• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered Trailler

MadYarpen

I remember for some weird reason I liked the original. Probably thanks to environments, especially winter. I may even buy this, 2nd one also got remaster, right? So that to.

Funny thing that recently I played AC Origins, and was quite disappointed... For example, hunting for resources was fucking awful, and it reminded me that there was also hunting in AC:3, and it also mattered for some reason - but I don't remember it being so terrible and annoying.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
AAAHHH I've been WAITING for them to finally show this off!
Not as big an upgrade as I was hoping, but whatever fine it's still an excuse to replay AC3. Looks like a better upgrade than the Ezio trilogy got.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wish they would have said more about how they plan to tweak the gameplay. That's really all I care about.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is free for Odyssey season pass holders, right?

Pretty stoked.

Shin

Banned
Is this NPC blind or what's wrong with this eyes?
I like how colorful/lively it looks now, all these remasters/remakes just makes me feel good about skipping this gen.
aafad1d9cb.jpg

Last edited:

Hudo

You know, I've actually come around on AC3. Sure, it's not as good as the "Ezio Trilogy" but it is not bad. The only thing I'm still mad at is how Ubisoft have handled the Desmond arc. I was actually one of the few who liked the modern day stuff with Desmond up to AC3...

I had actually hoped for an AC where you'd play Haytham as the main character.

thelastword

Banned
Nice, all this game needed was some good perf....I think this was the most hyped AC ever, still remember those draw dropping trailers back then......

cormack12

Gold Member
There's a good game in ACIII. The things that killed it for me was extra objectives in the frontier and the amount of rooftop guards. It was tedious seeing the alert indicators lighting up from across the roads. Just killed the fun. I didn't particularly like the Homesteads either but I'll give them another go.

VulcanRaven

My favorite game in the series. I really liked it when it came out so I will definitely buy this.

Last edited:
DEV: How should we remaster this captain?
MANAGEMENT: Up the resolution and add a piss filter the people will bathe in it and want more!
DEV: Yes, YES! OF COURSE! Right away sir!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yes it’s free for season pass holders. You can get it with the $100 gold edition.
I personally didn’t care for AC3 at all, as a huge series fan before that entry.

But who knows, maybe I’d like it if I played it today. Funny how that goes sometimes. Regardless, I think it’s cool they’re including the Liberation port in this.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I love the orange filter slider. We need more orange!

BTHR Zero X

I have to ask since this is blowing my mind right now.

Where is all this positivity coming from?

Why is everyone praising the game all of a sudden? when it was first released everyone hated it.

I myself after beating thought it was one of the weakest games in the series, but all of a sudden people are eating it up to be the greatest. This is the same game from all those years again just with a face lift and without the horrid MP.

Quezacolt

Why is everyone praising the game all of a sudden? when it was first released everyone hated it.

I myself after beating thought it was one of the weakest games in the series, but all of a sudden people are eating it up to be the greatest. This is the same game from all those years again just with a face lift and without the horrid MP.
Im wondering the same tbh. I don't hate the game or anything like, there was stuff that i did enjoy, but not as much as previous games or the ones after. The only thing i truly enjoyed from AC3 was the naval combat

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I loved the game when it first came out. I didn't think it was as good as the Ezio trilogy, but it did a lot of things right.

This is serendipitous as I was recently thinking of playing 3 soon.

I know it didn't get a great reception originally but the setting always made me highly curious.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Dat Theme Music
Don't care what anyone says but...
The Best Assassin's Creed in the series.

Ass Creed 3 had my favorite combat in the series. The loop of using single fire muskets and such feels so good. Also the animations are were top notch. I remember being disappointed with all the clipping that was going on in Black Flag. Also the intro music when Hameth (whatever his name was) first sees Boston was outstanding.

Stuart360

Always liked the 3rd game, i never understood the hate. Having said that, it will probably feel a bit weird going back to the early games after getting used to, and loving, the new RPG style of Origins and Odyssey.

Zewp

With a remake it's natural that it's going to draw discussion mostly from those who liked it back in the day. There isn't really an awful lot of reason to get involved in discussions about a remake of you didn't like the game to begin with.

Hence why it feels like there's a lot of love and little hate, but in reality it's the same it's always been.

Last edited:

scalman

But you get all lighting and real shadows that where not there in original. Think of it as sunny version of ac3. Lots sun and bloom

base

Banned
29 March. Hmm, the Brexit day. Simply a coincidence or Ubi hates the British for the American Revolution.

Frizzie

Banned
I'm really surprised to see this!

I have this game sitting in my PS3 backlog to play and nearly everything I have read about it says it's the weakest game in the series. I'm sure I will really enjoy it though as I feel I have a low standard in games as lots of my favourites are disliked by many.

I have read that because of the era and locale there is less of the vertical traversal in the game. I'm kind of looking forward to this as in previous titles the temptation was always to go up instead of getting amongst it all.

So far I have played AC1 and the Ezio trilogy. Someone mentioned the Desmond arc earlier and my prediction/hope was that the AC timeline would continue towards modern day and in a final game you would play as Desmond in the modern era. I obviously now know this is not the case, the Desmond arc was finished and the timeline jumps around. It's clear AC will keep being pumped out as long as it sells so there probably is no clear story arc.

But I will play the vanilla PS3 version and I'm sure I will enjoy it as much as the others.

Last edited:

Paasei

It still has the best combat/execution animations of the entire series. Always felt amazing to smoothly use someone as a human shield and then bash someone's skull in with the axe.
I just wasn't a big fan of the frontier area, because it felt like there wasn't a great deal to do apart from hunting and climbing trees.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Can't wait.

It's the reason why I sprung for the Season's pass.

I like how Ubi is giving us remastered games as a part of their season pass. Far Cry 3 was a nice addition to the Far Cry 5 pass.

I'm holding out hope that when the new Trials comes out they do a remaster of Trials Evolution so everyone can experience that masterpiece :)

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Always liked the 3rd game, i never understood the hate. Having said that, it will probably feel a bit weird going back to the early games after getting used to, and loving, the new RPG style of Origins and Odyssey.
The hate comes from the fact that it was bloated with tons of busy work sidequests that got you literally nothing for completing them other than a checkmark, the sims-like homestead stuff was more chore than fun, the secondary full sync objectives were very tedious (chase someone down without running into anyone) and a crafting system that was such a pain to use that almost nobody even knew the game had one. And fuck that lockpicking (it was worse in AC Unity though)!

That's why I am so interested in hearing/reading about the gameplay tweaks. If they improved somethings in the list, it becomes a drastically better game.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It would be really interesting to compare the native Xbox One X upscaling tech of the original to the remaster D dark10x
What would be interesting about it?

BC AC3 is not currently X1X enhanced and is still running at it's native 360 resolution on the One X and One S. No amount of upscaling will make a native 720p (?) game remotely comparable to a native 4Kish game. The remaster is going to look light years better. To give a sports analagy it's like saying you'd be interested in seeing how a Pop-Warner football team compares to the New England Patriots.

Last edited:

Raven117

I don’t need to play it again, but ac3 is a good game. Conner was a protagonist that actually struggled with who he was. What he was doing, motivations, etc.

And damn did I like that tomahawk

nkarafo

This reminds me of the piss filter in every racing game during the late 2000's - early 2010s.

Looks awful.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The original looks much better in this video. I like the original lighting more and it makes the characters look more detailed. Why would they change it?

Edit: The remastered video is in lower quality so it might not be accurate comparison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom