• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (Vita) revealed in Game Informer, [Large Update In OP]

tusken77

Just had a thought. We want a good balance of males, females and, uh, creatures in the roster. So, Aveline to appear in Battle Royale? A strong, interesting, agile female character ready to bring her machete, pistols, muskets and grenades to the party. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

Just had a thought. We want a good balance of males, females and, uh, creatures in the roster. So, Aveline to appear in Battle Royale? A strong, interesting, agile female character ready to bring her machete, pistols, muskets and grenades to the party. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.
She will more than likely be the third party representative of he AC franchise in Battle Royale considering she is a Sony 'exclusive' character as of now, sure.

Strong? Interesting? We barely know anything about her and you seem to be idolising her already. If we do get an AC character in Battle Royale it's much more likely to be Ezio or Altair who are more recognisable and have known personalities.

tusken77

She will more than likely be the third party representative of he AC franchise in Battle Royale considering she is a Sony 'exclusive' character as of now, sure.

Exactly my thinking. Strong, interesting female character, agile, plenty of weapons, good promotion for the game/Vita. Ticks lots of boxes.

Great, people finally got their female assassin. You can stop begging for one in every AC thread now.

I'll pick this up when it's inevitably ported to PSN and XBLA after the Vita version fails to make back the development cost.

yurinka

I think this game looks promising considering the info posted in the updated OP, but I spot a mistake they already had in Vita with Uncharted Golden Abyss :

Even if it's a brand new game, its release it's too close to the release of a new console game of the same IP. It that case Uncharted GA and Uncharted 3 were close, but here its released the same game than Assasins Creed 3.

So I think that it can hurt initial sales, because some fans of the IP will be interested in both games but won't be able to afford both, and they will pick the bigger one only, or to wait for some months / a price drop for the portable one.

Look at Nintendo : their games are spaced by years so their fans have time to buy all the iterations of their favorite IPs, be hyped and to buy it at full price.

Even if it's a brand new game, its release it's too close to the release of a new console game of the same IP. It that case Uncharted GA and Uncharted 3 were close, but here its released the same game than Assasins Creed 3.

This is the biggest problem this game has. Even if you're willing to drop $100 to get them both, how many people really want to play 2 Assassin's Creed games back to back? I'm normally pretty burnt out on these games when I'm about 80-90% through one of them.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I wonder if this is just Ubi trying the new platform or it's because Sony money hat ( Like Nintendo and Monster Hunter).

I think this game looks promising considering the info posted in the updated OP, but I spot a mistake they already had in Vita with Uncharted Golden Abyss :

So I think that it can hurt initial sales, because some fans of the IP will be interested in both games but won't be able to afford both, and they will pick the bigger one only, or to wait for some months / a price drop for the portable one.

Yup,This need to be released in the middle of the year, at least 6 months after AC3.

daffy

Banned
Ubisoft put plenty of games to come on during the holiday, usually even the same days. Look at 2011 . Its not a mistake, they know what they're doing.

yurinka

I wonder if this is just Ubi trying the new platform or it's because Sony money hat ( Like Nintendo and Monster Hunter).
I bet it's a money hatted time exclusive in order to get big exclusive 3rd party games at the start of their new portable lifetime. Like Nintendo and Monster Hunter.

I assume 3DS will be capable to move a decent version of this game, it's the only reason that I think it can avoid a 3DS port. Ubi and Capcom love to port as much as they can in order to get the maximum revenue with the minimal effort.

Yup,This need to be released in the middle of the year, at least 6 months after AC3.
That's a good point, at least both 6 months after the last one and 6 months before the next one is perfect.

That would be a terrible idea considering she only has one game to her name and it may be terrible.

Sony has more than enough great exclusive characters, and potential exclusive characters as it is.

yurinka

That would be a terrible idea considering she only has one game to her name and it may be terrible.

Sony has more than enough great exclusive characters, and potential exclusive characters as it is.
Yes, but I think they'll add a ton of characters, specially considering that Sony loves to release tons of little DLC for their games. See Motorstorm RC as an example. And it seems way more important than Fat Princess, who also has only a (PSN) game, which wasn't a super important title and has been included in Battle Royale.

It would be the typical Sony style of money hatting 3rd party exclusive stuff : they don't pay them money directy but they give them extra marketing by including it in their sazzle videos, Playstation Blog, Qore / similar videos, E3 conference, LBP / Home / Battle Royale DLC, more important coverage in official Playstation magazines, TV commercials, etc.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't know how to tell you this, but... Nathan Drake isn't black.

Lol. Are you sure? He does have dat swagger!

Anyway, you know what I mean, dammit! Lol. I'm of black, creole, and samoan ancestry (my father is creole and samoan), so this is really cool to see. Damn, I can't wait to see more of this game. AC on the Vita!!

neptunes

This is Meant to sell during the holiday 2012, anyone who will buy a Vita during end of the year may not have any other high profile game to choose from. They'll most likely pick up AC3: L

Jeru

Neo Member
I saw that in some of the previous posts people were saying that only "tech work" was done in Ubisoft Sofia for Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, but that is wrong.

Shadow Wars was entirely created by Ubisoft Sofia and is still one of the best games for the 3DS. Though the studio may not have an impressive portfolio of AAA titles, it actually hasn't created any bad games so far.

The Ubi Sofia team has grown quite a bit for the AC project, so... have faith in the project. ;)

Top Bottom