• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Empire first leaked screenshot

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The leakiest franchise of all time I think. Everything leaks. In any case, the setting leaves me dead cold. No interest, at least for me. Oh well.

Moskalova

HXt9jQx.jpg

this is the screenshot it linked to for me? or is it the second one?

1475227349-3787-capture-d-ecran.jpg

VAD

It makes sense. There already was an old leak about an open world Egyptian game from Ubi. #teamreal

vivekTO

Its look Alpha build , that is too very early one. And i don't think this is egypt, looking at the trees and terrain.

DKHF

Classic AC leaking...

Screenshot doesn't reveal much but I used to be a big fan of AC (until AC3), hopefully this game is great with the extra time they are taking and significant changes (I think they said they're making) so I can get back into the series.

SomTervo

Its look Alpha build , that is too very early one. And i don't think this is egypt, looking at the trees and terrain.

The screenshot is basically a cold cyberspace style wire frame of pyramids and grid lines.

You're looking at the wrong screen.

SomTervo

OléGunner;218603732 said:
I have no idea whats going on in that picture, probably animus related.

"E-store" tells me microtransactions are back in, did Syndicate have those as well?

Unity and Syndicate both had them and they were completely unintrusive. Just like in R6 Siege, too.

Ancient Egypt sounds like a brilliant setting for this franchise

Its very promising because the really exciting narrative stuff hinted at in AC1 in 2007 was set in Egypt. It was Lost-style mystery stuff that was never really developed. Fingers crossed for Empire.

jem0208

Unity and Syndicate both had them and they were completely unintrusive. Just like in R6 Siege, too.

Its very promising because the really exciting narrative stuff hinted at in AC1 in 2007 was set in Egypt. It was Lost-style mystery stuff that was never really developed. Fingers crossed for Empire.
Unity has micro transactions?

Yah I just wanted to know if Syndicate had them.
I played Unity and the microtransactions didn't hinder or distract.

Still, it irks me just a lil seeing them in SP games...

Dalibor68

Banned
Really looking forward to this because

a) the extra development time and reduced franchise fatigue
b) them saying they have Witcher 3 as inspiration amongst others
c) hopefully there being some mystic tales stuff like exploring tombs etc

I've not cared about this franchise for a while, but ancient Egypt sounds like a brilliant setting. Hope it's good!

Ancient Egypt is a good setting for Assassin's Creed. I hope we get to play as that female assassin who killed Cleopatra.

Why are we assuming it's Ancient Egypt?

If the game is called Assassin's Creed: Empire, my first assumption would be that it's set predominantly in British Egypt in the late 19th or early 20th centuries. Considering the chronology seems to keep moving forwards and they've already done one Victorian period British setting, it seems fairly logical to me.

novabolt

If the game is called Assassin's Creed: Empire, my first assumption would be that it's set predominantly in British Egypt in the late 19th or early 20th centuries. Considering the chronology seems to keep moving forwards and they've already done one Victorian period British setting, it seems fairly logical to me.

It could be a mini reboot of the story and explain the origins of the first assassins?

SomTervo

That old leaked screenshot, of the (presumable) protagonist looked a lot more early Egypt than colonised Egypt.

Wasn't it mentioned as ancient Egypt in all the developer leaks? Something about them saying modern settings restricted their storytelling, because the more modern a setting becomes the more known and concrete all the facts and events are. By going back in time, they have more freedom with characters and events, and the roles the main character is able to play within them. It's a big reason AC3's story was so poor imo, because Connor being around for all these big well documented events just didn't seem believable.

EDIT: And I think they'd also mentioned it being part of a new Ezio-esque series, which will also feature Greece and Rome? Ancient setting is almost guaranteed.

Certinty

I'm actually interested. Out of nowhere Syndicate was amazing, lets hope the series continues in that same direction.

Top Bottom