• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Debut Trailer [Update: Leaked Screenshots In OP]

george_us

I like pirates but I really don't like Ass Creed. So I don't know how to feel about this.
The pirate towns/tropical island setting plus more sweet naval battle goodness probably means I'm in. For the love of God I hope they switch up the combat mechanics and play test the shit out of this game.

I enjoyed 3 despite some poor storytelling and feeling like it was a lesser experience than its individual parts would have you believe, but something about pirates and the setting just looks damn fun. I'll be looking forward to this.

Nice, but that assassin outfit looks so out of place, I wish they would drop it. It was bad in 3 and it worse here :(

But I like pirate games so, I'll probably end up getting it.

L1NETT

Um tricky one. These CGI trailers are always fantastic (especially the ACR and ACIII ones) but after playing the aforementioned games, I am wary.

Bit of a disappointing trailer. The visuals are nice at least, but the content was just super simple, let a guy tell you about how badass our protagonist is while he shoots some guys in a style that should have been exciting but the animation and camera set ups made it look really muted.

But hell, it's still a potential open world pirate game so it would have to release a long string of disappointing trailers before I stop being fairly hyped for it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really hope they do another launch party for this here in Toronto like they did for AC3. I had a lot of fun at that one when the Connor can fly videos were posted here on GAF. :lol

KingK

I actually really liked AC3 once it opened up in chapter 6, and I've always wanted an awesome open world pirate game so I'm really fucking excited.

Tucah

you speak so well
No Connor + more ship stuff + pirates = interested

I'm still weary after being a bit let down two games in a row but I'm not out yet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Doesn't even come close to Brotherhood's and Revelations' CG trailers, but still cool.

Goldrusher

Yo ho!

assassinscreediv_blacxuu8i.jpg

assassinscreediv_blacx8ux8.jpg

Muzzy

Looks really nice. It would have been great if we could play the bearded pirate instead of the young lad.
They show the assassin diving, maybe some underwater gameplay. And finally the women are back, I missed the courtesans from the previous games. I also hope the environments at night will be faithful to what this CGI trailer shows.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
So everything in that trailer is what you won't be able to do in the game. AC3 was a complete let down based off the trailers and commercials that aired.

kubus

Here, just in case the video gets pulled (I assumed it was accidently made public early?):

https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1362245692264.mp4
With Ubisoft, and especially Assassin's Creed series, I don't believe in "accidently leaking" anymore. A poster leaks and the next day Ubisoft has box art ready? Come on. Exactly same thing happened with ACIII too.

I swear, these leaks are intentional and only made to create hype. Because somehow, stuff is more exciting when it was supposed to be secret.

Trailer looks nice, to the point I'd rather have Ubi make a AC CGI movie instead of a new game... I'll wait for gameplay footage.

Effect

Looking forward to this. I enjoyed AC3 and looking to play more in this series going forward. Here's hoping we get some gameplay footage on Monday. They have had more time to work on the Wii U version this time around also better SDK tools should be available as well.

The_Monk

Very curious about this one. Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer. I've played them all except Assassins 3 but I'll fix that soon.

Already liking more the concept/time on this one, however.

Top Bottom