• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 2 Info from Game Informer (no scans)

Zapages

destinrl on Ubi forums posted this. :)

*SPOILERS*

Sooo I'm looking at the new Game Informer right now, and it tells a few thing but only has one new image, the one we already have, the 5th one.

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe thing, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED FLY AND THERES A PICTURE OF IT.
and thats just what I got from the pictures. I'll let you know more details as I read more.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain ful strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5551025747/p/17

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Sounds great. Too bad I'm still slowly moving through the first one. It sometimes really feels like a chore to get anywhere.

ezekial45

Banned
Excellent! At least 3 of the issues i had with first game have been addressed. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Between the 240 people surely they'll conceive more than 4 different missions right?

Edit: I lose at reading, i'm happy to hear it though. It was the only complaint I had with the first.

Guled

Cat in the Hat said:
Between the 240 people surely they'll conceive more than 4 different missions right?
if you read the OP there are 16 now.

It looks like they are fixing all the problems I had with the first game, if they can pull it off this could be the GOTy

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Please no crappy deus ex machina this time.

Thanks.

devilhawk

Guled said:
if you read the OP there are 16 now.

It looks like they are fixing all the problems I had with the first game, if they can pull it off this could be the GOTy
Which is about 15 more than last time.

I sooo wanted to like the first one.

KevinCow

Banned
If the combat is less shit and the enemies aren't all, "HEY THAT GUY'S RIDING A HORSE FASTER THAN WALKING SPEED, HE'S CLEARLY AN ASSASSIN, KILL HIM!" I might give it a shot.

Akai

WickedLaharl said:
sounds good. except the flying part

davinci_design.jpg

You know you want to!

Goddammit am I the only one who enjoyed the first game?

I am also having a lot of fun with Godfather 2 right now... maybe my quality meter is broken. :-(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zapages said:
I doubt about that... As they mentioned they wanted Project Assassins to be a trilogy...

I've got no problem with the story being a trilogy and leaving certain plot elements unresolved until the very end. I just have a problem with a game ending in no closure, using a shitty device to explain away plot twists, and said device's functionality being explained as 'just because'.

Assassin's Creed was a bitchin' build-up of suspense and mystery in the plot, until it all came crashing down at the end. Never again, please UbiSoft.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
16 unique missions? Need to hear way more about this. Pickpocketing being gone does not impress me straight out :D

I loved Assassin's Creed and I like what I read here.

The original was flawed, but still very enjoyable. If this game can fix those problems and deliver an experience similar to the first, then we could be looking at something special.

I wonder if they'd ever try and do Assassin's Co-op....

16 does not necessarily mean 16 things as fun as assasinations. It might mean things like climbing towers or what have you. The developers have to bear the burden of proving they can make their missions actually fun before I get excited.

Zapages

EatChildren said:
I've got no problem with the story being a trilogy and leaving certain plot elements unresolved until the very end. I just have a problem with a game ending in no closure, using a shitty device to explain away plot twists, and said device's functionality being explained as 'just because'.

Assassin's Creed was a bitchin' build-up of suspense and mystery in the plot, until it all came crashing down at the end. Never again, please UbiSoft.

Quoted from FTW!!! I mean I agree with you!!! But I was expecting something like that, basically I felt the journey was more important then the end. Oh well. As Altair you were able to accomplish, if they use Desmond again as their puppet, I hope Ezio is more questionable about the events as Desmond is able to control him a bit more... Instead of being someone who is watching a dream...

Also I am keeping my expectations low just as I did with Assassin's Creed to which I was able to enjoy in short play times... I have to say Assassin's Creed was more memorable than the new Prince of Persia game... That is all.

I'm intrigued. The original didn't turn out too well, but I did enjoy it for the most part. As long as Ubisoft can really just fix the repetition and combat, this could really turn out great.

-Winnie-

Personally I liked the first game, so all the improvements they're listing should make me enjoy the sequel even more. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

I know it's not included in the listed weapons, but I'm still hoping you get to use a gun at some point. I'm pretty sure one of the members of Medici family was assassinated with a crude, fuse based rifle during that time.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Fuck yes. :D

I loved AC1, even though I never actually finished (probably going to rent it again to finish it), but I can't wait for AC2.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Next week's Gamer Informer is supposed to have a lot of screenshots.

First one wasn't that bad, it just wasn't that good either. It also didn't come anywhere near to living up to its enormous hype. Not sure all these little additions are so important, I'd rather they just flesh out what they started with the first game.

Raist

Banned
If they indeed got rid of the repetitivity and the PS3 version isn't a clipping, tearing POS, I'm in.

First one was like a huge miss that could have been hit. IMO.

iamcool388 said:
Goddammit am I the only one who enjoyed the first game?

I am also having a lot of fun with Godfather 2 right now... maybe my quality meter is broken. :-(

No. I loved it. One of my favorite games.

If anyone says the first game wasn't good, tell them to go suck a bag of dicks.
Usually what I do. Worked out pretty good for me. Besides the 3 bans and the lawsuit.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Couldn't get through the first one, but the improvements in this entry sound very promising... on paper.

Epcott

The first game was ok, but it was hella repetitive.
You hop to one town, find all the look out points, do a pick pocket or assassinate a guy after getting info, move on to big assassination. Move to new town and check all the look out points, repeat, yadda yadda.

I'm hoping there is more of a stealth element to the game, like I would love to be able to blend in as someone other than just a monk. That was cool in the opening cinema and demo, but it wore thin after the countless times that followed. Not to mention, more interaction with the world would be nice too. Visit a the home of an NPC on the way to a major city, go fishing for food, learn a talent or two (like better climbing ability by climbing cliffs).

Plus, there needs to be more citizen hazards besides a toothless begging woman and violent idiots that push you around.

I know I'm asking for too much. As long as they fix that repetitive issue, I'm happy. Not to mention, making Desmond a little more playable. Let's see him climb some sky scrapers or at least walk around outside lol

vpance

The whole mission type stuff seems to let them copy paste alot of elements to expedite gameplay design. It could just be more variations of mundane things. Instead of like Hitman, which I'd like to see, where each level design and scenarios are very creative. But that would probably take alot more time and effort.

Kusagari

The only way I'll think of touching this is if they flesh out the combat system. With all the different weapons and enemy types, it sounds like they'll have to though which is good.

sciplore

:D

Course I still need to get around to beating the first game but I hope to to finish it up one of these days.

I enjoyed it, sure it was repetitive but the game just carried this immersion and exude this interesting world that I cannot simply explain but yet I loved so much. I can see why people would hate it but to me it was all kinds of awesome.

Please no out-of-place American accent for the lead character; his accent should match all of the other characters. It was my biggest criticism of the first game and broke it for me :(

I know you can argue that they shouldn't even be speaking English, but English in some sort of local (i.e. Italian in this case, arabian in the first) accent has to be the sweet spot.

Bluecondor

I liked the first game, so it was probably going to be a day one purchase for me no matter what....

But - Lorenzo Di Medici and Niccolo Machiavelli in a video game.... Just incredible. This is now my most anticipated game.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Sounds great. Looks like they're making an effort to address all the complaints people had with the first game.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Now that I own a PS3 and it sounds much improved, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Kyoufu

Captain N said:
I just hope we get to spend more time playing as Desmond.

Erm no.

The whole point of Assassin's Creed is to play the part of a badass Assassin named Altair.

NOT SOME SCRUB NAMED DESMOND! :(

kaskade

I remember when I was playing AC I did enjoy it but the whole time I was thinking how I wanted a sequel because they would fix everything that wasn't fun. It looks like they are doing that, and I can't fucking wait.

Captain N

Kyoufu said:
Erm no.

The whole point of Assassin's Creed is to play the part of a badass Assassin named Altair.

NOT SOME SCRUB NAMED DESMOND! :(

I would love it if he gets his 'memory' back and becomes a badass Assassin in the present time. Of course they will probably drag it out a few more games before that happens.

Top Bottom