of range (cross-hair become red when you will hit)
you can't use stealth kill locking an opponent and you need to aim at them (blank dot on them) to have the prompt.
those are hardly new things and present in previous games
so at least his gameplay problems should be ignored

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
I never cared for Assassin's Creed, but that deep dive video did look great. But I almost feel like it was made to make the game look better than it is, so I'm still hesitant, lol.