• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III & Rayman Origins Remasters Coming Soon?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Although the studio recently said it wants to release fewer new licenses to focus on quality, nothing prevents it from offering some ports and remastered version here and there. Rayman Origins and Assassin’s Creed 3 could be the next titles concerned.

Indeed, the PEGI, the classification of games, has just listed the two games mentioned above on Xbox One as evidenced by the two Twitter messages published at the bottom of this news and the new product sheet on the official website.
If only the Xbox One versions are listed for the moment, the PlayStation 4 versions should be also taken into consideration because it would be really surprising that a simple remaster becomes an exclusive title.
After the recent release of South Park: The Stick of Truth in physical version on these same consoles and the upcoming arrival of Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered, so there is nothing really surprising in the arrival of a remaster for Rayman Origins and Assassin’s Creed III, two very good games released respectively in 2011 and 2012.
Of course, it will be necessary to wait for the official announcement of Ubisoft since nothing has yet been communicated from the French publisher. That said, there are few games listed by the organizations that are not confirmed lately, especially since the Assassin’s Creed Rogue remaster has been a hit by the same process that was listed before it was announced.
We just have to wait until the announcement of the release dates and specificities of these new versions of Assassin’s Creed 3 and Rayman Origins (presence of the title or not on the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X with optimization, physical version, price, etc.)
https://gametransfers.com/assassins-creed-3-remaster-xbox-one-ps4/

llien

Why would anyone remaster Origins? (which my kids found unplayable, after having some Legends, although no complains about the look and feel)

Droxcy

Hopefully they have an option to completely skip the childhood intro for AC3. I'd personally like it remastered with better graphics. I enjoyed the story and plot, been meaning to play the Ezio Collection as well.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Why would anyone remaster Origins? (which my kids found unplayable, after having some Legends, although no complains about the look and feel)

Unplayable?
Rayman origins is considered one of the better rayman games.

I think these remasters are very unnecessary.

Mett

Since Rogue is gonna be digital only in the US(retail copies everywhere else) I can't be too excited. I mean, I gotta import from PlayAsia since Amazon UK doesn't ship games to the US but means, gotta pay more. :(

Sorry for the Rant.

Alx

Origins is BC and its levels are in Legends. Plus it's a 2D game so I'm not sure a remaster would improve its look. Really seems unnecessary.

llien

Unplayable?
Rayman origins is considered one of the better rayman games.

Not the levels themselves, which felt similar (although less sophisticated), but they are so used to the way transitioning between levels etc works in Legends, that Origins is a "no, please, don't" for them.

Origins is a very good game but is there demand for a remaster of a 2D game that still looks good today? Assassin's Creed 3 is also an odd choice.

I never really played AC3 (or AC in general) much but AC3 was always by far my favorite setting and player base.

This is one of those bias moments where I'd probably buy it for the 'snowy mountain forests, hunting, and homesteads' alone.

Codes 208

Good god why?
Rayman Origins can already be played perfectly on xbox one via compatibility and the levels were remastered for legends.

And assassins creed 3? Arguably the worst AC ever? Ubisoft, dont be a bethesda.

Mett

It takes place in the same areas around the similar time but it is not the same.

I also really enjoyed 3.

WaterAstro

Why three? Uh did they already did 2?

Three is the worst, but they just keep making them, so they might make something even worse. AC:O was so boring when I started playing it and never even went back.

Mett

Not sure why people think its a weird choice? I mean they could do one but they have already done 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and next month is Rogue, not many left other than 1 and while I do think they should do that one, they don't have many others left.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Its really the gen of remasters
God fuck, I I wish this stupid ass comment would go away.

Yes, a lot of games have been remastered, but it's not a generation of remasters....

There are so many wonderful games from this gen to play.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
As for Assassins Creed 3, I can't say that I would get that one unless there are some significant improvements to the controls, crafting and gameplay.

BadHand

Lol, only the kid of a GAF member would refer to Rayman Origins as “unplayable”.

Assassins Creed III is bad, weird choice.
What other AC game would you do? Assassin's Creed already has the 4K enhancements to the 360 version on Xbox One X. Rogue already has a remaster coming. And they already did the Ezio games.

The only other game besides III without an existing Xbox One port is Liberation.

The final parts of AC 3 was really well done, the hand to hand combat was superb. But i had to make myself get that far in the game, took little by little but managed to complete it. Had to justify the full price purchase.

it's interesting to see the reaction here :O in that thread a couple months back about Rogue, it turned into a bit of an AC3 lovefest of people saying they hope it's next

I hope they don't remaster Assassin's Creed 3. It's one of the few games in that series that I have completely no interest in. Do number 2 first.

Swizzle

Gold Member
God fuck, I I wish this stupid ass comment would go away.

Yes, a lot of games have been remastered, but it's not a generation of remasters....

There are so many wonderful games from this gen to play.

I think people fear that next generation companies may put less emphasis on BC given the popularity of teamsters. I think there is a valid concern to be had there, but I am quite sure MS and Sony will both have BC enabled consoles next generation.

TannerDemoz

They'd be better off doing a Ubisoft remastered compilation with 3/4 different titles. I don't think ACIII and Rayman are strong enough to release on their own and do well – especially since you can pick them up for a couple of quid/dollars

Senua

What other AC game would you do? Assassin's Creed already has the 4K enhancements to the 360 version on Xbox One X. Rogue already has a remaster coming. And they already did the Ezio games.

The only other game besides III without an existing Xbox One port is Liberation.
I guess I'm saying, don't do any more. The ezio collection was bad too. Pc ports at 30fps? Piss off Ubi.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Really don't understand Rayman here. And i recall the remaster for Assassins Creed II was pretty unspectacular (could have also been a straight port, i don't remember) so i really don't care about Assassins Creed 3... and on top of that it's by far the most boring Assassins Creed i have ever played.

Allandor

Why part AC3?
This was the most uninteresting part of all. Well ... never learned so much about american history before ^^ but ... well story wise it was just to much of a history lessen ^^. Black flag on the other hand was really good. Maybe they should just release a Pro-/X-patch for that game. Or finally fix Unity.

TGO

Assassins Creed III is bad, weird choice.
Not really a weird choice, ACIII is tied to the Ezio Trilogy and even Origins references it, Rogue is set in the same time and world.
And if you are following Desmonds story it's an essential part. Completing Ezio's trilogy and going into Blackflag is worse than watching Star War TLJ.
It's actually the most obvious choice

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm actually pretty hyped for a remaster of ACIII. I played the Ezio trilogy and loved it then tried going back to ACIII as 360 BC and it just felt so... dated.

Assassin's Creed III with all of the DLC + Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (since it was originally Assassin's Creed III: Liberation) on modern consoles would make for a really compelling package deal.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Assassins Creed 3 could be good, but it would need a LOT of work such to fix the issues I had with the game.

Issues I had:
1. Absolutely terrible side content and most of it was not fun and didn't reward the player in any meaningful way for doing it. I remember finishing up all the ship quests and being absolutely shocked and frustrated that I didn't get anything for doing all of it. Same with all the Frontiersman, etc missions. Don't get me started with crap like the Homestead and Encyclopedia of the Common Man. Too much bloat and no in game incentive for doing in addition to not being very fun.
2. Terrible crafting system. It was great that they drastically simplified it for Black Flag and they should do that in this remaster.
3. Getting into open conflict for no apparent reason and end up having half the city chasing you down.
4. Terrible optional objectives. These were fucking terrible and made completionists do ultra tedious crap to complete the 100% sync achievement.

I got a platinum trophy for AC3, but I didn't have much fun doing it.

Senua

Not really a weird choice, ACIII is tied to the Ezio Trilogy and even Origins references it, Rogue is set in the same time and world.
And if you are following Desmonds story it's an essential part. Completing Ezio's trilogy and going into Blackflag is worse than watching Star War TLJ.
It's actually the most obvious choice
Yea, but it's not a good game.

TGO

Yea, but it's not a good game.
Opinions, it's probably the only AC I completed without a really long break in-between, Blackflag while fun was a step back imo

VulcanRaven

I hope this is true. Assassin's Creed III is my favorite game in the series. Would be awesome to play it with better graphics and stable framerate on PS4.

Top Bottom