• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag shipped 11 million copies, Just Dance 6 million

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

L~A

6 millions for Just Dance? Pretty good news for Nintendo then, since the Wii SKU was, by far, the best-selling one.

Looks like they didn't give a platform breakdown for their sales... I'd love to know whether the Wii U has gone down even further compared to the last financials.

Ape

Banned
AC is getting so meta I can't keep up with it as far as the story goes outside the animus. I did like AC IV more than III.

danthefan

I really enjoyed AC4, but tbh if they put the same free running and combat mechanics into the next one I'm not going to buy it.

Bricky

As long as AC and Just Dance sell well Ubisoft will be able to take a bit more risk with their other games since it puts a lot less pressure to sell extremely well on them (Rayman Origins, Child of Light, Far Cry 3, hopefully Beyond Good & Evil 2), so this makes me happy.

To be honest, I think I like Ubisoft best out of all big publishers nowadays. They seem the only ones to really know what they're doing while having both quality output and good revenue. Hell, call me crazy, but I even enjoy uPlay for its reward system.

K' Dash

I'm actually upset they are returning to cities with unity.

Sailing was so much fun.

I was talking with a friend of mine about Black Flag being a series of it's own, would be amazing.

As long as AC and Just Dance sell well Ubisoft will be able to take a bit more risk with their other games since it puts a lot less pressure to sell extremely well on them (Rayman Origins, Child of Light, Far Cry 3, hopefully Beyond Good & Evil 2), so this makes me happy.

To be honest, I think I like Ubisoft best out of all big publishers nowadays. They seem the only ones to really know what they're doing while having both quality output and good revenue. Hell, call me crazy, but I even enjoy uPlay for its reward system.

Completely agree with you.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So it's slightly down from AC3?

Yes. They were projecting 10 million though, so they beat expectations.

It was originally a spin-off game though before they put the number on so it's pretty solid.

This year will be more awkward with the split SKUs.

AHA-Lambda

Yes. They were projecting 10 million though, so they beat expectations.

It was originally a spin-off game though before they put the number on so it's pretty solid.

This year will be more awkward with the split SKUs.

Still find it amazing and imo stupid that they're going to split AC this year over 2 instalments but Far Cry 4 is on everything.

I think it's a dumb idea.

Interesting...

I find it depends on whether the individual is looking for a more pure Assassin's Creed experience in line with the first couple games, or if they are drawn to the pirate side of things. In my case, both elements are equally interesting to me, so Black Flag was actually a pretty nice balance.

Still find it amazing and imo stupid that they're going to split AC this year over 2 instalments but Far Cry 4 is on everything.

financially you're correct, it would have been more profitable to sell the same game on all platforms, but for the gamer this choice is better. you're getting a true next gen assassin creed this year, while far cry 4 is just a shiner port of last gen game that still limited in scope, size, and gameplay to what the PS3/X360 is capable of.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I imagine that Assassin's Creed's online focused design ran out of RAM and couldn't run on 360/PS3 whereas Far Cry 4's most straightforward design didn't.

Top Bottom