• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Character Control (360 version)

Ubisoft communicated new details to Assassin's Creed (PS3, Xbox 360). There are two possibilities to play: Once very remarkably, by releasing riot with old air and humans on the roads to the page schubst. Then very inconspicuously, as the player in the people masses submerges and no attention excited. The Joypad keys are responsible for different body parts: On the Xbox 360 A for the legs (jump or climb) is, Y for the head (activate view mode “Eagle Eye” for seeking out the goal person) and B + X for the arms (attacks without/with weapon, people carefully to the side push or wegschubsen). There are generally speaking play no artificial traps (e.g. mobile walls, etc.). Release: 1. Quarter 2007 (Europe)

translated from german, can someone get a better translation for this:

Neue Infos zu Assassin's Creed

17.09.06 - Ubisoft hat neue Details zu Assassin's Creed (PS3, Xbox 360) bekanntgegeben. Es gibt zwei Möglichkeiten zu spielen: Einmal sehr auffällig, indem man mit Altair Krawall auslöst und Menschen auf der Straßen zur Seite schubst.

Dann sehr unauffällig, indem der Spieler in den Menschenmassen untertaucht und keine Aufmerksamkeit erregt. Die Joypad-Tasten sind für verschiedene Körperpartien zuständig: Auf der Xbox 360 ist A für die Beine (springen oder klettern), Y für den Kopf (Sichtmodus 'Eagle Eye' zum Aufspüren der Zielperson aktivieren) und B + X für die Arme (Angriffe ohne/mit Waffe, Leute behutsam zur Seite schieben oder wegschubsen).

Es gibt im ganzen Spiel keine künstlichen Fallen (z.B. bewegliche Mauern, usw.). Release: 1. Quartal 2007 (Europa)

Gamefront

Mmmkay

Sounds like what was said in the November OXM.
Assassins Creed - Think part action, part adventure, heavy stealth. High profile and low profile ways of playing. Low profile = blending into the crowds on street. High profile = creating a ruckus and pushing through crowds to objective. Face buttons correspond to body parts, Y = Head, B and X = arms, A = legs. Tons of acrobatics. No need for artificial traps (i.e. moving walls), because gameplay is based around social rules and natural traps of cities.
Which is pretty much the same as they said at GDC:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3008981&postcount=34
No, they said the buttons were setup more according to the body part. Where (using the xbox controller as an example):

A button corresponds to your feet
X button is your left hand
B is your right hand
Y is your "top/head/mouth" (corresponding to talking to people, changing views)
trigger (they didn't mention which one) would change each of these (like a walk vs. run)

This makes it, in theory, more accessible to a player by making all of these functions contextually sensitive. Their example was that if you wanted to climb a wall.. you could walk up to it and press "X" or "B" to reach with a hand, or you could also press "A" and hop up to it. Depending which seemed more natural to the player, all three functions would start the climb.

In combat, whichever hand is holding the weapon would be your "attack."

quick translation:

There are 2 possibilities to play: One is to play pretty eye-catching, by causing riots and pushing people to the side.
The other way is to act inconspicuous, hiding in the crowd.
The different buttons on the pad are used for different body parts: A is for the legs (jumping and climbing), Y for the head (using "eagle eye" to detect the target person), and B + X for the arms (attack with/without a weapon, pushing people un-/carefully on the side).

sangreal

The other way is to act inconspicuous, hiding in the crowd.

if they let you...

NPC-AI-A.jpg

NPC-AI-B.jpg

NPC-AI-C.jpg

NPC-AI-D.jpg

MrMeltdown said:
Once very remarkably, by releasing riot with old air and humans on the roads to the page schubst.

Clearly, by farting and blaming it on someone else, then disappearing in the ensuing chaos. What else could "old air" refer to?

Dachande

Have they announced how big the game at all in GB?

I'd be interested to know, and see if the 360 one will need to be on multiple DVDs.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Dachande said:

I'd be interested to know, and see if the 360 one will need to be on multiple DVDs.

When they debuted it at GDC to demonstrate the crowd system, it was running on a 360 (back when it was just "Assassins" or "Assassin"); so I'd assume they're doing fine fitting it on the 360.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BenjaminBirdie said:
Clearly, by farting and blaming it on someone else, then disappearing in the ensuing chaos. What else could "old air" refer to?

I took it to mean you Febreeze the bad guys in the game.

Dachande said:

I'm sure this won't come up in any discussion of multiplatform releases. You might never know.

Maybe this has been answered in another thread, but I haven't seen it. What was their original reasoning behind developing it for 360 and only announcing it for PS3?

Bojangles said:
Please stop the "multiple DVD" trolling. This game is being developed FOR THE 360, and ported to the PS3...

its not trolling if you look through the eyes of the casual gamer..the casual gamer is not into the techs of bluray games in ps3 or 360 dvds. the casual gamer will see that the 360 has more than 1 dvd and the casual gamer will register in his brain that more disc means more special features at a normal 360 game price especially the kids and the parents

sangreal

Sabaku Ika said:
Maybe this has been answered in another thread, but I haven't seen it. What was their original reasoning behind developing it for 360 and only announcing it for PS3?

I don't believe they have officially given any reason but it seems pretty obvious:

Exclusive games get much more attention, System Fanboys rally behind them and post them in every systemwar thread to show why their system of choice is better.

The better question is why did they insult everyones intelligence by claiming it was exclusive after: a) showing the trailer at x05, b) describing the xbox controls at gdc. + peter moore told us it wasnt exclusive even before x05

ManaByte

Gold Member
MrMeltdown said:
its not trolling if you look through the eyes of the casual gamer..the casual gamer is not into the techs of bluray games in ps3 or 360 dvds. the casual gamer will see that the 360 has more than 1 dvd and the casual gamer will register in his brain that more disc means more special features at a normal 360 game price especially the kids and the parents

Please learn to read.

Bojangles said:
Please stop the "multiple DVD" trolling. This game is being developed FOR THE 360, and ported to the PS3...

The game was always on the 360. UbiSoft was just paid a metric shit ton of money to announce it on the PS3 first. There are NO MULTIPLE DVDs for Assassin's Creed.

Please explain why a game being developed on the 360 as its lead platform would require multiple DVDs.

sangreal said:
The better question is why did they insult everyones intelligence by claiming it was exclusive after: a) showing the trailer at x05, b) describing the xbox controls at gdc. + peter moore told us it wasnt exclusive even before x05

Because not everyone pays attention to that stuff. E3 is a much bigger stage than GDC.

sangreal said:
Exclusive games get much more attention, System Fanboys rally behind them and post them in every systemwar thread to show why their system of choice is better.
That would make perfect sense IF they said it was exclusive to the system it was actually on.

sangreal

Sabaku Ika said:
That would make perfect sense IF they said it was exclusive to the system it was actually on.
what?

it was never shown running on 360 if thats what you mean. One of the developers posts here and he has confirmed that many many times

ManaByte

Gold Member
sangreal said:
what?

it was never shown running on 360 if thats what you mean. One of the developers posts here and he has confirmed that many many times

The crowd stuff at GDC was on 360, at least that's what they said when it was being demoed. :\

bumpkin

I was half expecting someone to mention the 360 not having the six degrees of rotation, which on the PS3 lets you physically do the motion of snapping someone's neck or twisting the dagger you stuck in their side.

bumpkin said:
I was half expecting someone to mention the 360 not having the six degrees of rotation, which on the PS3 lets you physically do the motion of snapping someone's neck or twisting the dagger you stuck in their side.

But then you wouldn't've been able to!

:D

Tieno

Thanks for the info! Assassin's Creed sounds like a smart, mature and intelligent game, in some way it reminds me of ICO (not gameplay wise, though). ICO also went for that 'believable' and 'organic' world, though it seems in a different way than Assassin's Creed will do. I hope they can pull it off!

Dachande

I'm not trolling. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this'll be the situation. Look, if MGS2 and 3 (I believe 3 does, anyway) can fill up a whole DVD9, Assassin's Creed easily could. Since they have an option to do it and the PS3 will be able to have it on one disc anyway, I just wondered if that'd be the case - but it doesn't bother me or anything.

Jeez, some of you people are so defensive.

Dachande said:
I'm not trolling. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this'll be the situation. Look, if MGS2 and 3 (I believe 3 does, anyway) can fill up a whole DVD9, Assassin's Creed easily could. Since they have an option to do it and the PS3 will be able to have it on one disc anyway, I just wondered if that'd be the case - but it doesn't bother me or anything.

Jeez, some of you people are so defensive.
The MGS games have, like, 40 (guessing here) hours of voice or something and some video that eats up a lot of the disc.

shpankey said:
why again should i care if a game is on 2 disks? i really don't get it.
'Cause it'll automatically suck and not be next-gen unless it's only one disc....that's why. :lol

Seriously, I hope this game has co-op over Live, though any co-op would be great. I have a lot of faith in this team to pull out some awesome stuff.

Dachande

MightyHedgehog said:
I would respond to you directly if that were the case. It's just one of those silly ideas that some people try and pass off as reality, IMO.

Right, fair enough. I agree, in any case.

Top Bottom