• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (Vita) revealed in Game Informer, [Large Update In OP]

So it's the Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars folks behind this (also by Sofia).

Shame we didn't get the 3DS Lost Legacy, that was by Ubisoft Quebec right? It got re-purposed as Revelations didn't it?

Jb

Will wait for gameplay video until then i shall have no expectations.

Pretty much. I didn't even bother with Bloodlines even though I love the franchise and the studio has a piss poor track record. Still, if they pull it off I'd love me some AC on the go.

Tratorn

Man, Infos are great besides the developer.
I hope all the best for the version.

But release-date is dumb... :/
Everyone will buy AC3 for PS360 instead of a spin-off on vita.

Xiaoki

I'll remain cautiously optimistic until we see more. I think these guys may surprise a few people.

Gotta have Vita brand Doom and Gloom either way.

Before - Vita has no games! Doom and Gloom

After - This game we havent seen or played sucks! Doom and Gloom

Yeah, it very well could suck but I'll wait until it comes out to pass that judgment.

I'm interested to see more. Now that we have a console that has controls that work as 3d game spin offs of console games I'm much more interested in them. The problem of the PSP wasn't that console fanchises were getting portable entries, that's existed and continued to exist on handhelds forever (MK, mario, RE, etc), its that most sucked due to them attempting to make games with a worse control scheme.

I don't care about the release date, the game isn't going anywhere.

Dusky

Finally, a female protagonist. They took their time.

Releasing same day as Assassin's Creed 3? Not a good idea if you ask me.

VanWinkle

Hmm, I like the sound of this. I'll take a wait-and-see approach considering the dev (nothing against them, just that they don't have a proven track record). I hope it's good.

StuBurns

Banned
well, it'll probably have a bundle version and there's gonna be some connectivity features between the two.
Well assuming those people only have PS3s and Vitas (because most likely the other three SKUs will all be superior), and they're very dedicated to the franchise, sure. But I imagine there are more people who wouldn't buy two of the same franchise at the same time, and those people would be more inclined to buy a Vita specific AC at some summer drought, and all the hardcore fans would also buy it at that time.

ImLibo

Game will take place in "Large gameplay areas,you can run,climb,fight,and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area."

Cookie18

Even as someone who has lost interest in the series due to too many releases this was sounding really good.

Then that developer :/ Maybe they can prove everyone wrong with this but I'm not entirely optimistic about that prospect.

Yeah i just got the latest gameinformer and it has a preview of Assassins Creed 3:Liberation
For vita also stars a Female assassin!

•Its out same day as AC3 (oct30)
•Location is New Orleans
•Female assassin named Aveline
•Looks like same time period as AC3
•ubisoft sofia is devolping
•takes place during 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the french and indian war
•one of the bullet points is that it's "true AC gameplay"
•will not connect to desmond
•will have "multiplayer specifically tailored to the vita experience"
•"the game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo,who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a templar"
•Aveline's mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans

•Wildlife like alligators "wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters"
•Liberation will also take players across the Gulf into Mexico"
•Game will take place in "Large gameplay areas,you can run,climb,fight,and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area."

It says she's of mixed heritage french/black

Yummy

Khezu

A black female protagonist? Cool.

I don't have a vita or care much for handheld gaming, but I hope this turns out awesome.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Atleast they are not porting AC3 straightly, tho I have no doubt they will be using a lot of assets of that game.

Now the real question is how it will interact with AC3 on PS3.

Glad it's not a straight port. I want more things to play on the Vita, but anything that is ALSO on PS3, I'd rather just play on there.

And two good games are better than one, so here's hoping it's good.

B.O.O.M

Am I missing something here? The devs past work, doesn't give reason to be 'negative' about a game we don't know anything about yet. They haven't done any bad work yet just nothing major. I for one am cautiously optimistic. The setting and details sound fantastic

Top Bottom