• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 3 PS3 “includes 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay.”

Ragus

Banned
This generation, this fucking generation man...

I bet that those 60 minutes are full of immersive and epic gameplay.

#gamechanger

Installation time doesn't count as gameplay

ibuh61HGM91oNw.gif

Danny-Boy

Got the PS3 freedom edition all paid off. Looks like I'll have 2 extra missions plus an extra PS3 exclusive mission. Keep em coming Washington.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I have a PS3 and I hate this. Makes you realize that there's still somewhat of a stupid console war going on.

I have a PS3 and that's exactly why I hate exclusive contents, considering how much exclusive shit 360 gets compared to PS3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have a PS3 and that's exactly why I hate exclusive contents, considering how much exclusive shit 360 gets compared to PS3.

A lot of 360 content is usually timed, which still sucks but atleast it evens out eventually. This stuff is just dumb.

Boss Man

I'll be playing this on PS3 and I still find it annoying.

I wish there were more third party exclusives (exclusives give consoles more character!), but not like this.

I really hate exclusive content. It's worse than exclusive games, some serious bullshit.

Don't forget the 900 different editions all having some "exclusive" in-game whatever.

I've lost track of how many different "exclusive to (insert platform/edition here)" things there are in ACIII. The only they're doing is encouraging people like me to NOT buy it until a catch-all GOTY version comes out.

StuBurns

Banned
Don't forget the 900 different editions all having some "exclusive" in-game whatever.

I've lost track of how many different "exclusive to (insert platform/edition here)" things there are in ACIII. The only they're doing is encouraging people like me to NOT buy it until a catch-all GOTY version comes out.
That is horrible. Although that stuff usually comes out eventually via DLC.

How'd Revelations run on PS3? I never considered getting it on there because all the previous games ran better on 360. It'll be the same case with 3, whichever one runs better, content be damned.

Shahed

I would have gotten the game for PS3 regardless, but it's still annoying.

There shouldn't be 3rd party exclusives at all. The only exceptions being if it's down to system spec, or collaborations like Demon's Souls (Sony/From) or P100 (Nintendo/Platinum)

Companies should create their own exclusive content

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hate this shit. Retailer/platform/pre-order exclusive content can rot in hell.

60...minutes...that is the slimmest non costume exclusive content I think I have ever heard of hahahahaha.
Its probably 2 buildings in the center of an otherwise empty plaza and by running around it 1000 times in your gameplay to win the game, it equals 60 minutes.

They're doing this timestamp crap for Far Cry 3 too I believe.

Installation time doesn't count as gameplay
iq0AR3YbZxKnR.gif

The silver lining as it were is that usually this platform exclusive content isn't all that hot. Think about it from a developer's point of view, why put a whole lot of time and attention into anything that only half your customers are going to see.

The silver lining as it were is that usually this platform exclusive content isn't all that hot. Think about it from a developer's point of view, why put a whole lot of time and attention into anything that only half your customers are going to see.

Because the first party is paying them to do it? Obviously the money is enough to make up for the extra dev time and testing.

Top Bottom