• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I bought a Vita at launch for Uncharted, as did a lot of other people. I was planning to get one eventually anyways, but uncharted got me to pull the trigger at launch. I'm sure theres plenty of people who'll get one for AC:L, especially since there's that nice bundle.

Yeah, uncharted definitely pushed me over the edge to buy one at launch, and I don't regret it one bit. Lots of great console quality games on the go, and Gravity Rush is such a treat.

This is going to be my first Assassin's creed since Assassin's creed 1 (didn't have very fond memories, especially after my save got erased). I'm hoping for the best, it has a really nice setting and I like the character. Just waiting for some more user impressions to get me really hyped.

Yeah, uncharted definitely pushed me over the edge to buy one at launch, and I don't regret it one bit. Lots of great console quality games on the go, and Gravity Rush is such a treat.

This is going to be my first Assassin's creed since Assassin's creed 1 (didn't have very fond memories, especially after my save got erased). I'm hoping for the best, it has a really nice setting and I like the character. Just waiting for some more user impressions to get me really hyped.

You can check out a livestream here, if you're interestred.

http://www.twitch.tv/destructoid

Kazerei

Banned
Part of me wants to download the game and beat it before the review embargo is up, just to laugh.

Part of me wants to go to sleep >_>

Spazznid

Anyone have any idea about how they are capturing the video?

I would assume from the lack of shacking and the fact that he seems to be able to move his hands and probably the vita it self, It would likely be some sort of webcam directly attatched to the face of the console.

Sintoid

The old fashion way: a camera in front of a Vita. =)

Or maybe they have a SDK Vita with HDMI out...

304417_292889957487838_1053552711_n.jpg

Or maybe they have a SDK Vita with HDMI out...

If they had something like that, which they had just mentioned on the stream that they didn't, the video would look much better than it is now (with direct feed and what not).

Besides, you can see the guy's finger doing the touch controls on multiple occasions throughout the stream.

Sintoid

If they had something like that, which they had just mentioned on the stream that they didn't, the video would look much better than it is now (with direct feed and what not).

Besides, you can see the guy's finger doing the touch controls on multiple occasions throughout the stream.

Lol, sorry I didn't see fingers :D

burgerdog

Here's what the icon looks like for those who are interested.

iEezr7QO6fMpg.jpg

I'm about to fire it up right now.

Yep! Holy crap, I still can't believe they unlocked this at this hour. Can't seem to find MW or Ragnarok Oddyssey, though. All good, time to play AC!

edit
There's a patch already.

burgerdog

The animation is so good, and her running animation is 100 times better than Desmond/Altair/Ezio. The direct feed pictures that were posted earlier didnt do the game justice, it looks so much better on the vita. Also ran into at least 7+ npcs in one scene already.

pa22word

I can't seem to locate it on the store. THe only thing popping up for me is the free stuff, no buy icon.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. Found it by searching. Odd it's not up on the game's own little tab on PSN though o_O

I can't seem to locate it on the store. THe only thing popping up for me is the free stuff, no buy icon.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. Found it by searching. Odd it's not up on the game's own little tab on PSN though o_O
Search for "liberation" and it will be there. I also found AC3 season pass by just searching for "assassin". I wanted to get both this month so I could take advantage of the spend $100 get $20 back October deal.
EDIT: too late.

Chesskid1

Banned
how does the framerate feel to ya'll?

it feels kind of laggy/inconsistent to me, trying to get used to it, frequent dips. played the first couple of missions.

GQman2121

Banned
The opening to the game is pretty smart. Can't say I quite understand how they go about setting up the lead character's actions, but the explanation for the Animus is a clever one.

You as the player are basically Desmond now.

The game is already official retail released in Germany. So everybody go buy it! When im back from University ill try it out and post some impressions.

how does the framerate feel to ya'll?

it feels kind of laggy/inconsistent to me, trying to get used to it, frequent dips. played the first couple of missions.

I wuv my adorable cases though and I'm not playing AC3 proper anytime soon. Still got dishonored, Doom3 BFG and need to finish up RE6

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Played the game a bit. Thought I'd post some impressions.

The game is assassins creed. Plain and simple. There are some new mechanics, like dressing up different clothes for different abilities, but by and large, it is the same formula. Climbing feels more nimble and faster than before, and combat is still the same ol' counter to win. Multiplayer is just an ios type game where you send henchmen to various nodes on a world map and gain points, which is disappointing. But the single player mode, thus far, appear to be a full fledged assassins creed game, with no compromises as far as the gameplay is concerned.

Technically, the game is pretty good. Framerate has dips, but is perfectly playable, and yes, the game has aliasing. There are plenty of pedestrians on the streets, and at a busy intersection, i can see up to maybe 20 pedestrians when I pan the camera around, so no worries about the city feeling dead. I really like the music and soundtrack, but man, the French accent annoys me to no end.

That is about all I can say for now.

Ken

Played the game a bit. Thought I'd post some impressions.

The game is assassins creed. Plain and simple. There are some new mechanics, like dressing up different clothes for different abilities, but by and large, it is the same formula. Climbing feels more nimble and faster than before, and combat is still the same ol' counter to win. Multiplayer is just an ios type game where you send henchmen to various nodes on a world map and gain points, which is disappointing. But the single player mode, thus far, appear to be a full fledged assassins creed game, with no compromises as far as the gameplay is concerned.

Technically, the game is pretty good. Framerate has dips, but is perfectly playable, and yes, the game has aliasing. There are plenty of pedestrians on the streets, and at a busy intersection, i can see up to maybe 20 pedestrians when I pan the camera around, so no worries about the city feeling dead. I really like the music and soundtrack, but man, the French accent annoys me to no end.

That is about all I can say for now.

Urgh...that's what's stopping me from buying it now since I got bored of AC1, 2, and Brotherhood but a part of me still wants to get it.

Top Bottom